Home
Madden 09 News Post

Gamestop has posted week 5 of their Madden Monday series. This week they talk about a new camera view.

Quote:
"You may have run into this scenario in previous versions of Madden NFL. Your receivers are spread out over the field and an assigned route takes one of them just off of the screen. You think he's open; so you pass that way. Since you can't see him, you're not quite sure if the corner is barreling down on him, if he fell down, or if you're completing a pass to the guy holding the down marker. The producers at EA SPORTS have given us another inside scoop on the biggest Madden NFL camera overhaul yet, the all-new ActionCam camera, which will put an end to that problem."

Madden NFL 09 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 09 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Madden NFL 09Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: NDS / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 88 - View All
Madden NFL 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 SageInfinite @ 05/12/08 01:28 PM
Why do linemen end up on the ground so much in Madden?

# 22 mercalnd @ 05/12/08 01:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Briankingsfan
That is a cool feature for me. I love cameras like 2k's Drive cam and the Pro Cam on Fifa08. If done right, a camera can really add to the atmosphere and immersion. Props.....
The FIFA Pro Cam is exactly what I thought of at the end of the Giants-Pats vid when Moss gets out in the open field after the catch and runs it in for a td. The camera effect was the same as when you get a head of steam in FIFA with the Pro Cam. It's a nice effect.

# 23 eaglesfan27 @ 05/12/08 02:46 PM
This sounds like a useful feature. I'm still going to rent before I buy, but I'm getting more excited to see what this version of Madden plays like.

# 24 IStillDoWhatIDo @ 05/12/08 02:55 PM
No complaints here. just do it right. ps. those grass textures do look beautiful

# 25 Pared @ 05/12/08 03:12 PM
I see they still haven't changed the OL/DL interaction/blocking!!!!

Just kidding... nice to see this although it's absolutely ridiculous to "highlight this" and then not give a video example. Ugh.

# 26 DLaren @ 05/12/08 03:28 PM
This camera-angle has been in the last-gen version of Madden for a couple years now and I haven't found a viable use for it yet...It's cute for a couple games, but I don't see the advantage of using this angle over the "Classic" angle...

# 27 coogrfan @ 05/12/08 03:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
I see they still haven't changed the OL/DL interaction/blocking!!!!

Just kidding... nice to see this although it's absolutely ridiculous to "highlight this" and then not give a video example. Ugh.
If you want to see it in action go back and watch the Gillette Stadium trailer, you'll see just about everything described in the article.

# 28 SteelerSpartan @ 05/12/08 03:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBucc
I like it. Also there should be more red in that crowd. It's not called the sea of red because half the people wear white.

Yes this pisses me off too.....like If I would play the Chiefs at Heinz there would be Red all over the freaking place

Which would Never freaking happen at Heinz!

# 29 ewto16 @ 05/12/08 03:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColumbusKilled
Look at #'s 77 and 65 and you will know why this game is a no buy for a lot of us.
Agreed....also the X receiver is just standing there in both photos.

# 30 SkinsBoYee @ 05/12/08 03:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FullSail
AMEN!!! PREACH PREACH!! Although, a fully customizable user cam like they used to have or what APF had would end it.
AMEN To both of these. Why does EA always have to go with the gimmick. All I am asking for is a playable side angle or demo view camera that I can play with. Had it in every version up to 2004. Why would they take it out? Who knows. Yeah, I know...how do you play in that view. That's my business.

Make it simple EA...give us the ability to make our own camera...Demo, Side, Reverse...JUST DO IT!

# 31 mvb34 @ 05/12/08 03:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ewto16
Agreed....also the X receiver is just standing there in both photos.
Look like the X receiver ran a hook route on both play.

# 32 eDotd @ 05/12/08 04:25 PM
The grass looks very cool in those screenshots.

# 33 mvb34 @ 05/12/08 04:32 PM
Quote:
Do you have an explanation for what blocking scheme instructs the ends to stand there with their arms in the air?
No I can't..

# 34 Rawdeal28 @ 05/12/08 04:32 PM
people complain about not being able to see all ur recievers on routes, they give u a new cam and you stil b****.

smh. anyway. sounds good to me. i like it. i know my controller is gonna rumble with that new hit cam. lets go!

# 35 djordan @ 05/12/08 05:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawdeal28
people complain about not being able to see all ur recievers on routes, they give u a new cam and you stil b****.
Thats not the point my man....give us multiple camera angles to choose from and we will be cool...

The more the better....the less the mess....

# 36 ODogg @ 05/12/08 06:26 PM
Quote:
Do you have an explanation for what blocking scheme instructs the tackles to stand there with their arms in the air?
I agree it looks silly that they are standing there like a couple of damned fools with their "big ol' paws" up in the air...but I disagree with the implication from a few of you that they are standing out of place or should be doing something. As a former lineman in high school myself we were told to play our position on pass plays and that means if you're a guard you're standing there basically doing nothing if no one is around. You're not supposed to run off somewhere else in search of blocking someone on pass plays, that's rushing plays where you do that.

Now, although I only played high school ball I don't imagine that aspect would be any different for the NFL. But yeah, make an animation that looks a little less ******** than standing there like you're blocking someone with your hands up in the air.

# 37 yamabushi @ 05/12/08 06:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phins28
I do, it's called air blocking.
New for Madden 2010;

Accelerated game clock.
multiple camera angles.
Enhanced Air Blocking®.

# 38 Beezzee @ 05/12/08 06:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvb34
No I can't..
Maybe before the snap, the O-line was made to block left.

# 39 K_GUN @ 05/12/08 09:24 PM
is it me or does the QB have a new 'pose'

more upright?
ball held lower?

# 40 SageInfinite @ 05/12/08 09:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by K_GUN
is it me or does the QB have a new 'pose'

more upright?
ball held lower?
Yes sir

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.