Home
News Post

THE CHAMP IS BACK! EA ANNOUNCES EA SPORTS FIGHT NIGHT ROUND 4

Mike Tyson Featured in First Boxing Videogame in Nearly a Decade

REDWOOD CITY, Calif. – May 7, 2008 – Electronic Arts Inc. (Nasdaq: ERTS) announced today that EA SPORTS™Fight Night Round 4 is in development at EA Canada in Vancouver under the EA SPORTS brand. EA SPORTS Fight Night is back with the most realistic “in the ring” experience to date, featuring some of the greatest boxers in history fighting in their prime.

“The EA SPORTS Fight Night franchise has always been synonymous with quality and innovation that raised the bar for the sports videogame genre”, said Kevin Wilkinson, Executive Producer, EA SPORTS. “EA SPORTS Fight Night Round 3 was a platform defining game as the industry transitioned to next generation consoles. EA SPORTS Fight Night Round 4 will change how boxing games are played and measured in the future.”

Featuring a re-written gameplay engine, EA SPORTS Fight Night Round 4 will add a variety of fighting styles and boxer differentiation to authentically emulate the greatest fighters of all time. Pressure your opponent with the brawling inside style of young Mike Tyson, bobbing and weaving to set up powerful hooks and uppercuts. Capitalize on Muhammad Ali’s reach, hand speed and fleetness of foot to bewilder your opponent with lightning fast jabs and straights from the outside. For the first time in history, EA SPORTS Fight Night Round 4 gives you the opportunity to pit these legendary heavyweights against one another and name a true champ.

No fight will be the same with an all-new physics-based animation system that recreates the full spectrum of true-to-life punch impacts, giving boxers a devastating arsenal of punches, blocks and ring movement. The new physics system allows for missed punches, glancing punches, knockout blows and for the first time ever, rough and tumble inside fighting. Fatigue, adrenaline, footwork and timing all come into play as you hammer away at your opponents.

EA SPORTS Fight Night Round 4 will be available for the Xbox 360™ system and the PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system and ships to retailers in 2009. The game has not yet been rated by the ESRB or PEGI.

EA SPORTS™ is the leading interactive sports software brand in the world, with top-selling titles and franchises including Madden NFL Football, FIFA Soccer, NHL® hockey, NBA LIVE basketball, NCAA® Football, Tiger Woods PGA TOUR® and NASCAR® racing.

Game: Fight Night Round 4Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 38 - View All
Fight Night Round 4 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 stephensonmc @ 05/07/08 02:03 PM

# 2 JayBee74 @ 05/07/08 02:04 PM
Sounds promising and a complete redo-Too bad it's about a year away.

# 3 Millennium @ 05/07/08 02:10 PM
This is a release day buy for me, as long as it's as good as round 3. Don't go arcade on us, EA. Make it even more realistic.

# 4 Sausage @ 05/07/08 02:43 PM
This is sad; the small excitement (very small sadly) that Prizefighter created has just went down the toilet. Just by announcing Mike Tyson will be in the game.

I really hope they use the prime version not the bald over the hill version with the tattoo on his face. I just can't for the life of me understand why they create the older and slower version of Holyfield either.

Please give us Tyson, Holyfield, and other boxers in there prime.

# 5 fistofrage @ 05/07/08 02:44 PM
Awesome news. I hope they have an open ended career mode with rankings. How many times have I typed that? How many times will it fall on deaf ears?

# 6 poster @ 05/07/08 03:06 PM
Wow, potentially could be very good. Financially speaking Tyson must be thanking his lucky stars.

# 7 ausar72 @ 05/07/08 03:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sausage
... Please give us Tyson, Holyfield, and other boxers in there prime.
And while you're throwing in boxers who have been traditionally hard to get in these games, let's try to get Tommy "The Hitman" Hearns in this time.

This would truly be the greatest boxing game, if they could pull that off!

# 8 Brian_OS @ 05/07/08 03:18 PM
This is great news! I can't wait to drop some chumps with Tyson!

# 9 NYG_Meth @ 05/07/08 03:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian_OS
This is great news! I can't wait to drop some chumps with Tyson!
EVERYONE will be fighting as Tyson online, guaranteed. Also, I'd bet dollars to donuts that he'll be on the cover.

# 10 boomhauertjs @ 05/07/08 04:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYG_Meth
EVERYONE will be fighting as Tyson online, guaranteed. Also, I'd bet dollars to donuts that he'll be on the cover.
I'll be fighting with Little Mac.

# 11 NYG_Meth @ 05/07/08 04:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boomhauertjs
I'll be fighting with Little Mac.
Nicely done lol.

# 12 mr_president @ 05/07/08 04:53 PM
please fix the mechanics(not the controls)...this games boxing mechanics are broken,old and really need to be revamped....i'll wait and see.

welcome back iron mike.

# 13 EWRMETS @ 05/07/08 05:15 PM
They better get Money Mayweather, Pavlik, Cotto, and Wladimir.

# 14 BezO @ 05/07/08 05:27 PM
Sweet!

# 15 edubbs @ 05/07/08 05:48 PM
Having Tyson in the game 'almost' gurantees sales of atleast 1 million copies.

This game will sale like hotcakes.

I just hope it's good.....

# 16 videobastard @ 05/07/08 06:23 PM
Finally a boxing game with tyson again... should be dope

# 17 edubbs @ 05/07/08 07:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by metallicatz
I think if he faces Ali with both fighters in their prime......Tyson kills him inside of 4 rounds. Just my opinion.
I TOTALLY disagree.

And I like Tyson........but I can't imagine a prime Tyson beating a prime Ali.

However like you said, it's YOUR opinion and I can respect that.

# 18 mr_president @ 05/07/08 07:34 PM
Quote:
I think if he faces Ali with both fighters in their prime......Tyson kills him inside of 4 rounds. Just my opinion.

not a chance in hell....not one chance.(respectfully).

fear was one of tysons greatest weapons, and there is no way ali walks in afraid of tyson. not to mention ali had one of the best chins ever in boxing...mix that with ali's freakish speed, power and smarts and you get a recipe for doom for tyson.

would not go past 7 rounds.

# 19 KingofPittsburgh @ 05/07/08 07:44 PM
Quote:
No he wont...if you remeber Ali faced the Tyson of his time (Foreman/Liston) and beat him mentally before beating him physically Tyson was great because of his combinaiton of speed and power...on the inside and his intimidation factor. but he is also a front runner where if he doesnt knock the guy out in the first half of the fight he is in trouble (see fight vs buster Douglas in tokyo) so all ali would have to do is keep him out side with his jab (which ali has one of the best of) and out last tysons stamina and wear him down mentally just like he did foreman

fight over in 9 rounds max

# 20 aholbert32 @ 05/07/08 08:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EWRMETS
They better get Money Mayweather, Pavlik, Cotto, and Wladimir.
You can forget about Pavlik. He's signed to 2k's game.

« Previous1234Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.