Home
News Post

Thanks to some inspiration by OS member wazzucoug02, Chris Sanner sat down in the virtual war room and broke down all of the programs in FBS (that's the cool kid's new way of saying 1-A) with new coaches. If you want to take over one of these programs, check out what Sanner has to say about how hard it will be to meet expectations at each of these schools in his article, NCAA Football 09: Programs with New Coaches.

Quote:
"The coaching carousel in college football was very active this year with many top jobs opening up after former coaches failed to meet expectations. Some gamers, for the sake of realism, always start off their dynasty with a school that has a greenhorn coach at the helm.

With that in mind, I am going to evaluate each new coaching position in a quick hitting manner to give you a basic overview of what to expect at each new open job as you try to select a dynasty team."

NCAA Football 09 screenshot gallery - Click to view NCAA Football 09 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NCAA Football 09Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 95 - View All
NCAA Football 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 osubucksfan47 @ 07/10/08 12:14 PM
The link on the front page goes to the ways to play dynasty article. The url needs to be changed from id=584 (the dynasty article) to id=586

# 2 RaychelSnr @ 07/10/08 12:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by osubucksfan47
The link on the front page goes to the ways to play dynasty article. The url needs to be changed from id=584 (the dynasty article) to id=586
Sorry about that! Link is fixed...noticed it rather quickly

# 3 jimbobbowles @ 07/10/08 01:24 PM
I don't think any Arkansas fan expects our program to be on the same level as LSU currently is on. All we ask for is a consistent top 25 finish, an SEC Title every now and then and maybe a BCS bowl every 4-6 years. Nutt only finished in the top 25 twice in 10 years and never made the BCS or won the SEC. And somehow our fans get painted with the "craxy" brush.

# 4 hoodlum10 @ 07/10/08 02:47 PM
does anyone believe it would be reasonable to be a seroius title contender by year 3 with illinois?

# 5 ballaspence9493 @ 07/10/08 02:54 PM
michigan may not win the big ten this year, but i have a strong feeling we will beat THE Ohio St UNiversity.Rich Rod has one goal, beat ohio st. a lil pay back for terrelle pryor

# 6 Gmac1016 @ 07/10/08 03:02 PM
at least Ole Miss has Houston Nutt now

# 7 VWarrior @ 07/10/08 03:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoodlum10
does anyone believe it would be reasonable to be a seroius title contender by year 3 with illinois?
Ron Zook is an excellent recruiter, he's proven he can beat his biggest conference rival (in The Shoe I might add) and I do believe he can keep Illinois at least fairly consistently in contention for Big Ten Championships. Given the (IMHO) unimpressive state of the Big Ten, my answer is yes.

EDIT: I think I may have missed the fact you may be referring to yourself as the coach. My answer is still yes given you're able to accomplish the same very things I just outlined.

# 8 VWarrior @ 07/10/08 03:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ballaspence9493
michigan may not win the big ten this year, but i have a strong feeling we will beat THE Ohio St UNiversity.Rich Rod has one goal, beat ohio st. a lil pay back for terrelle pryor
I know many Michigan faithful were hopeful for Pryor, but in reality, he was a Buckeye since around the time he turned down Rich Rod the first time in West Virginia. I'm sure the double whammy of being able to run an offense tailor made for his abilities at a school like Michigan did legitimately tempt him, but I was never convinced RR would steal him him.

Its not pay back, Pryor was always OSU's recruit to lose.

# 9 janglar @ 07/10/08 03:45 PM
I think Neu-weasel will make UCLA better, you could have one bangin Boulder style Coke and Hooker party for recruits in Westwood

# 10 o 99 PROBL3MS o @ 07/10/08 04:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbobbowles
I don't think any Arkansas fan expects our program to be on the same level as LSU currently is on. All we ask for is a consistent top 25 finish, an SEC Title every now and then and maybe a BCS bowl every 4-6 years. Nutt only finished in the top 25 twice in 10 years and never made the BCS or won the SEC. And somehow our fans get painted with the "craxy" brush.
I must disagree with you here. I want to be as successful as LSU. I'm not saying I wouldn't be satisfied with what you are asking for but I definitely want to be a top program.

# 11 hail2thevictors @ 07/10/08 05:11 PM
Look for Michigan to win the Big10 and go to the NC in year 3 under RR. I think they will manage to win 1 and possibly steal another win against THE hated Ohio State University in their 1st 3 years under coach Rodriguez. Either way, the next 3 years will be very interesting for the Wolverines! GO BLUE!!!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.