Home
News Post

GameSpot has posted the following NCAA Football 09 updates:

Game: NCAA Football 09Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 95 - View All
NCAA Football 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 BrianFifaFan @ 05/10/08 03:38 AM
Video #10 nice pick up block from the HB on the delayed blitz. Maybe the blocking is getting better? I like that the player didn't go into chesse mode, as it shows more what the game can do if played fundimentally.

# 2 therizing02 @ 05/10/08 07:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacPlex
It seems as though the games is slower than previous vids.
I agree. It looks much more realistic.

# 3 noplace @ 05/10/08 07:45 AM
It did look slower and alot better IMO. Tackles looked pretty good too

# 4 J-Unit40 @ 05/10/08 08:15 AM
I like the game speed on those 3 videos a lot better than previous videos. Watching someone who actually stays in the pocket for the most part is more enjoyable too.

Thanks for posting. The excitement is building! Just over 2 months away now.

# 5 Gamecocks625 @ 05/10/08 09:23 AM
The Wii version looks totally different. I wonder if it looks like that in normal gameplay (aside from the mascots). Anyways, I do like the, from what it seems, slower pace of the 360/PS3 version in those clips.

# 6 Garydee @ 05/10/08 10:47 AM
Yeah, it does seem to be slower. I also noticed that the one time Juice rolled out, the defense responded to him better than in the previous videos. Maybe these videos are set at the AA level.

# 7 JBucc @ 05/10/08 10:50 AM
In the mascot games on the last gen consoles were the sidelines a complete wasteland like in the Wii videos? There's literally nothing but the chain gang.

# 8 SageInfinite @ 05/10/08 10:55 AM
Gotta love how the quarterback got drilled when he scrambled on that 1 play. Well I can't contain it anymore I'm getting excited. I wish EA had a replay slider. I'd like to see more replays. I also wish they added replay analysis but o well. I'm getting amped for July. I know I won't be let down since I enjoyed last year's game.

# 9 coogrfan @ 05/10/08 11:53 AM
It seems a lot slower, so much so that it's hard to believe it's the same game. Could we be seeing the effects of a higher difficulty setting?

# 10 countryboy @ 05/10/08 12:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageTheInfinite
Gotta love how the quarterback got drilled when he scrambled on that 1 play. Well I can't contain it anymore I'm getting excited. I wish EA had a replay slider. I'd like to see more replays. I also wish they added replay analysis but o well. I'm getting amped for July. I know I won't be let down since I enjoyed last year's game.
Yeah, I laughed when he got drilled. He didn't need to scramble yet.

# 11 countryboy @ 05/10/08 12:03 PM
I loved that both players stayed in the pocket for the most part and when the Auburn player threw the pick, the offense reacted quickly to bring down the defender. Last year, they would've hesistated for a few moments to only be trailing the defender afterwards.

Game is looking great.

# 12 Rocky @ 05/10/08 12:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garydee
Yeah, it does seem to be slower. I also noticed that the one time Juice rolled out, the defense responded to him better than in the previous videos. Maybe these videos are set at the AA level.
The guy who was playing was an idiot. Williams had at least 15 yards if he would've took off. DE's STILL don't play properly.

# 13 farnzworth @ 05/10/08 12:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky
The guy who was playing was an idiot. Williams had at least 15 yards if he would've took off. DE's STILL don't play properly.
I have found that the computer and most human players scramble to the wide side. So all you have to do to put an end to that, is to slant wide side, especially during passing situations. It has worked for a number of years. Also, helps to send a LB blitz off the short side end.

# 14 Village Idiot @ 05/10/08 01:18 PM
Best vids I've seen so far. Tackle animations look great.

# 15 Scott @ 05/10/08 01:34 PM
Good looking video...finally getting excited about some NCAA Football.

# 16 davin @ 05/10/08 02:08 PM
Gameplay looked a lot slower, which is good, and it looked like the pocket formed pretty well.

# 17 countryboy @ 05/10/08 02:10 PM
anyone else bummed that the crowd still wasn't all that "lively"? I am wondering if they had the slider setting for crowd turned down, or what is up, but the crowd just doesn't seem into the game.

# 18 rudyjuly2 @ 05/10/08 03:34 PM
I'm not one of the guys super pumped up about the online dynasty stuff since I'm usually an offline only guy. But I was amazed to hear that you can take you offline dynasty online and merge it in with somebody at any time. Or if you are tired of your online dynasty, you can break it out and just turn it into an offline dynasty. I can't believe the flexibility the online dynasty has in its first year. It sounds almost too good to be true.

# 19 Coach Bryant @ 05/10/08 04:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
anyone else bummed that the crowd still wasn't all that "lively"? I am wondering if they had the slider setting for crowd turned down, or what is up, but the crowd just doesn't seem into the game.
I am. EA SEC football games are loud! I'm still buying the game. I can't wait to play it on my PS3, and 60 inch tv!

# 20 countryboy @ 05/10/08 04:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Bryant
I am. EA SEC football games are loud! I'm still buying the game. I can't wait to play it on my PS3, and 60 inch tv!
Trust me, I am buying the game too. Its just that in all the videos thus far, the crowd has been non-existent so to speak.

Please let it be that the players turned down the crowd slider or something along those lines. I don't wanna play football in front of a golf crowd.

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.