Home
News Post

Like the links? Make sure you comment on the ones you like, so I can get a guage on things.OK, yesterday we seemed to generate a little more interaction with the morning post, how about we get a little more conversation in here today. HD seems to think we have a competition going on, he is no match for my awesomeness...

We went car shopping last night, since my wifee's car failed inspection, it really makes no sense to fix it and have it fail again next year, too many issues with it as of right now. The starter had to be replaced over the weekend, so that put it over the top. We test drove a few Accords and Civics last night and hope to test drive something else tonight. She wants a V6, as she is used to the power of the Maxima, but the prices are a bit higher than we expected. Any recommendations?

Anyways, my capture card arrived yesterday and I took a few test runs with it. I captured video, but the audio isn't working right, I don't have the right codec, I'm guessing. The video however is tits, is that what the young bucks call it nowadays? Anyways, it's off the chain. Hope to get at least one of them up tonight, to show off what it can do. Wish me luck.

What's up with you?
  • QOTD: Which automobile(s) do you own and are you happy with it?
Happy Birthday to the following OS'ers! (Happy birthday to my dad as well!) (58)

myownsun, captscfd (44), Spin (38), spin1993 (38), hsa613 (37), rudyjuly2 (36), rsump112 (35), dbeth (31), Spear (20), HokieStar (20), Coel (18)

Member Comments
# 21 SidVish @ 07/02/08 11:41 AM
QOTD: I drive a 2002 Tahoe. I love it and haven't had any major problems with it. I think the mileage is around 90,000+ so I'll just drive it until it won't let me.

Yes, everyone should have their own man room. That's where I have my theater system, plasma TV, computer, and PS3.

# 22 mgoblue @ 07/02/08 11:52 AM
2001 Saturn SC1

It's ok...i'm far from happy with the acceleration from a dead stop, but it's a sufficient car for now. It's got about 80k miles on it, so my plan is to just run it into the ground for at least 2 more years...I'd like a new car, but not enough to pay through the roof right now (and I'd like hybrids to get even more advanced than they are now).

# 23 fishepa @ 07/02/08 12:01 PM
I don't understand the point of hybrids as you pay thousands of dollars more for them and that money is probably more than you would spend extra in gas on a regular car.

# 24 ChaseB @ 07/02/08 01:03 PM
Nice spelling of "gauge" douche!

# 25 WDOgF0reL1fe @ 07/02/08 01:36 PM
Im going to my Grandparents house today for a 4th of July bbq thingy with my girlfriend. Should be aight.

QOTD: 1997 Honda Civic. Um... Its been good for four years but I really want to buy a new one now, the steering wheel is starting to break apart and it seems i have to pay for something new everytime i check it up

# 26 mgoblue @ 07/02/08 01:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishepa
I don't understand the point of hybrids as you pay thousands of dollars more for them and that money is probably more than you would spend extra in gas on a regular car.
That's why I want them to get more advanced...I'm not going to pay the premium now, but I'm hoping in 3-5 years they can bring the price down a bit, or improve performance...I do think I'll get a more economic car, hybrid or not.

For me, I have no idea where I'll be in life in 3 years, so it's tough to figure out what I'd buy anyways...

# 27 SPTO @ 07/02/08 01:46 PM
Who knew tits would pass the censors?

If you don't want to get a hybrid at least get a car that has a good MPG rate or else you'll be suffering at the pump even more.

QOTD: not applicable to me.

# 28 bronco92 @ 07/02/08 02:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPTO
Who knew tits would pass the censors?

If you don't want to get a hybrid at least get a car that has a good MPG rate or else you'll be suffering at the pump even more.

QOTD: not applicable to me.
Steve can say anything.

# 29 auburntigersfan @ 07/02/08 02:08 PM
so now I have to get a new iPhone, dang.

The future Reggie Bush reminds of playing against this kid in 4th grade that was unstoppable. He was about like that kid.

# 30 BlyGilmore @ 07/02/08 03:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJdaSportsGuy
Someone PM'ed me asking about the man room so I'll explain a little further...

It's a pretty basic setup. I bought the cheapest TV stand I could find from Wal-Mart. It's one of those TV carts with wheels on the bottom (I didn't put the wheels on) and one shelf. I have a 19" Samsung wide screen LCD monitor that I use for my Xbox gaming. A small HDTV is in the plans but we probably won't get one until Christmas.

I have the Xbox in the shelf of that thing, all my games on the bottom. I have one of those video game rocker chairs with the speakers included that I sit in to play.

The PC is in a good sized computer armoire (sp?). The doors can close and I have it situated in a corner, so it's pretty much out of the way.

On the other end of the room, I have a really nice futon that also serves as a guest bed (folds out into a queen size bed). When it's in couch mode, I'll sit there and watch TV (when I get one).

I have two small end tables on either end of the futon. On one, I have a full sized replica Bills helmet and a small model of Ralph Wilson Stadium. On the other, I have a small plush UNC Tar Heel mascot, a replica of the 1993 National Championship Trophy, and a UNC Tar Heels bobblehead.

I'm planning on mounting a shelf on the wall above the futon and putting all of my other sports knick knacks up there (Terry Tate-Office Linebacker Bobblehead, my Super Bowl 38 Ticket Stub, various old Starting Lineup figures, etc).

That's pretty much the jist of it.
See I live by myself, so my entire apartment is a man room

A friend of mine likes to call it a lair, and says it looks like a place the FBI would use for a stake out (tons of electronics all over the place and not much else).

# 31 Cyros @ 07/02/08 03:57 PM
QOTD: '95 Mercury Grand Marquis. I'm satisfied because it does what I need, though I feel like I'm waiting for it to finally give out on me. I dream of the day I can afford an Infiniti *drools*

# 32 rspencer86 @ 07/02/08 06:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishepa
I've read articles stating that the current price of gas allows you to recover the premium on a Toyota Prius about three years after your purchase. Plus, some people actually care about reducing carbon emissions and reducing oil consumption, even if it does cost a little more.

# 33 chilli311 @ 07/02/08 07:09 PM
QOTD: 2003 Honda Civic, and I love it! Gets good gas mileage, and only maintenance I've had to do on it was my fault.

# 34 hdaniel1 @ 07/03/08 01:18 AM
This thread sucks!

Anyways, when I visited my sister, I got to drive her 2005 Honda Accord Hybrid. What I have read is they don't make Accord Hybrid's anymore. I have to say, that car is pretty damn sweet, even tho the brakes are super sensitive. It gets around 30 mpg, since the engine is a V6.

I guess if you look at it, you get V6 power, but get the mpg as if you are driving a 4 cylinder car.

QOTD: 94 Accord. Yup, it's old, but it runs great. Need to do some maintenance work on it. There is a oil leak by the distrubutor. I also calculated that it gets around 30 mpg, since I put on a aftermarket air filter.

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.