Home
Madden 09 News Post

IGN has posted some celebration video clips from Madden NFL 09.

Game: Madden NFL 09Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: NDS / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 88 - View All
Madden NFL 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 jewelz1132 @ 06/23/08 09:00 PM
lmao...i think celebrations should be cutscenes..that way it the lambeau leap could be better because it would involve the crowd..there could also be some celebrations that involve other players as well

# 42 Pluto07 @ 06/23/08 09:01 PM
It was a step the the direction of more presentation. A weak step. But it was a step.

# 43 Papi34 @ 06/23/08 09:03 PM
The leap is certainly embarrasing but on a positive note, there's more emotion in the commentary in those clips and the camera flashes seemed to increase when the big passes were thrown.......... well, I'm a glass is half full kind of guy.

# 44 icomb1ne @ 06/23/08 09:30 PM
w...t...f...

# 45 Ian_Cummings @ 06/23/08 09:32 PM
Hey guys - thought I'd respond to this post with a couple of points:

1. Post play is a totally different area from gameplay...so if anyone's concerned about us spending too much time here and not focusing on gameplay issues, that concern is invalid
2. The "dunk" is not a dunk - that's a specific layup animation for players that are too short or don't have a high enough jump rating to actually dunk over the post
3. I am actually pretty upset about the Lambeau Leap animation - that's the first time I've actually seen it in game, and it seems they used one of the wall celebration animations from NFL Tour instead of the real Lambeau animation. I know this because I directed the motion capture of 2 variations of it - see videos:

I will check to see if we can sneak a change in for a patch. I know it's not really a big deal in the grand scheme of things, but it's not even close to what we are supposed to be using for the Lambeau Leap - you all are right - it's like Spiderman or something. Just a mistake here by whoever was working on it...we don't have accuracy experts working on every aspect of the game so sometimes things like this can slip through.

4. I am pretty sure the Mile High salute is still in

5. You CAN steal another player's celebration. So if you score against TO, and you hit the steal button (I think it's B / Circle), you have a chance of doing one of TO's celebrations.

# 46 roadman @ 06/23/08 09:39 PM
Thanks for looking into it, Ian.

# 47 BFavre4MVP @ 06/23/08 09:44 PM
Thanks Ian, you rule.

Not that it's that big of an issue. It would just bug me every time I scored a TD at Lambeau.

# 48 Ian_Cummings @ 06/23/08 09:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jewelz1132
lmao...i think celebrations should be cutscenes..that way it the lambeau leap could be better because it would involve the crowd..there could also be some celebrations that involve other players as well
Agreed 100%. One of my top priorities for 2010 FYI.

# 49 blackngoldfan @ 06/23/08 09:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFuture15
Hey guys - thought I'd respond to this post with a couple of points:

1. Post play is a totally different area from gameplay...so if anyone's concerned about us spending too much time here and not focusing on gameplay issues, that concern is invalid
2. The "dunk" is not a dunk - that's a specific layup animation for players that are too short or don't have a high enough jump rating to actually dunk over the post
3. I am actually pretty upset about the Lambeau Leap animation - that's the first time I've actually seen it in game, and it seems they used one of the wall celebration animations from NFL Tour instead of the real Lambeau animation. I know this because I directed the motion capture of 2 variations of it - see videos:

I will check to see if this change can be sneaked in for a patch. I know it's not really a big deal in the grand scheme of things, but it's not even close to what we are supposed to be using for the Lambeau Leap - you all are right - it's like Spiderman or something. Just a mistake here by whoever was working on it...we don't have accuracy experts working on every aspect of the game so sometimes things like this can slip through.

4. I am pretty sure the Mile High salute is still in

5. You CAN steal another player's celebration. So if you score against TO, and you hit the steal button (I think it's B / Circle), you have a chance of doing one of TO's celebrations.
Why is it that IGN continue to show videos/trailers that for the most part, seem to create an uproar throughout the community? Their gameplay videos are cool, but they do a bad job at trailers and features. You have to always come in and clarify things, then the community takes a deep sigh and says "Whew, I'm glad (this or that) will be fixed."

# 50 auburntigersfan @ 06/23/08 09:53 PM
My old Gameday 99 had a better Lambeau leap than that!!!

# 51 Ian_Cummings @ 06/23/08 09:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackngoldfan
Why is it that IGN continue to show videos/trailers that for the most part, seem to create an uproar throughout the community? Their gameplay videos are cool, but they do a bad job at trailers and features. You have to always come in and clarify things, then the community takes a deep sigh and says "Whew, I'm glad (this or that) will be fixed."
You know I was just sitting here thinking the same thing. I won't venture into conspiracy theory here, but it sure doesn't seem like they've done us too many favors does it?

# 52 Ian_Cummings @ 06/23/08 09:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by auburntigersfan
My old Gameday 99 had a better Lambeau leap than that!!!
Got a vid? That'd be funny to see.

# 53 blackngoldfan @ 06/23/08 10:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFuture15
You know I was just sitting here thinking the same thing. I won't venture into conspiracy theory here, but it sure doesn't seem like they've done us too many favors does it?
I think it would be a good idea if IGN had to pass their videos through you guys at EA for approval. Who cares if they get upset because at this point they're turning people away.

# 54 Sigma4Life @ 06/23/08 10:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jewelz1132
As long as the cutscene is seamless and doesn't feel stitched in with the rest of the game. I hate when the cutscene feels like it was taken from another product and thrown in. It breaks the sense of immersion.

# 55 adembroski @ 06/23/08 10:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackngoldfan
I think it would be a good idea if IGN had to pass their videos through you guys at EA for approval. Who cares if they get upset because at this point they're turning people away.
To be fair to IGN, is their job to hype the game, or to give us unbias info with which we are armed to make our own decision?

IGN posted the vids. It's not their job to say "Well, this is just one of those mistakes that slipped through." It's their job to call it like they see it and let us decide. They're not a hype machine, they're a consumer information outlet.

At least... theoretically. It seems to me most video game news sites are WAY too buddy-buddy with the industry. We generally get honest reviews, but we rarely get honest PREviews.

# 56 Sigma4Life @ 06/23/08 10:11 PM
I think IGN did us all a favor by showing the spiderman leap.. err.. lambeau leap. Now Ian & EA is aware of it now instead of 2 months from now. Hopefully it'll be fixed sooner as a result.

# 57 djordan @ 06/23/08 10:12 PM
I hear you Ian and I hope its patched...

I just can't see who approved this to be in the game and actually give the thumbs up to show this like we wouldn't know the difference....

Maybe one of the Dev's made a mistake and put the wrong code in the game..

Dev after watching IGN video...

# 58 HealyMonster @ 06/23/08 10:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by djordan
I hear you Ian and I hope its patched...

I just can't see who approved this to be in the game and actually give the thumbs up to show this like we wouldn't know the difference....

Maybe one of the Dev's made a mistake and put the wrong code in the game..

Dev after watching IGN video...

the problem is the animation itself. Heck id be surprised if someone hasnt don that after a TD. The problem is it being called the lambeu leap. obviously they have a few animations so hopefully its as simple as reaganging the code and not importing new animations via patch cause if that was the case I wouldnt hold my breath.

# 59 ODogg @ 06/23/08 10:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DONF
While you are on Ian, can you guys create a different tackle animation than the straight leg, right arm over the shoulder straight out tackle. The tackle you see on the slant thrown for a touch down per the celebration vids. That tackle is tired and over used!
And do me a big favor Ian and go over there to the NCAA team and make them add dreadlocks and long hair to their list of things to do for 2010

# 60 ODogg @ 06/23/08 10:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DONF
Oh, last but not least, Terry Glenn is a lighter skin brotha. In the vid I thought he was TO.
Yeah Glenn is way too dark I agree

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.