Home
News Post

We found out over the weekend that my stepson is graduating. It's a shock to us, as we figured he'd be in summer school or repeating. It's been a long, long year for us with him, hopefully he changes his ways.

Did some yard work and rode the motorcycle over the weekend, other than that, nothing too interesting. Got some boots and can now place my feet flatfooted on the pavement, instead of tippy toeing. Love it!

What's up with you?
  • QOTD: How was your weekend?
Happy Birthday to the following OS'ers!

stench96 (45), sweettouch (29), trublud0dger1988 (28), ESPNdeportes (26), HOGGER (24), jason.jason (21), The C (21)

Member Comments
# 1 callmetaternuts @ 06/02/08 08:59 AM
QOTD: Weekend was good. Party for fiancee (birthday) on Saturday with family and friends at the house. Sunday was recovery day. Less than 2 weeks till wedding

# 2 boomhauertjs @ 06/02/08 09:08 AM
Sorry about the Pistons Steve. I think they haven't been the same since their "heart and soul" Ben Wallace left. The Cavs will gladly send him back to Detroit.

QOTD: Pretty good weekend. Went to eye doctor on Saturday then saw my cousin's new house and visited my parents. Played about 5 hours straight of GTA IV on Saturday (haven't played one game that much in a long time). After my wife's teaching certification test, we hung out on our porch with some friends, which led to a small Rock Band session. Yesterday re-painted all of our porch furniture - definitely looks much better.

# 3 Steve_OS @ 06/02/08 09:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boomhauertjs
Sorry about the Pistons Steve. I think they haven't been the same since their "heart and soul" Ben Wallace left. The Cavs will gladly send him back to Detroit.

QOTD: Pretty good weekend. Went to eye doctor on Saturday then saw my cousin's new house and visited my parents. Played about 5 hours straight of GTA IV on Saturday (haven't played one game that much in a long time). After my wife's teaching certification test, we hung out on our porch with some friends, which led to a small Rock Band session. Yesterday re-painted all of our porch furniture - definitely looks much better.
Yea, I didn't even want to mention them. Ben hasn't been the same since he left Detroit either. Oh well, it was a good run, it will be interesting to see what Dumars does in the offseason.

# 4 Cletus @ 06/02/08 09:44 AM
Congrats to you and your stepson for graduating. I had to go to summer school to graduate because I had a few problems (nothing major, I never got in trouble) with some teachers. The teacher that I had to go to summer school for told my mom "if you would have baked me a cake he would have passed."

My weekend was alright. Saturday I had to be up at 2:30 AM to take my roommate to get Lasik done then worked 12 to close, so that was hectic. Yesterday I lounged around and played the show quite a bit.

# 5 Scott @ 06/02/08 10:17 AM
QOTD: Weekend was good, got alot of stuff done...

# 6 SPTO @ 06/02/08 10:29 AM
QOTD: Saturday was pretty good. I actually had a good time with my family and especially my sister and her bf. It's rare for me to be having conversations and just hanging out with her so that was a rare treat for me.

Sunday I caught up on my sleep that I didn't get much of all week long and more or less slept all day and night.

# 7 boomhauertjs @ 06/02/08 11:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
the Jimmy Fund (do people outside of the Northeast know what that is?)
It's been mentioned a lot on Boston Sports News, err, ESPN.

# 8 SPTO @ 06/02/08 11:48 AM
I've known about the Jimmy Fund since 1995

That's what happens when you pay attention to commentary during baseball games

# 9 mgoblue @ 06/02/08 12:07 PM
I had a good weekend. At least the Wings are up 3-1 in the Stanley Cup Finals, but bye bye Pistons.

Just a hectic end of the weekend (and today, but it's all good stuff), and then I'm going to my friend's wedding in Houston this coming weekend.

# 10 Herky @ 06/02/08 12:09 PM
QOTD: Weekend was very fun and relaxing, and I didn't even leave the house. My girl went to her sister's for the weekend so I was baching it. Sports, grilling, and beer was the theme of the weekend.

Friday: Watched that amazing Cubs/Rockies game. Almost shut it off in the 4th inning, but kept it on and was glad I didn't. Unreal comeback. Grilled after the game, smoked a cigar, and then watched my Celtics beat the Pistons while downing some beers. What a great day of sports for me. I celebrated with more beers...lol

Saturday: Watched the red hot Cubbies win again...grilled out again...drank beer again, and watched the Elite XC fight.

Sunday: Cubs win again! 7-0 homestand! Played some Madden 08. Girlfriend gets back just in time to watch the WEC fights on Vs.

One of the best weekends sports-wise I've ever enjoyed.

# 11 fishepa @ 06/02/08 12:20 PM
QOTD: Yardwork and a cookout. Yipee.

# 12 PVarck31 @ 06/02/08 05:02 PM
Did anyone get that firefox NES add on working. It installed but now I don't know what to do.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.