Home
News Post

Game: NCAA Football 09Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 95 - View All
NCAA Football 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 bad_philanthropy @ 05/09/08 01:21 PM
Wow, way more penalties and lots more missed passes. Could this be an indication that EA listened to the guys who went to the event in New York?

# 2 noplace @ 05/09/08 01:26 PM
Damn, if it wasnt for that damn line play I would be so hyped...Sick of seeing the QB drop 20yrds & then break right or left to no defense anywhere in sight. uugh

# 3 Soonerd2 @ 05/09/08 01:30 PM
Some real winners on the sticks in this vid.

# 4 bad_philanthropy @ 05/09/08 01:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soonerd2
At the end of the video we saw that the FSU vs Florida game was on Varsity though.

# 5 eaglesfan27 @ 05/09/08 01:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_philanthropy
Wow, way more penalties and lots more missed passes. Could this be an indication that EA listened to the guys who went to the event in New York?
I didn't see that. I saw a few penalties (which is a nice improvement from default penalties of last year) and a very few overthrown balls, but still a large number of passes that were on the money despite being thrown while scrambling or despite being thrown into tight coverage.

# 6 BrianFifaFan @ 05/09/08 01:39 PM
Not bad at all. On the FSU Florida game on the left, I saw a few really nice things. There was one play where there was a perfect pocket. Also it seems the defense was pretty smart in flowing to the ball. But it was head to head, we'll see if the CPU AI is as smart. But he wasn't controlling them all. Also I saw some really nice pans from in the crowd down onto the field level. Nice touch. There does seem to be a lot more atmosphere in the stadium this year. This is the first video that I've seen that gives a bigger picture of the whole deal.

Steve do you know anything about Bowl Presentation? Is there a special boost for the bowls, especially BCS and National Title Game? I know you didn't play it. Just wondering if the producers said anything about it. Big Concern of mine....But so far, back on board to purchase. Maybe they'll slow down the break-away plays a little before release....Thanks so much, Steve!

# 7 AuburnAlumni @ 05/09/08 01:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soonerd2
Did anyone else when they heard the guys arguing?

And yes...it seems that every video I've seen involves some geek who knows little to nothing about football OR someone who likes the traditional "sim" style of drop back 20 yards, rollout 30 yards, and throw a 60 yard bomb.

# 8 BrianFifaFan @ 05/09/08 01:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by noplace
Damn, if it wasnt for that damn line play I would be so hyped...Sick of seeing the QB drop 20yrds & then break right or left to no defense anywhere in sight. uugh
Yeah, I'm worried about that a little. But the pocket did form a few times. Now the D-line have to be able to break off their blocks into pursuit. But I'm still encouraged. Only thing I find funny is that these so called experts on Madden and NCAA are just cheesers. Not a bit of realistic gameplay out of any of them.......

# 9 SageInfinite @ 05/09/08 02:04 PM
This game looks like soooooo much fun. Like a college version of Tecmo Bowl with next gen graphics. I hope my girl can get this for me.

# 10 BrianFifaFan @ 05/09/08 02:05 PM
I have only one major concern remaining. I really hope that this game doesn't have every team turn into W. Virginia, Oregon and Arkansas. It just seems that every bit of gameplay shown so far is a new Madden 2004 Michael Vick-fest. Of course the guys are playing with spread-type speed teams. I want to see how an Ohio State or USC looks. You can't have every team be this way. Of course with my being a Michigan fan, I'll be able to use this to my advantage. But I do wonder who they'll have at QB for us. It might be a couple of seasons before I can win. Still optimistic and probably will get. But I'd really like to see something that doesn't make this seem to be an offensively overloaded Cheese Fest! Patience.....

# 11 Solidice @ 05/09/08 02:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAlumni
Did anyone else when they heard the guys arguing?

And yes...it seems that every video I've seen involves some geek who knows little to nothing about football OR someone who likes the traditional "sim" style of drop back 20 yards, rollout 30 yards, and throw a 60 yard bomb.
yea, and i think we see why they leave it in the game, because it seem the majority of the people likes to do it, maybe not here, but the casual fans.

i did see a few picks when they were scrambling/dropping back 20 yards/feet not planted though.

# 12 nxt @ 05/09/08 02:11 PM
What is up with the defense? Does everyone just suck or is the offense that much more over powering? In almost every video clip that I've seen thus far (from OS to IGN to GS), the offense is shredding the D. It seems like the offensive players all have 100 speed and the defensive players are like 70? I seriously hope the game level and sliders can fix this...because touting this wideopen gameplay is starting to scare me a little. I mean, the big plays are great, but so far the advantage that I've seen on the offensive side of the ball is unreal.

# 13 LBzrule @ 05/09/08 02:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nxt
What is up with the defense? Does everyone just suck or is the offense that much more over powering? In almost every video clip that I've seen thus far (from OS to IGN to GS), the offense is shredding the D. It seems like the offensive players all have 100 speed and the defensive players are like 70? I seriously hope the game level and sliders can fix this...because touting this wideopen gameplay is starting to scare me a little. I mean, the big plays are great, but so far the advantage that I've seen on the offensive side of the ball is unreal.
Just wait until the nanos come out. The guys playing don't have any nanos under their belts yet. Once the nanos come out I'm sure you are going to see alot more fumbles and INT's and alot more offenses on lock.

# 14 callmetaternuts @ 05/09/08 02:17 PM
Looks good, would be interesting to see a HUM vs CPU game to see INT/Fumble issues or take a look at the the Pick 6's. Looks good though

# 15 nxt @ 05/09/08 02:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by callmetaternuts
Looks good, would be interesting to see a HUM vs CPU game to see INT/Fumble issues or take a look at the the Pick 6's. Looks good though
Yes, I want to see more HUM v CPU. I play about 90% franchise mode, so I want to see if these CPU issues have been addressed. Plus, I can't stand watching these guys play.

# 16 SageInfinite @ 05/09/08 02:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nxt
Yes, I want to see more HUM v CPU. I play about 90% franchise mode, so I want to see if these CPU issues have been addressed. Plus, I can't stand watching these guys play.
Co-Sign. I rarely play online or head to head. I guess that's why the little things matter more to me, like the presentation and atmosphere.

# 17 J-Unit40 @ 05/09/08 02:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageTheInfinite
Co-Sign. I rarely play online or head to head. I guess that's why the little things matter more to me, like the presentation and atmosphere.
Same here. If the CPU vs. HUM is nice, then I will be ....

# 18 bkrich83 @ 05/09/08 02:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageTheInfinite
Same here. Due to work, wife, family, age, I play less and less online than I used to. Outside of one small league I am playing in, the majority of my NCAA play will be franchise mode.

Have we gotten confirmation that the EASPORTSWORLD stuff will be returning? I thought that was a brilliant addition to the game this year.

# 19 SageInfinite @ 05/09/08 03:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Have we gotten confirmation that the EASPORTSWORLD stuff will be returning? I thought that was a brilliant addition to the game this year.
I think I saw something about it returning. I hope it does. That was my favorite feature last year and it was sorely missed in Madden.

# 20 SageInfinite @ 05/09/08 03:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Unit40
Same here. If the CPU vs. HUM is nice, then I will be ....
Same here. I think you were right. The excitement it building. I really wanna get my hands on this game. I still can't spend my own money on it tho, lol.

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.