Home
News Post

The following websites has posted updates for NHL 09:
  • NHL 09 Preview (PS3 - 1up)

Quote:
    "Defense appears to have the most improvement, though, with players getting two new tricks in their arsenal. First, you can now sweep check -- a seemingly great way to cut down passing lanes."
  • NHL 09 First Look (360 - IGN)

Quote:
    "The biggest addition that we were shown during our visit to EA's Vancouver studio is the defensive skill stick. NHL 08 introduced the right stick as a means to deke, pass and shoot."

Game: NHL 09Reader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 47 - View All
NHL 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Bluebuds @ 06/11/08 02:38 AM
- I like the sound of Trade-Enabled online Leagues

- Goalies have over 100 new animations (some of which are desperation saves)

I like the sound of desperation saves, but there was really no need for them last year, because the goalies get across and back into net way to quickly.

# 2 Lubey @ 06/11/08 02:52 AM
Quote:
To end our viewing of NHL 09 EA did have one little carrot to dangle in front of our face saying, "there's an online feature in this year's game that has never been seen in a sports game before." And they left it at that, much to our dismay.
Well, now we know it's online, and it's never been done in not only hockey games, but sports games in general.

# 3 mdgoalie37 @ 06/11/08 09:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebuds
- I like the sound of Trade-Enabled online Leagues

- Goalies have over 100 new animations (some of which are desperation saves)

I like the sound of desperation saves, but there was really no need for them last year, because the goalies get across and back into net way to quickly.
Agreed, hopefully this means that sometimes the goalies will be diving across the crease as opposed to pushing off and being in perfect form and position all the time.

# 4 Money99 @ 06/11/08 10:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lubey
Well, now we know it's online, and it's never been done in not only hockey games, but sports games in general.
Yup. So it's not online leagues as that's been done before.

I have no idea what this could be, but I'm very intrigued.

# 5 statnut @ 06/11/08 12:51 PM
Oh man, Be A Pro sounds like a lot of fun.

# 6 FlyingFinn @ 06/11/08 01:17 PM
How about a "Be a Pro" league?

# 7 RedRooster @ 06/11/08 03:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingFinn
How about a "Be a Pro" league?
I like the sound of that!!
Or possibly online shiney where 12 people join a lobby with their "Be A Pro" player, and two captains pick their teams from whose there.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.