Home
Madden 09 News Post

We have just posted a pretty in depth Madden 09 Comparison Video. The video focuses on areas of the game that have been improved since Madden 08 such as environments, weather effects and player models.

Madden NFL 09 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 09 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Madden NFL 09Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: NDS / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 88 - View All
Madden NFL 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 BrianFifaFan @ 05/24/08 05:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrikan
you know..... it seems... EA has caught on to how important of a place OperationSports is, because it seems there are alot more viral marketers or maybe (god forbid) just extreme blind fanboys who are posting here now.....

did someone say on the first page that, by judging from this comparison video, that Madden 09 looks better than MLB The Show.....WTF....people are entitled to their opinions...but come on.......

ah here it is....
"...MAdden now is the best looking sports game on next gen above the show..."

my personal opinion....so far from all the videos...

its sad for me to say that I have just noticed something...

as far as graphics....
after watching all of these Madden 09 videos..... Madden 08 doesn't look so bad now
and this is the EXACT same thing I said last year after playing Madden 08 (..."u know, Madden 07 looked pretty good compared to this).....

what does that tell you.....please spare me the sarcastic replies....

when I talk about graphics I mainly mean lighting and player detail..... Madden 09 player models look more realistic than past maddens....but seem less detailed....

same thing with the Lighting....so far from the videos...it seems the lighting has a more colorful look to it, like PS2/xbox Madden 05/06/07 compared to PS2/xbox Madden 02/03/04 (IMO looked better)....

but so far, to my taste, Madden 09 overall doesn't look more realistic compared to the Past few Maddens of Next Gen.....sure more colorful...but I don't know if that was needed...

It just doesn't look as realistic as before...seems more cartoony...but that just might be the art direction EA/Tiburon wants to go from now on.... they made this transition before with their Triple Play series as well as Fifa.....

ok now, before some just look at me as Mr. Negative... things I REALLY liked from the videos...
Snow seems to look alot better... I doubt I'll play too many snow games...but at least I know that when I play a game in my season that involves snow...I'll be exited because it looks way more realistic.....

and more importantly... I LOVE the new "Character Grounding with Foot-plant" video... WAY more realistic and just seems it is going to be sooo fun running the ball this year...
http://www.easports.com/madden09/ful...=footplant_vid

in the end, as much as I HATE the whole Exclusive NFL contract situation.... I have always had FUN playing Madden games..... sure there is Frustration every now and then....but I still have fun... I was just playing my younger brother Last night and I remembered how fun Madden 08 was... there were moments like my brother's player stepped out of bounce and came back and caught the ball and got a KEY 1st down ( I tried to challenge...and of course the play stood..and I followed with "F@#$#$ing EA GOD DAMNIT") I still won the game though...

I love the on-the-fly playmaker (hot routes) and just the overall control options in Madden games....the thing is though...

I just feel cheated this Gen...as far as Football games are concerned... I just feel during this PS3/360 era we are going to miss what MADDEN and other football titles could have been on these NEXT Gen consoles.....if there was competition....

I blame 5% of this on EA.....and F'n 95% of this on the F'n NFL.... >
I see what you're saying to a point. Over the last few weeks I've gone from cynical critic to darn near fanboy. Why? Ian had a lot to do with it. Now, because of him we know what's not in the game and what is. And also how he feels about what isn't there. I've made my peace about Gang Tackling and OL/DL interaction. They aren't there but are on the radar. So now I'm focusing on what IS there. And what has been fixed/improved. Continuing to complain about the other is a TOTAL waste of time. All I can really do about it is not buy the game, if I'm that bothered. As to the graphics, to me the models do look and move tons better than 08,07 or 06. 07 actually had the best models IMO but they moved like apes. I'm really loving 09 because the whole graphics package reminds me of Fifa08. Same textures and type of body models. And that is my favorite game of all. So when I see the simularities it evokes a very positive response. And actually the more I watch the vids I can see all kinds of Fifa influence on this game. Once again, positive response. But they now have a guy who was part of that whole building of Fifa-NHL-NBA Street deal up at EAC. And I can see how he's already improved the game in ONE development cycle. What can be done in 2!!!!?????

And then it seems that Ian is talking my language about what's right and wrong with Madden this gen. He has a vision that mirrors my own. And he is willing to come here and take input? I'm sold on him, which means I'm willing to support his vision. Enthusiastically. He isn't selling us what there isn't, but is showing us what there is. And what's even funnier, is that they are putting out vids based on topics we're discussing at this time. It is really cool to have him say on the board that I'm gonna show you about our tackling and then the next day there's a blog about it and vids, BASED on the interaction with the community. Not some PR marketing plan. And now the logos on the helmets are getting fixed before ship? Good stuff.

There are any number of people who still aren't swayed or mad that certain issues didn't get fixed. And there are guys like you who are in between/ on the fence. But the reason that there is a growing sense of hope and excitement on this board is based on Ian coming here and not only answering our concerns/questions but also acting on what he can at this late date. Unless a person is a blind EA ***** or jaded to the point of no return, that is special. And gives hope that 2010 can be a Madden like none other.....

Maybe the NFL, in spite of themselves, didn't do such a bad thing afterall.

# 42 Rawdeal28 @ 05/24/08 06:03 AM
i agree that 08 player models are not that bad actually but 09 does look better. and i think the lighting has alot to do with it. the lighting for 09 is just so damn good and more detailed, it just makes 08 look somewhat "stale". 09 looks more organic.

time to request the august 12 and 13th off.

# 43 BrianFifaFan @ 05/24/08 06:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawdeal28
i agree that 08 player models are not that bad actually but 09 does look better. and i think the lighting has alot to do with it. the lighting for 09 is just so damn good and more detailed, it just makes 08 look somewhat "stale". 09 looks more organic.

time to request the august 12 and 13th off.
I agree about the lighting. Side by side, 08 looks like a static portrait with no life to it. 09 looks like a movie. Actually the little zoom from the huddle on the vids to the Madden cam helps the whole atmosphere,too. There's just a lot of little graphical touches that add to the realism. And the slight upgrades to the player models (more rounded, softer textures, more realistic muscles) just add. It wasn't that 08 was bad. It's just 08 wasn't quite "right." You put it best. 09 just looks more "organic."

# 44 Rawdeal28 @ 05/24/08 06:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Briankingsfan
I see what you're saying to a point. Over the last few weeks I've gone from cynical critic to darn near fanboy. Why? Ian had a lot to do with it. Now, because of him we know what's not in the game and what is. And also how he feels about what isn't there. I've made my peace about Gang Tackling and OL/DL interaction. They aren't there but are on the radar. So now I'm focusing on what IS there. And what has been fixed/improved. Continuing to complain about the other is a TOTAL waste of time. All I can really do about it is not buy the game, if I'm that bothered. As to the graphics, to me the models do look and move tons better than 08,07 or 06. 07 actually had the best models IMO but they moved like apes. I'm really loving 09 because the whole graphics package reminds me of Fifa08. Same textures and type of body models. And that is my favorite game of all. So when I see the simularities it evokes a very positive response. And actually the more I watch the vids I can see all kinds of Fifa influence on this game. Once again, positive response. But they now have a guy who was part of that whole building of Fifa-NHL-NBA Street deal up at EAC. And I can see how he's already improved the game in ONE development cycle. What can be done in 2!!!!?????

And then it seems that Ian is talking my language about what's right and wrong with Madden this gen. He has a vision that mirrors my own. And he is willing to come here and take input? I'm sold on him, which means I'm willing to support his vision. Enthusiastically. He isn't selling us what there isn't, but is showing us what there is. And what's even funnier, is that they are putting out vids based on topics we're discussing at this time. It is really cool to have him say on the board that I'm gonna show you about our tackling and then the next day there's a blog about it and vids, BASED on the interaction with the community. Not some PR marketing plan. And now the logos on the helmets are getting fixed before ship? Good stuff.

There are any number of people who still aren't swayed or mad that certain issues didn't get fixed. And there are guys like you who are in between/ on the fence. But the reason that there is a growing sense of hope and excitement on this board is based on Ian coming here and not only answering our concerns/questions but also acting on what he can at this late date. Unless a person is a blind EA ***** or jaded to the point of no return, that is special. And gives hope that 2010 can be a Madden like none other.....

Maybe the NFL, in spite of themselves, didn't do such a bad thing afterall.
you have finally seen the light! welcome my friend! lol

# 45 Vikes1 @ 05/24/08 12:14 PM
The more I watch this comparison video, the better '09' looks. I guess in my own words I'd say '08' looks "plastic". Whereas '09' just simply looks more lifelike.

# 46 whosgotcha @ 05/24/08 05:56 PM
Well, its looking good. now what about the rest. I am glad they brought back T.V. broadcast style. But...we will see

# 47 countryboy @ 05/24/08 06:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcxiv
I like the Grass.
me to..

# 48 slickdtc @ 05/24/08 11:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
me to..

I'm not much into Madden anymore, but watching this comparison video didn't get me excited at all. A lot of the shots looked very much the same, if not worse, then the previous year shots. Just my opinion.

# 49 Scott @ 05/24/08 11:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by slickdtc

I'm not much into Madden anymore, but watching this comparison video didn't get me excited at all. A lot of the shots looked very much the same, if not worse, then the previous year shots. Just my opinion.
You may wanna check out the blog videos though.

« Previous 123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.