Home
News Post

Totally360 has the news.

Quote:
"GRID and DiRT are aimed at an arcade audience and they do that very well. F1 has different requirements and will get a completely different treatment from our in-house team, including full on sim options, physics, rules and regs etc. We will also have arcade requirements catered for as well. How this will be split we do not know yet, but split it will be."

Member Comments
# 1 BIG CAROLINA @ 07/08/08 12:44 PM
Thank the Good Lord. I hope they can do it. I also hope that we get interactive pit stops.

# 2 TCrouch @ 07/08/08 12:47 PM
When they set their minds to it, they're perfectly capable of making it a sim. Grid had a lot of elements of an F1 car by default, so it wouldn't take much to make it work. Just the right mindset. That's good news, but I'm still cautiously optimistic.

# 3 Rules @ 07/08/08 01:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG CAROLINA
Thank the Good Lord. I hope they can do it. I also hope that we get interactive pit stops.

I agree it is now time to add interactive pit stops. Include changing weather such as rain so that we may have to change over to rain tires. Make it an option to control our pit crew instead of how EA does it with the Nascar series and everything is automatic. To me that is boring, pit stops lack strategy, and there are no mistakes in the pits though it happens every race of every racing class.

# 4 malrak @ 07/10/08 05:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG CAROLINA

Not sure I follow. what are interactive pit stops? You mean like a mini game? Controlling the pit guys?

Or you mean like the PC F1 games where you manage your settings on the fly?

# 5 TCrouch @ 07/10/08 05:20 PM
Like the F1 game on PS3...you have a button that corresponds to each crew member's action. You may have to hit L1, L2, R1, and R2 to change tires. Triangle to jack the car up. Square to Fuel, etc. It's like a mini-game of Simon Says, but it's surprisingly fun. If you hit them all, your stop is quicker. If you miss some, you'll lose seconds.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.