Home
News Post

We have just posted the first NBA Live 09 screenshots. More Live 09 news coming soon.

NBA Live 09 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA Live 09 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NBA Live 09Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Xbox 360Votes for game: 38 - View All
NBA Live 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 stmark @ 06/04/08 03:10 PM
the faces are a little better other than that it looks the same..........no one cares any way live sucks

# 2 ewto16 @ 06/04/08 03:24 PM
Agreed...Live sucks. Also the cloths physics look off in those photos. The jerseys look like they stretch.

# 3 buttons0662 @ 06/04/08 03:45 PM
LoL ... LIVE SUCKS!!!!! ... And the reason LIVE sucks has nothing to do with the way the game "Looks" The gameplay SUCKs ... EA needs to release some gameplay "Videos" if they want anyone but ,stupid parents that buy games for their kids without knowing what a good game is, to buy this game. If NOT they will just wait until 2010 when LIVE will be the ONLY Basketball video game option ... PLEASE 2K put in CREATE A Draft Class in 2K9 so I won't be forced to buy that crap.

Buttons

# 4 Pared @ 06/04/08 03:48 PM
The lighting and shadows are certainly improved. The screenshots don't really reveal much. If the graphics are very similar to last year (I see the player models didn't get improved so far) then I would hope the animation is improved as well.

# 5 Marc_Rez @ 06/04/08 03:50 PM
Damn I was hoping to see a change this year but the player models still look the same so therefore the gameplay is probably the same! Damn NBA Live 09 is gonna suck again!

# 6 Pared @ 06/04/08 03:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by buttons0662
LoL ... LIVE SUCKS!!!!! ... And the reason LIVE sucks has nothing to do with the way the game "Looks" The gameplay SUCKs ... EA needs to release some gameplay "Videos" if they want anyone but ,stupid parents that buy games for their kids without knowing what a good game is, to buy this game. If NOT they will just wait until 2010 when LIVE will be the ONLY Basketball video game option ... PLEASE 2K put in CREATE A Draft Class in 2K9 so I won't be forced to buy that crap.

Buttons
Posts like these are a good example of what NOT to do in a thread like this.

If anyone feels that strongly about the game, then spend your time in a positive manner and post how the game can be improved in the "What do you want to know?" thread. The developers will be told your comments and hopefully will respond.

But if this is all anyone has to offer then don't complain when you still have issues with any basketball game you play. Be part of the solution, not part of the problem.

# 7 trobinson97 @ 06/04/08 03:55 PM
Gameplay over pretty stills. We'll see what game play videos show us.

# 8 Marc_Rez @ 06/04/08 04:03 PM
Don't get me wrong I like a lot of things about NBA Live but the gameplay is very poor! Playing NBA Live does not give me a true simulation feeling unlike 2K Basketball games. I don't see plays being run at all, the lay-ups are weak and there's not a lot, the dunk animations are A to C and not A to B to C! I have a strong feeling that NBA Live 09 will have the same crappy gameplay this year. Their presentation is phenomenal and other little things here and there but come on Live you guys need to step it up. I am not a NBA 2K fan boy because I love basketball game period, I own all 3 Basketball games but I just play 2K a lot more because it has a true sim feel to it when I play.

# 9 myownsun @ 06/04/08 04:09 PM
It looks good enough but i need to see gameplay footage and hear about new features plus glitch/bug fixes

# 10 chia @ 06/04/08 04:09 PM
Screens look great... really great

The gameplay improvements will probably be there too, I really liked last years game and I enjoyed it alot. Certain problems are there and I hope they are addressing them

IF not... Ill still buy it, it was a LOT of fun

# 11 eDotd @ 06/04/08 04:16 PM
LMAO @ the look on Gasol's face..dude is on a mission

Screens look great, as they do every year. Couple nitpicks...the stretching of the numbers on the jerseys looks a bit weird and Garnett still looks like Clyde Drexler but other than that it looks pretty good. Will definitely be holding off until some game play vids drop though..

# 12 Scott @ 06/04/08 04:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash Davis
This game looks like ***, Im glad im not HUGE into basketball, still kinda sux though, how do some of the developers still have jobs?
No need to bash the game...especially when its in early development and we haven't even seen any videos.

# 13 SageInfinite @ 06/04/08 04:27 PM
I like the Gasol screenshot, other than that more garbage.

# 14 buttons0662 @ 06/04/08 04:46 PM
LMAO ... Hey that was my Comment that Mr. Pared quoted as what NOT to say ... I feel SPECIAL .... Anyway He is right ... all I seem to be reading is Angry comments ... The Game Looks BEAUTIFUL ... All the grown ups here remember "DOUBLE DRIBBLE" ... the 2 or 3 Dunks that game had (CUT to Black & White Slo-Mo ... Loved It) ... EVERY Player looking the same and that game is a CLASSIC and truth be told Double Dribble compared to LIVE ... there is NO Comparison. So I apologize for being critical ... its just that I grew up EA ... Bleed EA ... argued Day in and Day out Live was the GREATEST!!! It just baffles the mind that its been so long since I could say that without know its just the EA Fan Boy in me. So PLEASE EA ... ignore the anger / hate and Be the BEST you should be … And to do that KNOW you will have to change some things. (GAMEPLAY!!!!)

Buttons

# 15 Bucksin06 @ 06/04/08 05:06 PM
-looks like they didn't fix the player models
- the jersey streching looks dumb
- look at the jersey collar on that gasol screenshot..wtf??

# 16 chia @ 06/04/08 05:17 PM
It's fairly pathetic that some people get so caught up in video games that they lash out and cry in public like buttons did up there.

sad man... pretty sad

# 17 Scott @ 06/04/08 05:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deepen03
this is enough of this nba live B.S. Every single year. Thats why i've been getting NBA 2K ever since 2k2.

EAsports is a disgrace and 2k9 is gonna destroy it again like it has for the last 6 years. LMFAO. These screens have looked the same since NBA Live 06.
Whats the point in saying anything then if you're just gonna bash the game? Some people happen to like Live.

# 18 Stumbleweed @ 06/04/08 05:57 PM
Yeah, that stretching makes Kobe's jersey look totally messed-up. Pau is Satan, apparently.

But yeah, these are obviously early shots and I'll definitely be giving this game the benefit of the doubt now that Mike Wang in involved... The motion and animation was my main issue with Live, so these do nothing to quell that fear. But yeah, some of the faces (Pau) look nice.

# 19 wbranson1 @ 06/04/08 06:55 PM
shots look nice but thats already expected after seeing last years graphics.... the jersey stretching does look bad... but this is probably a early build... im more concerned with motion and animations like ''stumble'' posted above!

# 20 BiggD @ 06/04/08 07:00 PM
Don't understand why people post "Live 09 is gonna suck" its a few screen shots for gods sake!!! look at the first lot of pics 2k8 came out with... it looked like CP3 was a wax figure.. lets see some videos, you can tell EA did this because the 2k9 cover is coming out tomorrow

« Previous1234Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.