Home
News Post

I have my capture card half way working, so I decided to throw up one of the clips I captured from NCAA Football 09. This one features AI vs. AI, on default Heisman. The quality isn't that great, but I am working on it. Please let me know what you think.

Game: NCAA Football 09Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 95 - View All
NCAA Football 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 capp34 @ 07/08/08 12:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tully
Hopefully they patch that unnecessary juke. That was a pick 6 for LSU if it wasn't for that stupid juke out of bounds
Too me it looked like he juked to avoid running into his teammate. I hope thats what it was.

# 22 NoleFan @ 07/08/08 01:39 PM
Steve, as long as you live you will NEVER know how much this cpu vs. cpu footage is appreciated. Thanks!!!

# 23 #85_on_a_mission @ 07/08/08 02:43 PM
My two main concens with the game, the juking by the cpu when they shouldnt, and the super accurate CPU Qbs dont come to surprises to me at all. Those two issues have always been in both madden and ncaa so im not shocked at all. Oh well...maybe next year things will be different.

# 24 JB_BE @ 07/08/08 02:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaperLantern
Yep it's been in every EA football game since 2002.
I'll take your word for it, but I almost can't believe that I never noticed that in Madden.

# 25 ForeseenBurrito @ 07/08/08 03:05 PM
The game was played by two Heisman difficulty teams, so I'm not surprised at the QB accuracy. I mean, Stafford did throw the one pass into coverage, so not all of the QB passes were spot on accurate. As for the ghost juke on the INT, it looked like he was juking to avoid his teammate. The only strange play I saw was the first LSU TD when the Georgia DB was in position, but overall I'm pleased.

# 26 DLaren @ 07/08/08 03:14 PM
I really liked what I saw, but if I can't find anything to remedy the CPU's high completion percentage then the game will be ruined for me...Hopefully a combination of playing with the "Def. Awareness", "QB Accuracy", and the 'Knockdown' sliders will help...

# 27 Russell_SCEA @ 07/08/08 03:52 PM
Nice vid Steve guys you can see why the short passing game is so effective in this vid there is a perfect example of the problem.

At 3:29 before the play starts look where the MLB and ROLB are lined up. I would bet money they are both playing yellow zones while the LOLB is playing the flats. When the ball is snapped you will notice both of those LB's will continue to drop back at least 10 yards thus leaving the middle of the field wide open. Stop the vid at 3:26 a take a look at where they are.

When those zones (if they are in yellow zones) are meant for them to drop back all of 5 yards at the most. Thats why you hear everyone saying the short stuff is way to effective. Like I have said many times before its because those zones are broken in the game right now.

# 28 BhamTiger @ 07/08/08 03:56 PM
Well at least they actually have CPU vs CPU this year for the 360. It hasn't been in the last two years, and I've been disappointed both years.

I may actually consider buying the game now...

EDIT: That is, if that was true CPU vs CPU and not that "watch next play" crap that was in last year's game...

# 29 Pared @ 07/08/08 03:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by russell05
Nice vid Steve guys you can see why the short passing game is so effective in this vid there is a perfect example of the problem.

At 3:29 before the play starts look where the MLB and ROLB are lined up. I would bet money they are both playing yellow zones while the LOLB is playing the flats. When the ball is snapped you will notice both of those LB's will continue to drop back at least 10 yards thus leaving the middle of the field wide open. Stop the vid at 3:26 a take a look at where they are.

When those zones (if they are in yellow zones) are meant for them to drop back all of 5 yards at the most. Thats why you hear everyone saying the short stuff is way to effective. Like I have said many times before its because those zones are broken in the game right now.
Great observation.

# 30 Craigsca @ 07/08/08 04:06 PM
I know this has been mentioned before, but I would pay $10 extra if the game clock lost 12 secs when the play clock abruptly goes from 37 secs to 25 secs. I'm so sick of 5 minute quarters, especially when a fix that could help (at least a little) is so readily available.

# 31 Village Idiot @ 07/08/08 04:06 PM
Quote:

Only watched the first two plays, and, heck, you can see this on the very first play of the game. The MLB drops to around the first down line, instead of playing the ... e-hem ... middle like he should be.

Also, on the opening kickoff, what's the excuse for the returner to be running into his own guys? He should be going left on that play, but instead goes right and runs into his own guys. Makes me think the AI is programmed to follow their blocks - which is good, of course - but it comes at the expense of them running to daylight. Goes a long way toward highlighting why the CPU has never ran the ball very effectively.

# 32 Anti Honor @ 07/08/08 04:14 PM
I haven't watched the vid, but I do like the sound of the accurate CPU QBs. Maybe they can actually keep up this year, even without a deep ball (Any deep balls in the vid?)

I'd rather the CPU kill me in passing, than to shut them down every time, like I did last year.

# 33 mjussawalla @ 07/08/08 04:24 PM
The one thing that stuck out was there was almost no time between coming to the line and the snap. It seemed as if both teams were in hurry up. Hopefully when you sim the game in your dynasty the number of plays and stats are realistic.

# 34 CAJUN COMMISH @ 07/08/08 04:30 PM
Steve, great job!

By the score being 14-0 LSU I know the game is 100% sim

# 35 Bootzilla @ 07/08/08 04:35 PM
Quote:

I think this is a direct result of the superhuman linebackers of past editions. Instead of dropping the linebackers to proper depths they seem to be giving up the underneath passes as not to make the linebackers too effective in coverage. I think the problem with the past games is that the receivers ran their patterns at the exact same depth as the linebackers making the underneath routes nearly impossible to throw for fear of linebacker picks. The remedy would have been intelligent routes by receivers and the receivers ability to sit down in zones.

# 36 GaryT531 @ 07/08/08 05:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bootzilla
Well done. The quality is as good as any others that I've seen. I was looking for kick coverage issues and I guess a human could bust some decent returns but, it doesn't appear nearly as broken as has been reported. Underneath passes however, may be too money.
Is that the only camera angle available in demo mode?

# 37 Cabke @ 07/08/08 05:45 PM
Did anyone else notice how often the defense jumped the snap? It didn't seem to have that big of an effect, meaning that the D-Line didn't just demolish the O-Line, but it still happened like 80% of the time.

# 38 trobinson97 @ 07/08/08 05:56 PM
Quote:
In my first post I noted that the passes were too money.
Agreed, I guess that's the INT fix.

# 39 PVarck31 @ 07/08/08 06:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbrandon
I think it sucks, sorry. Not 1 dropped ball on either side and not one penalty called this after ea said they addressed both........You can throw realistic gameplay right out da window.
Relax, Its one game. Abner has seen plenty of dropped balls, and most people who have played the demo have seen dropped balls and penalties. I actually had the cpu called for holding 3 plays in a row.

# 40 legendkiller5 @ 07/08/08 07:14 PM
Quote:
I think this is a direct result of the superhuman linebackers of past editions. Instead of dropping the linebackers to proper depths they seem to be giving up the underneath passes as not to make the linebackers too effective in coverage. I think the problem with the past games is that the receivers ran their patterns at the exact same depth as the linebackers making the underneath routes nearly impossible to throw for fear of linebacker picks. The remedy would have been intelligent routes by receivers and the receivers ability to sit down in zones.
QFT. I've been wanting this for years. I hated when I recognized the d was in zone, and had the perfect route to exploit that hole. And then instead of sitting down in the zone, the receivers keep going and that leads to an incompletion or a pic.

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.