Home
Madden 09 News Post

Pasta Padre has posted his hands-on Madden NFL 09 impressions.

Quote:
"The pass defense does a great job defending the deep ball, and more so specifically the “jump” catches. Those spectacular catches from last year and the ones where a receiver sets and jumps straight up are usually negated by the defensive back swatting the ball, picking it off, or jarring the ball loose with a hit. The DB’s get high into the air to make plays and keep good position. Despite that I was able to complete a couple deep balls over the top when the receiver had a step or two advantage. It felt very fair when a deep pass was completed and I didn’t feel cheated one way or the other. Something neat is you’ll see the QB really get into a deep throw, lean back and throw it up higher than we have been used to. Looks much more natural in getting the power behind it and requires the QB have the time to do it."

Game: Madden NFL 09Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: NDS / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 88 - View All
Madden NFL 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 SteelerSpartan @ 05/31/08 02:21 AM
Ah good stuff, Im much more optimistic about Madden then I am NCAA this year...surprisingly

Outside of the big flaws that everybody always talks about....the only thing really eating at me is the staleness of Hammond

and Hopefully with more input from us for Ian, 2010 will be something special

# 2 Village Idiot @ 05/31/08 03:23 AM
Wow, good stuff is right. I haven't bought Madden since 2004. This might be the year.

# 3 maddenps2 @ 05/31/08 04:58 AM
I'm curious read pasta's Madden NFL 09 impressions. Because each year it seems we get a positive report and people get excited. The game comes out and after playing it more extensively we see all that excitement turn to dissapointment.

# 4 ChicagoChris @ 05/31/08 07:25 AM
When he says "no editing of depth charts" i am praying he means in superstar mode...that would be bad if they took that out this year.

# 5 countryboy @ 05/31/08 08:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddenps2
I'm curious read pasta's Madden NFL 09 impressions. Because each year it seems we get a positive report and people get excited. The game comes out and after playing it more extensively we see all that excitement turn to dissapointment.
debbie downer.

# 6 countryboy @ 05/31/08 08:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackngoldfan
thanks for the link blackngoldfan.

Very pleased with the review. I am disappointed that 50+ yard field goals are still "chip shots". Hopefully the FGL slider will fix this. Also, he mentioned that on All-Madden, there seemed to be no opportunity for a big play with the running game. I would like to know exactly what he means. He mentioned that RB's were getting on average 4 yards a carry so it doesn't seem as though All-Madden is impossible to run on.

# 7 DGuinta1 @ 05/31/08 09:03 AM
Very good read and of course the Cowboys passing d getting burn is true to form.

# 8 Nza @ 05/31/08 09:08 AM
Anyone else notice in his Madden IQ video that there seems to be a bug with CB bump and run? as soon as they bump the WR they run sharply towards the sideline leaving their man wide-freaking-open.

# 9 ODogg @ 05/31/08 09:15 AM
No depth chart editing??? WTH? You have got to be kidding me. Surely he don't mean for the regular game's depth chart is uneditable. That would be a shamockery of sports videogame football if it's true.

# 10 JagerMichael @ 05/31/08 09:41 AM
The two topics of depth charts he mentioned was that you cannot edit them in Superstar mode and you cannot use an offline depth chart in online mode. Meaning you have to set your depth chart for online once you're in your match.

# 11 countryboy @ 05/31/08 10:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JagerMichael
The two topics of depth charts he mentioned was that you cannot edit them in Superstar mode and you cannot use an offline depth chart in online mode. Meaning you have to set your depth chart for online once you're in your match.

# 12 EWRMETS @ 05/31/08 10:27 AM
Don't know if I like that they added Tyree's catch. That never happens.

# 13 cdon2k @ 05/31/08 10:27 AM
Hey, lets not gloss over the CB bump and run bug that guy mentioned.... going back to watch the video again....

# 14 cdon2k @ 05/31/08 10:29 AM
It was Nza who mentioned it on the 1st page of this thread....

# 15 countryboy @ 05/31/08 10:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EWRMETS
Don't know if I like that they added Tyree's catch. That never happens.

Yep. EA made this one up. Its not like it happened in the Super Bowl or anything.

# 16 countryboy @ 05/31/08 10:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdon2k
Hey, lets not gloss over the CB bump and run bug that guy mentioned.... going back to watch the video again....
if its only in the Madden IQ session only, then I can really careless.

# 17 Nza @ 05/31/08 10:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
if its only in the Madden IQ session only, then I can really careless.
Well, logic suggests to me the AI is probably the same in IQ and in-game - would kinda defeat its purpose otherwise. Plus even if it just is in IQ, a bug like that could make IQ useless as it would be easy to go well in the passing drills hence upping the passing game difficulty when it shouldn't be.

# 18 countryboy @ 05/31/08 10:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nza
Well, logic suggests to me the AI is probably the same in IQ and in-game - would kinda defeat its purpose otherwise. Plus even if it just is in IQ, a bug like that could make IQ useless as it would be easy to go well in the passing drills hence upping the passing game difficulty when it shouldn't be.
true. I won't use the Madden IQ is why I said what I did.

# 19 SoxFan01605 @ 05/31/08 10:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
true. I won't use the Madden IQ is why I said what I did.
Yeah, I don't plan on using it either. I'll probably check it out, just to see how well it functions, but I know I'll end up tweaking the gameplay myself (or using a slider set people here find particularly good).

# 20 countryboy @ 05/31/08 11:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
Yeah, I don't plan on using it either. I'll probably check it out, just to see how well it functions, but I know I'll end up tweaking the gameplay myself (or using a slider set people here find particularly good).
same here, although I rarely adjust sliders. May have to adjust the kickoff power and FG length sliders though.

« Previous12345Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.