Home
News Post

We have identified and fixed the bug causing the game to crash when editing rosters. This bug also causes teams to disappear and team ratings to change.

The patch is being tested tonight, and assuming all goes well it will be submitted tomorrow for certification. The expected release is in 5-10 days.

Until the patch, we recommend you cease editing rosters. Rosters that have been corrupted by the bug will not work after the patch. If you have a roster in progress and have not encountered any freezes or missing teams, it will work after the patch. There is a possibility a roster can be corrupt and not have surfaced any problems yet. This is why we recommend that you stop or back up your work among multiple save files.

We are also fixing the bug where the depth chart gets reordered after editing a player with this patch.

These are the ONLY fixes in this patch. We are planning on a 2nd patch with many fixes, but we had to get this one out the door.

We appreciate everyone's patience on this matter.

Special thanks to CDJ, 21SEC, and Fairdale Kings for helping us track this down.

Game: NCAA Football 09Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 95 - View All
NCAA Football 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 661 roadman @ 07/24/08 09:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
Since there is pretty much limited info about the patch, it probably would be a good idea for a mod to make a one-post sticky and lock it up regarding the patch.

That way things won't get cluttered, all the info for the patch will be in the same place and easy to find.
I concur with this message.

# 662 mwjr @ 07/24/08 10:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerSpartan
Having read and paid attention to most of what Ian has been saying since he got here....It just baffles me that they got it this much worse then even last year. (Still have a good feeling about Madden 09 though)
But why?

# 663 callmetaternuts @ 07/24/08 10:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marktg30
At this point, why don't they just try to release the patches together as one or a dual-download?
First patch should be ready soon. Second patch may or may not come out and if/when it does, certainly wont be ready in the next week or so. Sept, Oct and Nov are more likely target dates

# 664 canes2008 @ 07/24/08 11:17 AM
Does anyone know when the patch is coming out?

# 665 countryboy @ 07/24/08 11:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by canes2008
Does anyone know when the patch is coming out?
Roster patch - 1st week of August

Other patch -around the first part of September

DATES SUBJECT TO CHANGE!

# 666 mwjr @ 07/24/08 11:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishepa
It's Charlotte Church.
Charlotte Church?? The Ave Maria-singing Charlotte Church? You sure?

EDIT: I'll be damned. I just did a Google/YouTube search, and it sure as hell is her. My God, she's undergone a transformation.

On topic...I was truly hoping that this would be the year that EA made strong strides with its exclusive licenses. NASCAR 09 is a decent game. (I'm a novice, but it's fun; not sure what hardcore NASCAR fans think.) But NCAA sure sounds like a disappointment. My hope for Madden and Head Coach dwindles each day.

# 667 fishepa @ 07/24/08 11:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwjr
Charlotte Church?? The Ave Maria-singing Charlotte Church? You sure?
I'm pretty sure, but I could be wrong.

# 668 callmetaternuts @ 07/24/08 11:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Roster patch - 1st week of August

Other patch - by September
cb, no offense intended, but id be careful about putting that September date up there, and even the August date. We all know thigns can change and dont think it would be fair to have people expect the patch in Sept. What if they decide to address other issues and it pushes it back?

That was the latest estimate Adam gave us, but im still waiting to hear on what could POTENTIALLY be in patch, we only know a few minor fixes right now.

# 669 mwjr @ 07/24/08 11:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMoney8805
You guys are expecting this game to be absolutely perfect. It never has been and it never will be. There will always be issues with the game no matter what. We just gotta get it to be the best it can and be satisfied. No reason to be pissed off when most of this stuff aint gonna be fixed. Holla at me...
Correct, no game is perfect, and no game ever will be. Madden 2004 wasn't perfect, but it was a great game. NCAA 05 wasn't perfect, but it was a great game. NFL 2K5 wasn't perfect, but it was a great game. From what people are saying, this game (NCAA 09) is barely playable. Defenders running away from ball carriers?? In considering relative perfection when it comes to video football games, that shouldn't even rank as tolerable.

# 670 jlfarris @ 07/24/08 12:19 PM
Quote:
It is. Call My Name is the name of the video, I believe, where AA's avatar is from. Sorry, this is off topic, but I wanted to confirm.

# 671 countryboy @ 07/24/08 12:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by callmetaternuts
cb, no offense intended, but id be careful about putting that September date up there, and even the August date. We all know thigns can change and dont think it would be fair to have people expect the patch in Sept. What if they decide to address other issues and it pushes it back?

That was the latest estimate Adam gave us, but im still waiting to hear on what could POTENTIALLY be in patch, we only know a few minor fixes right now.
no offense taken.

The roster patch I am fairly certain we'll see the first week of August if not sooner.

The other patch I should've said(and will edit) and clarify that a tenative date is sometime in or around the first part of September.

Thanks for the heads up Tater.

# 672 callmetaternuts @ 07/24/08 12:33 PM
Well, only reason i brought it up was Adam has been very hesitant to give dates so they dont blow it out of proportion and set it as a firm date. If he can give us a ballpark, ill take it, if he can give us an idea as to what else is in the patch, id love that.

No word from him yet today. Normally he's on around 11 or so...........BOO!

# 673 notoriouzwun @ 07/24/08 12:42 PM
Quote:
Yes Yes it is...I had to do a search...wow thats like Andrea Bocelli doing rap...BTW wanta real....(bad) treat..search for Charlotte Church and Amy Winehouse "Beat it"....back to topic..

So is the roster glitch the reason why my FIU team has a value of 0 on offense a value of 0 on defense and 15 Spt? lol I have a roster from Colossalchicken and every team is named but none are missing just FIU is really really messed up.

# 674 OMT @ 07/24/08 01:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by callmetaternuts
Well, only reason i brought it up was Adam has been very hesitant to give dates so they dont blow it out of proportion and set it as a firm date. If he can give us a ballpark, ill take it, if he can give us an idea as to what else is in the patch, id love that.

No word from him yet today. Normally he's on around 11 or so...........BOO!
Heh.. I've been in meetings all morning. Then I had to sort through all flame posts to get here.

Still don't know what exactly is in the patch. I know they were looking at the kick/punt returns yesterday to see if they were better.

# 675 Phobia @ 07/24/08 01:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
Heh.. I've been in meetings all morning. Then I had to sort through all flame posts to get here.

Still don't know what exactly is in the patch. I know they were looking at the kick/punt returns yesterday to see if they were better.
Flame = Negatives about the game play we want to find out on?

# 676 rudyjuly2 @ 07/24/08 01:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT

Thanks for coming back! Any chance the sliders got patched in the first one as a surprise gift to us?

Thanks for the updates and many of us will wait for further news as to the dates and significance of both patches.

# 677 OMT @ 07/24/08 01:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
It isn't the point of the post it is the content that makes it a flame. Getting into large dissertations over how the lack of competition means we don't care about making a good game and this is why you don't like it etc is not asking to find out stuff.

Besides, as Countryboy said, this thread was a patch announcement and questions about the roster patch. There are plenty of other threads to discuss what you don't personally like about the game, and other threads where you can point fingers.

This thread needs to be locked.

# 678 BigTigLSU @ 07/24/08 01:27 PM
Quote:
Its all in the context of the post....

Some people dont know how to voice frustrations and resort to a grade school mentality of "EA lies suck... they stink" and while I can understand people being upset about spending 60 dollars on a game that isnt what they expected you still have to put things into perspective.

# 679 Phobia @ 07/24/08 01:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
It isn't the point of the post it is the content that makes it a flame. Getting into large dissertations over how the lack of competition means we don't care about making a good game and this is why you don't like it etc is not asking to find out stuff.

Besides, as Countryboy said, this thread was a patch announcement and questions about the roster patch. There are plenty of other threads to discuss what you don't personally like about the game, and other threads where you can point fingers.

This thread needs to be locked.
My point, is that MOST (not saying all) post have been to the point about the problems with the gameplay. I understand this post was hijacked for gameplay talk and I am all for not going that route. BUT you are not answering questions in the gameplay thread. Since you answering questions here people come here. That is my point. Oh and me, tater, fist, ect all have been asking pretty straight forward questions on the gameplay. Still no reply

So we all have moved to the gameplay thread, BUT can you please get us some answers if these things are getting looked at. Other wise trade in on madden would be best.

# 680 countryboy @ 07/24/08 01:31 PM
Quote:
lets not go there.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.