Home
News Post

The NCAA Football 09 demo is available. Let us know what you think.

NCAA Football 09 screenshot gallery - Click to view NCAA Football 09 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NCAA Football 09Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 95 - View All
NCAA Football 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 161 Solidice @ 06/19/08 01:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
On this fourth down bug... can I get some more info on it? Were you super simming? I never heard this, but it sounds common since more than 2 of you have already heard it.
i haven't noticed that bug yet, but one time i threw an incomplete pass, and corso said something like the QB was smart to pull the ball down and run with it. that was a little strange.

# 162 davin @ 06/19/08 01:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
well the demo has LSU rated 99 overall, 99 offense, 93 Defense
according to the team ratings that was release on EA's site, LSU is 91 overall, 88 offense, 96 defense.

OSU is 99 overall, 99 offense, 97 defense. but the Ea site has them at 99's across the board

unless the demo is using an older version of the roster or they were modified. or maybe since there are only 2 teams the team ratings changed?
From what I have seen from OSU's side at least, the rosters are now more accurate. OSU's FB seen in earlier vids is a career injury who to my knowledge never played a single snap in his career. The defensive line was also fixed as one player had a mysterious rise up the depth chart (from #3/4 to #1), and that was fixed. I don't know the deal with LSU, but OSU's roster is now much more accurate.

# 163 Perfect Zero @ 06/19/08 01:44 PM
OK, so I just got done with three games on the demo, and I now intend to buy the game when it hits store shelves. This will be my first NCAA since 06, and will be a totally new experience for be. Therefore, let it be known that I am comparing things to a game from three years ago.

So, I won two and lost one (OSU won all three). First, I think that this game has become a graphic powerhouse when it comes to the scenes and such. I also think that the gameplay is a bit too clunky, but that's off of my own view. So, to break down what I see, here's the good, the bad, and the outlook.

The Good

1) Again, amazing graphics. The uniforms are wonderfully done, as well as the grass textures and the fans in the seats. It really pulls you into a college atmosphere, and you can see how well they tried to make this game amazing on this end. The sunset is well done, and brings vivid shades of yellow upon the OSU fans.

2) I love the new coaching mode when it comes to a timeout. In fact, coming from the latter games, I would use two of my time outs in the first quarter to promote better blocking and getting open. It worked well, but not the point to which I knew the computer was giving it to me.

3) The animations on this game are very well done. Of course, there are room for improvements, but this game does not jump around too much while providing a good mixture of cheerleader shots and celebrations. This is a part that wasn't really lacking too much before, but certainly is a welcome change.

The Bad

1) *sigh* It looks like our fears of the computer offense being too fast is true. Listen, I don't like taking until the end of a play on first down to get the ball running, but I think that the offense is way too fast setting up on the other end. I don't know why they decided to change this, but it's not a good choice.

2) Did somebody forget to wake up the band? Listen, I know gas prices are bad these days, but you think they could take the bus to their own stadium to play. I love College Football for the atmosphere, and graphically this game has it. Sound wise, it sounds like custom stadium music is a must if you want any sort of sound other than the fans.

3) I REALLY hope this is not the final version, because I saw too many glitches for my liking. I remember very well on one play where a lineman jumped the snap too soon, wasn't called for it, and then separated my quarterbacks brain from his body. On two separate occasions, there was a glitch with the clock running down, but the play calling screen not coming up. It didn't result in penalties, but this was very awkward for a game coming out in a month.

The Outlook

Of course, we only get to play this version without online dynasties, offline dynasties, custom music, and an entire list of other goodies, but this game looks to be only slightly improved from the other versions. Then again, we have not seen the other good stuff coming our way, so I remain optimistic. Based on the demo alone, I would stick to 08, but with this game coming with much more, I think the jump to 09 will be simply easy.

# 164 Hassan Darkside @ 06/19/08 01:48 PM
I've seen a couple glitches where the QB drops back and when he "sets" his feet, his legs are still going in the drop back motion except that he's not moving at all.

# 165 PVarck31 @ 06/19/08 01:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfect Zero
OK, so I just got done with three games on the demo, and I now intend to buy the game when it hits store shelves. This will be my first NCAA since 06, and will be a totally new experience for be. Therefore, let it be known that I am comparing things to a game from three years ago.

So, I won two and lost one (OSU won all three). First, I think that this game has become a graphic powerhouse when it comes to the scenes and such. I also think that the gameplay is a bit too clunky, but that's off of my own view. So, to break down what I see, here's the good, the bad, and the outlook.

The Good

1) Again, amazing graphics. The uniforms are wonderfully done, as well as the grass textures and the fans in the seats. It really pulls you into a college atmosphere, and you can see how well they tried to make this game amazing on this end. The sunset is well done, and brings vivid shades of yellow upon the OSU fans.

2) I love the new coaching mode when it comes to a timeout. In fact, coming from the latter games, I would use two of my time outs in the first quarter to promote better blocking and getting open. It worked well, but not the point to which I knew the computer was giving it to me.

3) The animations on this game are very well done. Of course, there are room for improvements, but this game does not jump around too much while providing a good mixture of cheerleader shots and celebrations. This is a part that wasn't really lacking too much before, but certainly is a welcome change.

The Bad

1) *sigh* It looks like our fears of the computer offense being too fast is true. Listen, I don't like taking until the end of a play on first down to get the ball running, but I think that the offense is way too fast setting up on the other end. I don't know why they decided to change this, but it's not a good choice.

2) Did somebody forget to wake up the band? Listen, I know gas prices are bad these days, but you think they could take the bus to their own stadium to play. I love College Football for the atmosphere, and graphically this game has it. Sound wise, it sounds like custom stadium music is a must if you want any sort of sound other than the fans.

3) I REALLY hope this is not the final version, because I saw too many glitches for my liking. I remember very well on one play where a lineman jumped the snap too soon, wasn't called for it, and then separated my quarterbacks brain from his body. On two separate occasions, there was a glitch with the clock running down, but the play calling screen not coming up. It didn't result in penalties, but this was very awkward for a game coming out in a month.

The Outlook

Of course, we only get to play this version without online dynasties, offline dynasties, custom music, and an entire list of other goodies, but this game looks to be only slightly improved from the other versions. Then again, we have not seen the other good stuff coming our way, so I remain optimistic. Based on the demo alone, I would stick to 08, but with this game coming with much more, I think the jump to 09 will be simply easy.
I don't get it? You say you are going to buy the game because of the demo in the first sentence, But then you say you would stick with 08 in the last????

# 166 Anaxamander @ 06/19/08 01:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CcAaRrSsOoNn3
Yes.

No. The demo is multiplayer. You can go head-to-head or do co-op.

# 167 ODogg @ 06/19/08 01:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkfount
thank god.

I mostly only played this game with friends, so having them sit right there, and see which plays you picked last year was pretty lame.
Yeah I think that will end up being one of the most overlooked but HUGE best improvements this year.

Oh and you'll like the ability to bluff playart now too, that is very helpful for playing with other people at the same console IMO.

# 168 twisted88 @ 06/19/08 01:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
On this fourth down bug... can I get some more info on it? Were you super simming? I never heard this, but it sounds common since more than 2 of you have already heard it.
I've played 4 games so far, and I did hear this once in my first game. I was controlling OSU and had the ball around midfield 1st and 10. I ran a draw play and gained about 6 yards when Nessler said something about 'That will bring up fourth down'. But after I called the next play, everything was back to normal. As I walked to the line he said "2nd and 4 from the 43 yard line". So it was just a freak thing and I've only heard it that one time in all 4 games I've played.

# 169 Skyboxer @ 06/19/08 01:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjv31
I don't get it? You say you are going to buy the game because of the demo in the first sentence, But then you say you would stick with 08 in the last????
I believe what he was saying or meant to say is based off the demo plus what was going to be in the final product he would and is getting 09. If he was just going off of the demo he'd stick with 08.

# 170 Skyboxer @ 06/19/08 01:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Yeah I think that will end up being one of the most overlooked but HUGE best improvements this year.

Oh and you'll like the ability to bluff playart now too, that is very helpful for playing with other people at the same console IMO.
It's a cool addition but I've never had issues playing with someone right next to me. We always pick our D after O so we'd just have the player on D look away from screen until O pick was done. I do love the bluff playart though. Very cool.

# 171 ODogg @ 06/19/08 01:54 PM
When it says GO CELEBRATE WITH THE MASCOT what do I do to get that to work? I tried pressing X while I was over near the Brutus but my player didn't do anything...is it like Mortal Kombat where you have to press it real quick?

And for anyone that knows - when you get out in the open and are running for a TD how do you highstep or prounce about like a horses @ss?

# 172 Spanky @ 06/19/08 01:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfect Zero

OMT, can you comment on this? I sure hope we get to hear a lot of the fight songs, and loud, too. It would severely kill the atmosphere if we didn't. That's one of the main things that separates college from the pros.

# 173 Kevin26385 @ 06/19/08 01:57 PM
I have captured footage of a full game on the NCAA Football 09 Demo. The quality of the video is not the greatest, mainly because I needed to compress them. (Otherwise they would be almost 400 MB a piece). But the main point is to show off the gameplay, and not the graphics. Each video is divided into a quarter. ( Click on the text below to view the video) Also remember that the demo is on Varsity, which means there will be some unrealistic things in the video. Overall, I think the game is much better from the demo. The weight/feel of the ball carrier is much improved over 08.

Enjoy the Videos!

1st Quarter

2nd Quarter

3rd Quarter

4th Quarter

You can also check my videos out at the Media Blitz

# 174 J-Unit40 @ 06/19/08 01:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanky
OMT, can you comment on this? I sure hope we get to hear a lot of the fight songs, and loud, too. It would severely kill the atmosphere if we didn't. That's one of the main things that separates college from the pros.
I (and I think ODogg too) usually turn down the announcer and crank the stadium volume every year with this game. IMO, this tweak, combined with surround sound, makes a huge difference for me.

# 175 PaperLantern @ 06/19/08 01:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjv31
If you read earlier in his post, he says this is his first NCAA since 06, so he's saying that he will buy it based on the demo, but if you have 08, just stick with 08.

I think that's what he's trying to say.

# 176 Kevin26385 @ 06/19/08 02:01 PM
I have captured footage of a full game on the NCAA Football 09 Demo. The quality of the video is not the greatest, mainly because I needed to compress them. (Otherwise they would be almost 400 MB a piece). But the main point is to show off the gameplay, and not the graphics. Each video is divided into a quarter. ( Click on the text below to view the video) Also remember that the demo is on Varsity, which means there will be some unrealistic things in the video. Overall, I think the game is much better from the demo. The weight/feel of the ball carrier is much improved over 08.

Enjoy the Videos!

1st Quarter

2nd Quarter

3rd Quarter

4th Quarter

You can also check my videos out at the Media Blitz

# 177 ODogg @ 06/19/08 02:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Unit40
I (and I think ODogg too) usually turn down the announcer and crank the stadium volume every year with this game. IMO, this tweak, combined with surround sound, makes a huge difference for me.
You are 100% right...that's the best way to play it. Loud crowd and that makes you hear the band way louder.

# 178 zoltranite @ 06/19/08 02:10 PM
Pros - I love the pre snap movement. LB#33 moved over just a little bit when someone e=went in motion and he looked very intense and natural at the same time.

I can feel the foot being planted. this game plays totally different, and it seems as though you cant slip and slip all over the feild running ina ny direction.

I love the new juking system. I am trying to master the barry sanders esque shimmy shake. I'll be in practice mode for the first two hours of gettin this game.

I like how the stadiums look.

Cons - Im going to try to say things that no one else has talked about (at least up to page 12). I dont like how the safeties backpedal. They look like my 5 year old sister trying to run backwards. They should be lower in that backpedal stance. They are too upright.

I still dont like the passing animation. They should just totally rip it out and start over. Look at 2K's they did a good job in that department.

Why is my kicker ripped?

Here is my biggest con... And its a whale to me! Hopefully it can be fixed, and Im so surprised no one has noticed this. The D-Lineman have the wrong hand down. As a former D-Lineman, this just looks totally weird to me. The inside hand (closest to the ball) is supposed to be down. Inside hand down, inside foot back. If a guy is in a 1 or 0 shade (DLine lingo) He may put 2 hands down because he doesnt know who is gonna attack him. It might seem like Im knit picking, but its a simple technique and it really makes a difference out there in the real feild. It just looks weird to me. It throws the whole look of the defense off. To see what Im talking about follow this link and look at some of these pics. I would just post the pic here, but I dunno how to.

Let me know what you guys think about those DLineman stances. I attched a picture. if it doesnt show up, go here : http://rpongett.phpwebhosting.com/OSU05-3WR-8-3-0s-6.JPG

# 179 Solidice @ 06/19/08 02:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
When it says GO CELEBRATE WITH THE MASCOT what do I do to get that to work? I tried pressing X while I was over near the Brutus but my player didn't do anything...is it like Mortal Kombat where you have to press it real quick?

And for anyone that knows - when you get out in the open and are running for a TD how do you highstep or prounce about like a horses @ss?

just run up to your mascot and it "should" trigger it automatically

i can't get enough of the crip-walking LSU Tiger.

# 180 OMT @ 06/19/08 02:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanky
You're not hearing fight songs at all?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.