Home
News Post

We have identified and fixed the bug causing the game to crash when editing rosters. This bug also causes teams to disappear and team ratings to change.

The patch is being tested tonight, and assuming all goes well it will be submitted tomorrow for certification. The expected release is in 5-10 days.

Until the patch, we recommend you cease editing rosters. Rosters that have been corrupted by the bug will not work after the patch. If you have a roster in progress and have not encountered any freezes or missing teams, it will work after the patch. There is a possibility a roster can be corrupt and not have surfaced any problems yet. This is why we recommend that you stop or back up your work among multiple save files.

We are also fixing the bug where the depth chart gets reordered after editing a player with this patch.

These are the ONLY fixes in this patch. We are planning on a 2nd patch with many fixes, but we had to get this one out the door.

We appreciate everyone's patience on this matter.

Special thanks to CDJ, 21SEC, and Fairdale Kings for helping us track this down.

Game: NCAA Football 09Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 95 - View All
NCAA Football 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 681 countryboy @ 07/24/08 01:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
My point, is that MOST (not saying all) post have been to the point about the problems with the gameplay. I understand this post was hijacked for gameplay talk and I am all for not going that route. BUT you are not answering questions in the gameplay thread. Since you answering questions here people come here. That is my point. Oh and me, tater, fist, ect all have been asking pretty straight forward questions on the gameplay. Still no reply
no people came here to continue there bitch fest since the other threads were dying down. Please don't try to make it as though those who hijacked this thread were victims.

# 682 Phobia @ 07/24/08 01:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
lets not go there.
GO where, asking if this so called "flames" were from wanting answers on the gameplay problems? I DO think we are the victims. But I don't want ot continue this here, you can PM. Country.

# 683 countryboy @ 07/24/08 01:39 PM
Quote:
GO where, asking if this so called "flames" were from wanting answers on the gameplay problems? I DO think we are the victims. But I don't want ot continue this here, you can PM. Country.
thank you

# 684 BigTigLSU @ 07/24/08 01:42 PM
Quote:
My point, is that MOST (not saying all) post have been to the point about the problems with the gameplay. I understand this post was hijacked for gameplay talk and I am all for not going that route. BUT you are not answering questions in the gameplay thread. Since you answering questions here people come here. That is my point. Oh and me, tater, fist, ect all have been asking pretty straight forward questions on the gameplay. Still no reply
EA is still a company they still have certain things they "as represenatives of EA" can not come out and say. I am sure Adam and others reps are frustrated with certain things and would like to be more forthcoming but there will be people who wont be happy no matter what is said by people on here. On top of that simple statements and comments can be misinterpented and misquoted and EA as a company wont allow that. Things come about and a frustrated gamer wont be as inclined to be understanding that something is delayed or isnt feasable at this time.... So things are approached cautiously by EA reps because they have a job to keep themselves.

# 685 fishepa @ 07/24/08 01:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
It isn't the point of the post it is the content that makes it a flame. Getting into large dissertations over how the lack of competition means we don't care about making a good game and this is why you don't like it etc is not asking to find out stuff.

Besides, as Countryboy said, this thread was a patch announcement and questions about the roster patch. There are plenty of other threads to discuss what you don't personally like about the game, and other threads where you can point fingers.

This thread needs to be locked.
Yep, I believe it has come to this point.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.