Home
News Post

Here is part 2 of 2, more random gamers.

Game: NCAA Football 09Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 95 - View All
NCAA Football 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 greatwhite33 @ 05/10/08 12:55 AM
I reserve final judgement until more media/reviews come out, but after watching the video it seems as if it's the same gameplay with minor little changes here and there. I think they need to start working on a new engine for the game, if they haven't already done so.

# 22 SageInfinite @ 05/10/08 04:37 PM
Am I buggin or did I see the quarterback doing a "step into the throw" animation before throwing? That's what it looks like to me. Look @ about 4:12. Also the play after that one where the Cinci QB throws.

# 23 eDotd @ 05/10/08 06:43 PM

# 24 noplace @ 05/10/08 07:01 PM
lmao!!!

# 25 SageInfinite @ 05/10/08 07:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MomentousCeltic

I had the same reaction when I saw that play..

# 26 bigeastbumrush @ 05/10/08 10:02 PM
The game looks really good and much improved from 08.

I just can't stand watching guys drop back 20 yards and chuck the ball downfield and when they happen to score a TD, act like they just re-enacted John Elway's "The Drive".

It actaully sickens me to watch so I just cut the video off short.

# 27 RogueHominid @ 05/11/08 11:46 PM
Quote:

LMFAO!!! I'm still playing that other game, so this was enlightening, to say the least. $60 redirected to my beer budget.

# 28 eDotd @ 05/11/08 11:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
LMFAO!!! I'm still playing that other game, so this was enlightening, to say the least. $60 redirected to my beer budget.
There were some good things in the video, that just really stood out to me when I watched it. I literally said "are you serious?" when he completed that.

# 29 SageInfinite @ 05/12/08 12:19 AM
Quote:
There were some good things in the video, that just really stood out to me when I watched it. I literally said "are you serious?" when he completed that.
Did you notice the "step up" into the throw animation?

# 30 FlyingFinn @ 05/12/08 07:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageTheInfinite
Did you notice the "step up" into the throw animation?
After a 31 yd drop, who really cares about "stepping into the throw" or not.

# 31 mercalnd @ 05/12/08 09:40 AM
Quote:
I agree. If I were interested in multiplayer at all this would be a big red flag to me. Luckily, I only play offline dynasty and it's not something I ever do, nor have I ever seen the CPU even attempt such a ******** play so it doesn't bother me cause I'll never see it.

# 32 mdgoalie37 @ 05/12/08 10:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mercalnd
I agree. If I were interested in multiplayer at all this would be a big red flag to me. Luckily, I only play offline dynasty and it's not something I ever do, nor have I ever seen the CPU even attempt such a ******** play so it doesn't bother me cause I'll never see it.
Exactly what I was thinking. I never play on-line so I don't really care. The QBs accuracy should just drop to almost nothing once you are 10 - 12 yeards behind the line.

# 33 m7406 @ 05/12/08 11:01 AM
Quote:

Hucking Filarious !!!!!!

# 34 SageInfinite @ 05/12/08 01:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingFinn
After a 31 yd drop, who really cares about "stepping into the throw" or not.
When they animation happened he didn't drop that far back. It was the dude controlling Cinci.

# 35 mercalnd @ 05/12/08 01:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacPlex
In reality this is a very make able throw. Think about it, it's like throwing a deep curl route.
Not without setting your feet first it's not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacPlex
The person you should blame is the user playing D. His inability to cause pressure makes this all too possible.
I'm sorry but there's just no way a qb should be able to drop back that far, ever, regardless of the efficiency of the pressure being applied. The further you drop back the easier it should become for the D-Line to get to you because you're just giving them an easier angle to get around the O-Line.

I've stated this doesn't bother me because it won't affect singe player games but there's just no rationalizing this as realistic in any way.

# 36 Hurricain @ 05/12/08 02:10 PM
Quote:

Great post. Wow, that is some drop back pass there.

# 37 bad_philanthropy @ 05/12/08 02:25 PM
The thing about QB dropbacks in EA football games is that there is way too much control, they really need to restrict the ability for such swift movement while dropping back. Not only that but the QB is just way too fast doing it, I think in that video the QB covered thirty or so yards in about three seconds going backwards!

# 38 eDotd @ 05/12/08 04:11 PM
I really don't care that the QB can drop back so far, It's the accuracy of the throws once he drops back 20-30 yards that gets to me. If you want to drop back that far then by all means go ahead, but don't let the dude complete the pass as if it was a 5 step drop. Yea you can blame it on bad defense or whatever but the majority of the time it's not. People have been dropping back and rolling across the field for over a decade now.

And yea Sage I saw the step up throw. It looked pretty good. If it wasn't for the guy controlling Cincy I would've cut the video off.

# 39 highheatkingsb @ 05/12/08 09:51 PM
What they need to do is if you drop back any more than 15 yds from the line of scrimmage, they need to add a 3-click meter or something to that effect for accuracy of a pass.

# 40 ODogg @ 05/12/08 10:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_philanthropy
The thing about QB dropbacks in EA football games is that there is way too much control, they really need to restrict the ability for such swift movement while dropping back. Not only that but the QB is just way too fast doing it, I think in that video the QB covered thirty or so yards in about three seconds going backwards!
This was exactly what I've been meaning to type. Not only that, what you say above, but think about why people don't often run backwards? It's very, very, very tiring and difficult. If a QB ran backwards in real life, like they do in NCAA/Madden, their legs would feel like they were running in wet cement by the 2nd half.

I don't think it would be that difficult to slow down the backwards running, make it more ackward for all but the most agile of QBs and make it affect fatigue. The question is, does EA want to do this because it would fundamentally change the game from how a lot of people play. I don't think it's a matter of ability or them not knowing it's an issue, it's more a matter of they think the alternative would be much less accepted.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.