Home
Madden 09 News Post

There has been an onslaught of previews popping up across the Net following the EA Sports press event in Vancouver last week. At the event most of EA Sports’ big hitters for this year were shown, none bigger than the behemoth that is Madden NFL 09. However, the Madden media fallout has led to a few inconsistencies in the various previews which now need to be cleared up. Operation Sports recently contacted EA Sports to hopefully clear up some of the confusion, and today Madden NFL Executive Producer Dale Jackson responded to the request.

Following the event some outlets wrote that in-game saves would be in the game this year, but Jackson said that the team was not able to include in-game saves this year.

Quote:
"We won't have in game saves this year. We hear the feedback, but we are focusing our remaining time on bug fixing, tuning, and polishing the game in the short time remaining this year. We keep a list of requests we see and will make sure this is added."

Another point of contention dealt with what was said at the press event. Madden NFL Senior Producer Phil Frazier said at one point that presentation and online leagues were the two biggest focuses for Madden 09. While that may be true, Dale Jackson wanted to clarify Mr. Frazier’s statement:

Quote:
"I also want to clarify that Game play is our number one priority this year and has a group of developers specifically devoted to it. Presentation and on-line leagues were the top 2 user requested features coming out of last year, and we wanted to make sure that we addressed them."

Operation Sports’ Executive News Editor Steve Noah attended the event in Vancouver but he doesn’t remember hearing Mr. Frazier specify if it was EA’s or the users’ number one request.

Game: Madden NFL 09Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: NDS / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 88 - View All
Madden NFL 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 ausar72 @ 05/16/08 01:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeler99
Good point ... at the end of each quarter, or even at halftime would more than suffice for me. I can pretty much always find enough time to get a half-game in. I wonder if that's something EA would look at for future games, and if having it that way versus "anytime saves" would make it easier to implement?
I agree with this.

And to take it even a step further, they should do automatic saves at he end of each quarter. That would actually be a better solution, because that way, if the game ever freezes or crashes on you you will automatically be saved at the end of the previous quarter.

So let's change our rally cry from just in-game saves to at least automatic saves...

# 82 blackngoldfan @ 05/17/08 02:09 PM
I think that's a great idea.

# 83 Hammerhunker @ 05/18/08 10:58 AM
The battlecry seems to always be: "Maybe next year!"

$60 and the utterance of the battlecry!

# 84 ODogg @ 05/18/08 01:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ausar72
I agree with this.

And to take it even a step further, they should do automatic saves at he end of each quarter. That would actually be a better solution, because that way, if the game ever freezes or crashes on you you will automatically be saved at the end of the previous quarter.

So let's change our rally cry from just in-game saves to at least automatic saves...
You'r right, that is the way to go. Because in-game saves would only be utilized if you're going to go do something so they wouldn't help if a thunderstorm caused the power to go out. I like this idea a lot better than in-game saves.

# 85 maddenps2 @ 05/18/08 04:18 PM
They "weren't able to get in game saves working" but they could get a feature where you can rewind gameplay and play it over again. I don't believe it, but if that is the case, where are ea priorities?

# 86 Scott @ 05/18/08 04:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddenps2
They "weren't able to get in game saves working" but they could get a feature where you can rewind gameplay and play it over again. I don't believe it, but if that is the case, where are ea priorities?
With casual gamers.

# 87 SageInfinite @ 05/18/08 05:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott
With casual gamers.
Casual gamers ruin everything

# 88 Rawdeal28 @ 05/18/08 06:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageTheInfinite
Casual gamers ruin everything
aint it da truth!!

# 89 turftickler @ 05/18/08 10:15 PM
In game saves was the best feature Madden NFL games ever had. I loved it and wished that 2k would have done that.

# 90 ODogg @ 05/18/08 10:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by turftickler
In game saves was the best feature Madden NFL games ever had. I loved it and wished that 2k would have done that.
heh, don't get me wrong here ...but if that's the best you can say about a game i think that game must be pretty sad indeed..

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.