Home
News Post

GameSpot has posted a trailer of NHL 09.

Game: NHL 09Reader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 47 - View All
NHL 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 bad_philanthropy @ 06/06/08 04:14 PM
Not really impressed by the trailer. I'm not sure how much that represents the current build or what NHL 09 will eventually be like but they definitely needs to work on the animations for player interactions.

# 2 ianlast @ 06/06/08 04:36 PM
Player builds and animations look almost the same as 08, IMO...which isn't such a bad thing.

The one thing I really like from the trailer; it looks like in 09 you will be able to play real dump-and-chase, and that you will actually be able to place soft dump-ins in the corner. This is a big step up from 08, where dump-and-chase was limited to ringing the puck around the end boards.

The only thing that is bothering me about the trailer is the checking animations...it still looks like they've got the same canned checking animations as in 08 (ie the dreaded "suction hip-check).

# 3 metallidevils @ 06/06/08 06:41 PM
I agree - somewhat underwhelming.

# 4 mdgoalie37 @ 06/06/08 09:36 PM
I did like the walk down the tunnel to the ice, it looked pretty cool. Also being able to move your stick on defense is a nice addition.

Hopefully we get an EA guy here like we do on the Football boards.

# 5 Scott @ 06/06/08 09:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdgoalie37
I did like the walk down the tunnel to the ice, it looked pretty cool. Also being able to move your stick on defense is a nice addition.

Hopefully we get an EA guy here like we do on the Football boards.
I'm thinking that'll be pretty likely, we currently have reps from Madden, NCAA Football, NBA2K, MLB The Show, MLB 2k8...

# 6 mdgoalie37 @ 06/06/08 09:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott
I'm thinking that'll be pretty likely, we currently have reps from Madden, NCAA Football, NBA2K, MLB The Show, MLB 2k8...
I hope so, the game was so good last year and with just a few tweaks the gameplay would be an A+, then they can really look at presentation and such.

# 7 Lubey @ 06/06/08 10:29 PM
Dump and chase would be great. I was playing 08 the other day, and got frustrated when my players wouldn't forecheck at all. That's pretty much the primary offense for some grinding teams.

I just hope they improve the defense.

# 8 bucs44 @ 06/07/08 12:07 AM
I really hope they make the PS3 version control good this time...Nhl09 needs some more presentation/highlights/stats and more weightyness to the players. The hitting needs improved and should be physics based. I remember Nhl98/99/2000 PC had really good realistic hitting/the boards and glass shake. The sounds/atmosphere were great ..hear pads, sticks, glass and stadium chants. They could add some sea of white for the play-offs like PENS fans with towels.

# 9 Shockgeez04 @ 06/07/08 01:21 AM
only positive thing I can take from the trailer is that there's no way they put dion phaneuf on the cover the didn't overhaul the checking and board play despite what the video shows

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.