Home
News Post

We have just posted some dynasty screenshots from our beta copy of NCAA Football 09. Don't forget to vote on the hype score, if you haven't already done so.

NCAA Football 09 screenshot gallery - Click to view NCAA Football 09 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NCAA Football 09Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 95 - View All
NCAA Football 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 jdrhammer @ 05/20/08 09:20 AM
Thanks a lot Steve.

# 2 callmetaternuts @ 05/20/08 09:51 AM
Looks good, same setup as last year pretty much. I did see some more ads (Coke Zero, less calories) and i saw "ESPNEWS Headline" or something, but i hope that isnt it........presentation wise.

# 3 Scott @ 05/20/08 11:03 AM
Awesome job, thanks Steve.

# 4 jbrew2411 @ 05/20/08 11:05 AM
Start up looks like last year with additions that looks great. I like the ESPN News pages and the back ground of the main screen with the picture of the Vols running on the field. I hope they have pictures like that for ever team. UGA with the Black for the Aub. game would be nice. Looks good so far. Most have used the name players option since Crompton was named Edwards or some thing like that. I can't wait I love this game year in and year out.

# 5 jpringle @ 05/20/08 11:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrew2411
Start up looks like last year with additions that looks great. I like the ESPN News pages and the back ground of the main screen with the picture of the Vols running on the field. I hope they have pictures like that for ever team. UGA with the Black for the Aub. game would be nice. Looks good so far. Most have used the name players option since Crompton was named Edwards or some thing like that. I can't wait I love this game year in and year out.
I agree. It looks like it has a more polished look. I do hope even the teams that are the low tier teams(Buffalo, Temple, etc.....)have team specific pages also. Also on the recruiting screen it had some that said "Recruiting Stragety" I think. whats that?

# 6 Da_Big_Nasty @ 05/20/08 11:36 AM
Can we PLEASE get confirmation on if you can save more than 5 videos in one game?

# 7 xedia @ 05/20/08 12:10 PM
Does this image confirm that roster sizes are still stuck at 70?

# 8 Paytonno1son @ 05/20/08 12:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
We have just posted some dynasty screenshots from our beta copy of NCAA Football 09. Don't forget to vote on the hype score, if you haven't already done so.
Awesome job, thanks for the hard work. Also, good luck on landing Kelvin Davis. Looks like he will be a stud for your squad!

# 9 otictac1 @ 05/20/08 12:34 PM
This is such a small thing, but the screen that shows the "Campus News" is cool to me because the name of the paper is "The Daily Beacon" which is the name of UT's student run newspaper. Maybe NCAA will start to have that sort of attention to detail which can only mean good things in the future.

# 10 VWarrior @ 05/20/08 01:02 PM
Dunno if this has been answered already but how smooth/fluid is the menu navigation? Is it still choppy like 08's or have they improved it?

# 11 Solidice @ 05/20/08 01:27 PM
looks like now that the Pump fake is directional now by moving the right thumb stick in any direction, they have completely removed the QB vision cone from the game.

# 12 oldman @ 05/20/08 01:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VWarrior
Dunno if this has been answered already but how smooth/fluid is the menu navigation? Is it still choppy like 08's or have they improved it?
That is something else I would like to know. Also, is the depth chart glitch for sure gone? I know people said it was earlier but now that we have this build it would be nice to know if it is for sure out of there.

Also I would like to add that I am happy to see DW Reynolds Razorback Stadium getting some love in the Top 25 Toughest Places to Play!

# 13 BSherrod @ 05/20/08 03:27 PM
Thanks for the work Steve. Some needed tweaks I see, but I think I still want a little more. I like that they have the actual school paper names, though. Can't wait to read the Crimson White about my Tide just like I do in English.

# 14 mikeveli20 @ 05/20/08 03:46 PM
Anyone else notice that a punter was the number 1 ranked recruit? Hopefully this is just a Beta issue.

# 15 Solidice @ 05/20/08 03:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeveli20
Anyone else notice that a punter was the number 1 ranked recruit? Hopefully this is just a Beta issue.
i saw it once in '08 as well.

# 16 JBH3 @ 05/20/08 04:54 PM
Aside from the ESPN news screenshots and custom soundtracks everything else look pretty much the same as last year. I don't know how good that is...

It doesn't look like anything was done to implement a staff (HC, O Coord., D Coord., S/T Coord.)...I really want to have a deeper staff, and see new coaches emerge.

The dynasty mode is kind of stupid when it comes to that because last year coaches would just switch schools, and none of them actually retired.

# 17 mikeveli20 @ 05/20/08 05:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
i saw it once in '08 as well.
Well then I'm guessing it'll be in the final build of 09 too lol. They're probably just ranking them based on their overall rating, but for punters/kickers there should be an exception. I know usually the top guys all have the same B+ rating or whatever, but there's more than likely a number rating used behind the scenes to determine what order the top prospects are.

Even if a Punter/kicker recruit has a 99 overall rating he still shouldn't be the number 1 guy in the nation. They should just make it so no punter/kickers are in the top 50 or something regardless of rating. Plus who's going to waste the recruiting time on a punter? lol. I usually go for the 3 star kickers when I'm recruiting. Maybe 4 if they're really interested in me and I don't have to spend a lot of time with them.

# 18 Solidice @ 05/20/08 05:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeveli20
Well then I'm guessing it'll be in the final build of 09 too lol. They're probably just ranking them based on their overall rating, but for punters/kickers there should be an exception. I know usually the top guys all have the same B+ rating or whatever, but there's more than likely a number rating used behind the scenes to determine what order the top prospects are.

Even if a Punter/kicker recruit has a 99 overall rating he still shouldn't be the number 1 guy in the nation. They should just make it so no punter/kickers are in the top 50 or something regardless of rating. Plus who's going to waste the recruiting time on a punter? lol. I usually go for the 3 star kickers when I'm recruiting. Maybe 4 if they're really interested in me and I don't have to spend a lot of time with them.
lol, yea . i normally dont even look at the * rating or overall rating for P/K on '08. only the Kick Power rating as thats really the only thing that matters(if that). i did try to recruit him(only had to replace 8-9 people that graduated), but didn't get him. i did get a 4* P that turned out to have a 86 rating in speed. good for punt/kickoff coverage i guess. lol

# 19 countryboy @ 05/20/08 05:52 PM
First of all, welcome back Steve. Hope that you and your family are doing well and hanging in there.

Thanks for the pics. It looks more/less the same as last year which isn't a bad thing. Really looking forward to July.

# 20 Complex @ 05/22/08 10:49 AM
Not sure if I am seeing anything new here.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.