Home
News Post

Like the links? Make sure you comment on the ones you like, so I can get a guage on things.OK, yesterday we seemed to generate a little more interaction with the morning post, how about we get a little more conversation in here today. HD seems to think we have a competition going on, he is no match for my awesomeness...

We went car shopping last night, since my wifee's car failed inspection, it really makes no sense to fix it and have it fail again next year, too many issues with it as of right now. The starter had to be replaced over the weekend, so that put it over the top. We test drove a few Accords and Civics last night and hope to test drive something else tonight. She wants a V6, as she is used to the power of the Maxima, but the prices are a bit higher than we expected. Any recommendations?

Anyways, my capture card arrived yesterday and I took a few test runs with it. I captured video, but the audio isn't working right, I don't have the right codec, I'm guessing. The video however is tits, is that what the young bucks call it nowadays? Anyways, it's off the chain. Hope to get at least one of them up tonight, to show off what it can do. Wish me luck.

What's up with you?
  • QOTD: Which automobile(s) do you own and are you happy with it?
Happy Birthday to the following OS'ers! (Happy birthday to my dad as well!) (58)

myownsun, captscfd (44), Spin (38), spin1993 (38), hsa613 (37), rudyjuly2 (36), rsump112 (35), dbeth (31), Spear (20), HokieStar (20), Coel (18)

Member Comments
# 1 Scott @ 07/02/08 08:55 AM
Even though I don't have a 360 (PS3) I still won't buy one...I'm looking forward to the iPhone releasing in 9 days now. 2.40 is pretty cool, I really like the new clock feature, haven't gotten to mess around with trophies yet.

QOTD: 2003 GMC Sonoma, I'm pretty happy with it, I'll wait to get a new car when I'm married.

# 2 boomhauertjs @ 07/02/08 08:59 AM
I always see links for free music sites and think it's really cool, but then I never take the time to check them out.

Last day of work today before heading off to Europe tomorrow. I'll try to post tomorrow morning before we leave for the airport, but if not, have a good 4th everyone. If I get a chance, I'll check in from an internet cafe overseas while we're traveling.

QOTD:
2002 Grand Am. By the end of the summer I'm going to go over 100,000 miles. It's been a good car. No major problems. I'm looking to buy a new car next spring, probably a hybrid.
My wife has a 2003 Vibe. It's a really good car. Really good gas mileage, but you can fold down the back and passenger seats, so it's a good car for hauling stuff too.

# 3 callmetaternuts @ 07/02/08 09:14 AM
What's Up? Just gearing up for the 4th weekend, i love the 4th of July.

QOTD: I own an 05 Mustang and i love it, but sadly it may get traded in soon for a car that is more "family friendly" My wife has an 04 Endeavour, and its in decent shape, that too will be leaving the family soon.

Link comments: First off the nightly links are great, but in no way a threat to the morning links (but both are very great additions)

Cant wait for 2.4 on PS3. Sounds like its laying the ground work for some good things.

Im pretty sure every male between the ages of 13 and 85 own a 360 and if not, heres a reason to get it (i own a PS3 and 360, so im happy either way)

The little reggie bush guy is fast, but ill wait and see what he looks like when hes a bit older, see if he still moves that way

cant WAIT for new iPhone

# 4 The GIGGAS @ 07/02/08 09:21 AM
2000 Chevy Blazer. I wish I had a newer car, since this one is kind of acting up on me occasionally. But it's relatively dependable.

# 5 Steve_OS @ 07/02/08 09:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott
Even though I don't have a 360 (PS3) I still won't buy one...I'm looking forward to the iPhone releasing in 9 days now. 2.40 is pretty cool, I really like the new clock feature, haven't gotten to mess around with trophies yet.

QOTD: 2003 GMC Sonoma, I'm pretty happy with it, I'll wait to get a new car when I'm married.
New clock feature?

# 6 Scott @ 07/02/08 09:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
New clock feature?
Yeah, It displays the date and time while your on the main menu (ie. not playing a game or in the PS Store)..Just a cool little addition IMO.

# 7 Steve_OS @ 07/02/08 09:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boomhauertjs
I always see links for free music sites and think it's really cool, but then I never take the time to check them out.

Last day of work today before heading off to Europe tomorrow. I'll try to post tomorrow morning before we leave for the airport, but if not, have a good 4th everyone. If I get a chance, I'll check in from an internet cafe overseas while we're traveling.

QOTD:
2002 Grand Am. By the end of the summer I'm going to go over 100,000 miles. It's been a good car. No major problems. I'm looking to buy a new car next spring, probably a hybrid.
My wife has a 2003 Vibe. It's a really good car. Really good gas mileage, but you can fold down the back and passenger seats, so it's a good car for hauling stuff too.
I'm the exact same way w/ the free music links.

# 8 Steve_OS @ 07/02/08 09:35 AM
FYI.

PS3 owners complain of Firmware 2.40 freezes

http://www.videogaming247.com/2008/07/02/many-ps3-owners-complain-of-firmware-240-freezes/

# 9 BlyGilmore @ 07/02/08 10:15 AM
I've got a great question of the day? What's your favorite word Steve has used in a Morning Links article? The clear winner now ... tits

# 10 Wasted Penguins @ 07/02/08 10:25 AM
QOTD: 2004 Chevy Silverado, Z71 ...pretty sweet...except for the 14 mpg! Thinking of getting a 2nd car or bike to drive to work in...

# 11 Pete1210 @ 07/02/08 10:44 AM
QOTD: We have a 2005 Kia mini-van (bought new) and a 2005 Camry (just bought used with only 25K). Very happy with both cars. The Kia has had no problems.

I have to say I enjoy all the links posted. Since I always browse a few gaming sites, I find the non-gaming stuff more click-worthy.

# 12 TJdaSportsGuy @ 07/02/08 10:45 AM
2.40 for the PS3 is like a non-issue for me at the moment. A guy at work who only owns a Wii REALLY wanted to play the new Metal Gear game. So since I was going on vacation and moving and all of that, I told him he could borrow my PS3 and buy himself the new Metal Gear, so long as I got to keep the game when he returned my PS3.

So...he's only about halfway done with it, which means I'm probably still a week or two away from getting my PS3 back.

What's Up?

I got the man room (where my 360 and PC is) all unpacked and put together last night. My wife has told me that I'm not allowed to hang anything on the wall in there unless it's framed. So far, I have a Jim Kelly picture and a Wrestlemania 20th anniversary pin set in frames, hanging in there.

I have a big UNCW poster with my media passes from that conference championship season I want to get put into a really nice frame and hung in there. I'll take care of that later.

I got the living room unpacked and ready for our new couch and love seat that will be delivered today. I'm so ready to get rid of this old stinky couch.

QOTD:

I drive a 2004 Ford Focus hatchback, after a water incident ended my run of owning a 1998 Land Rover Discovery.

# 13 rspencer86 @ 07/02/08 10:55 AM
Those "young phenom" videos (little Reggie Bush and the 2-year-old skateboarder) were awesome. I wish I had that kind of talent when I was little!

I'd love to get the new iPhone after I graduate in May, I've been wanting one since they were first announced. I guess you could say the iPhone is "tits."

I'm installing 2.40 right now, I'm pretty excited about all the features that are being added. Trophies, expanding the friends list to 100 and being able to read/send messages in-game are BIG additions for me. Hopefully someday they'll add in-game chat, as I really miss that from 360.

Speaking of 360, I doubt I'll pick one up ever again. The whole RROD issue (and sending me a bad console back on top of it) really soured my opinion of the 360. There's some things I still miss about it (I really love XBL and Halo 3) but not enough to justify owning two consoles. Just don't have the money.

QOTD: I'm still on my first car, a 1995 Toyota Avalon. It's got about 145,000 miles on it, but it is still a very good car. I'll be looking for something new in two years or so.

# 14 aukevin @ 07/02/08 10:57 AM
I saw the message last night for the 2.4 update on my PS3 but I didn't download it.

Is it wrong that I want one of those DS lightsabers

I'm downloading that iPhone guided tour right now. I don't know much about fancy phones and stuff, but I asked my wife for an iPhone for my b-day next month.

QOTD: I have a '96 Mustang that I bought new right after graduating high school. It was my first ever big purchase and 180,000 miles later, I'm still driving it. I'll drive it until it is too expensive to fix.

# 15 fishepa @ 07/02/08 10:58 AM
Man room? I'm jealous.

QOTD: I drive an 04 4Runner that has given us no trouble at all since we bought it 3 years ago. My wife drives a 97 Accord that has also never given us any trouble. Once the 4Runner is paid off soon we'll be getting the wife another car, possibly a Murano or Maxima.

# 16 TJdaSportsGuy @ 07/02/08 11:14 AM
Someone PM'ed me asking about the man room so I'll explain a little further...

It's a pretty basic setup. I bought the cheapest TV stand I could find from Wal-Mart. It's one of those TV carts with wheels on the bottom (I didn't put the wheels on) and one shelf. I have a 19" Samsung wide screen LCD monitor that I use for my Xbox gaming. A small HDTV is in the plans but we probably won't get one until Christmas.

I have the Xbox in the shelf of that thing, all my games on the bottom. I have one of those video game rocker chairs with the speakers included that I sit in to play.

The PC is in a good sized computer armoire (sp?). The doors can close and I have it situated in a corner, so it's pretty much out of the way.

On the other end of the room, I have a really nice futon that also serves as a guest bed (folds out into a queen size bed). When it's in couch mode, I'll sit there and watch TV (when I get one).

I have two small end tables on either end of the futon. On one, I have a full sized replica Bills helmet and a small model of Ralph Wilson Stadium. On the other, I have a small plush UNC Tar Heel mascot, a replica of the 1993 National Championship Trophy, and a UNC Tar Heels bobblehead.

I'm planning on mounting a shelf on the wall above the futon and putting all of my other sports knick knacks up there (Terry Tate-Office Linebacker Bobblehead, my Super Bowl 38 Ticket Stub, various old Starting Lineup figures, etc).

That's pretty much the jist of it.

# 17 davin @ 07/02/08 11:15 AM
QOTD: 2004 Honda Civic EX. I am very happy with it, although I'm not happy with the dent I put in it awhile ago.

# 18 RaychelSnr @ 07/02/08 11:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott
Yeah, It displays the date and time while your on the main menu (ie. not playing a game or in the PS Store)..Just a cool little addition IMO.
44-41! You have to be getting excited about the fact the Rangers have been playing some rather good baseball this month. If they could play another month like they did May, for July...look out! But, I am a Rangers fan so I shall not get my hopes up too far.

QOTD: Ford Explorer Sport Trac and no, the gas mileage sucks. I will probably be downconverting quite far, to a Prius or other small, gas efficient hybrid very soon.

# 19 callmetaternuts @ 07/02/08 11:26 AM
Thats awesome, i love my man room, no idea what id do without it

# 20 Nomah5 @ 07/02/08 11:28 AM
UGH. an 07 bmw X5 4.8i. My 30 year old ego led me to the bigger V8 engine and the 12 miles per gallon I get.

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.