Home
News Post

We have identified and fixed the bug causing the game to crash when editing rosters. This bug also causes teams to disappear and team ratings to change.

The patch is being tested tonight, and assuming all goes well it will be submitted tomorrow for certification. The expected release is in 5-10 days.

Until the patch, we recommend you cease editing rosters. Rosters that have been corrupted by the bug will not work after the patch. If you have a roster in progress and have not encountered any freezes or missing teams, it will work after the patch. There is a possibility a roster can be corrupt and not have surfaced any problems yet. This is why we recommend that you stop or back up your work among multiple save files.

We are also fixing the bug where the depth chart gets reordered after editing a player with this patch.

These are the ONLY fixes in this patch. We are planning on a 2nd patch with many fixes, but we had to get this one out the door.

We appreciate everyone's patience on this matter.

Special thanks to CDJ, 21SEC, and Fairdale Kings for helping us track this down.

Game: NCAA Football 09Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 95 - View All
NCAA Football 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 OMT @ 07/16/08 05:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinOwl
Could you possibly try to break a set of the ps3 rosters that either peavy or lant are working on
I'm not sure what you're asking... we strongly encourage everyone who is editing a roster to take a break from it until the patch comes out.

# 82 RumbleCard @ 07/16/08 05:46 PM
If they mildly tweek the gameplay and fix the slider issues this will be the best NCAA to date.

# 83 OMT @ 07/16/08 05:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soonerd2
Do you break them by editing multiple players from different teams or just individual edits on players reguardless of teams?

I only ask because I edited every players equipment on Oklahoma's roster and haven't had a single problem.
It's per team. So editing every player is the same as editing one player.

# 84 HustlinOwl @ 07/16/08 05:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
I'm not sure what you're asking... we strongly encourage everyone who is editing a roster to take a break from it until the patch comes out.
As you tested DT's rosters and eventually got them to break, thus meaning that his will work after the patch release. Could you possibly try to break a set of the ps3 rosters that are currently being worked on here at the site to make sure their rosters will work after the patch?

# 85 jballa838 @ 07/16/08 05:49 PM
woo. thanks OMT. squashed that bug quick

# 86 95Frazier @ 07/16/08 05:50 PM
ATTENTION!!!!

I dont if you already know this OMT but I was playing as Nebraska in an offline dynasty. I got to the fiesta bowl in my first year and happily went on to the next season.

To my great surprise my whole schedule (including conference games) was the 2007 schedule. I had USC, wake, Texas, a&m, etc. on my schedule when I shouldve had OU, Ttech, etc. Can you fix this in a patch? Since you cant change the conference schedule

# 87 bad_philanthropy @ 07/16/08 05:51 PM
I'm very grateful that we're not being shortchanged a gameplay patch. I think the game is very close to being extremely good, and I actually think something that would help more than a lot of the things that could possibly be tweaked would to just get the sliders working correctly.

# 88 Soonerd2 @ 07/16/08 06:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
It's per team. So editing every player is the same as editing one player.
OMT do you by any chance remember how many teams you edited before DT's roster broke?

# 89 PAPERNUT @ 07/16/08 06:04 PM
Big thanks to OMT and everyone and EA! With the correct issues patched, this has the potential to be the best NCAA ever.

# 90 RunN1st @ 07/16/08 06:09 PM
Man, you guys are lucky that EA reps are actually communicating and acknowledging the bugs. As for us in the NASCAR 09 community, we haven't heard a beep from an EA rep at all. We also have a nasty freezing bug!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3vC-fe5d7g

# 91 uraz3r0 @ 07/16/08 06:39 PM
Thanks EA, you guys take more heat than you deserve. The reactions to this year's game go to prove that some people will just never be satisfied.

# 92 HuskerFan @ 07/16/08 06:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95Frazier
ATTENTION!!!!

I dont if you already know this OMT but I was playing as Nebraska in an offline dynasty. I got to the fiesta bowl in my first year and happily went on to the next season.

To my great surprise my whole schedule (including conference games) was the 2007 schedule. I had USC, wake, Texas, a&m, etc. on my schedule when I shouldve had OU, Ttech, etc. Can you fix this in a patch? Since you cant change the conference schedule
Holy crap are you serious? Is there anyway that this can be fixed in a patch?

Also...

This question deals with Stadium Sounds. Is there any way in the 2nd patch to be able to make it so that if more than one song is part of a playlist, that it randomly plays the playlist instead of playing the first, then second, etc?

# 93 Skyboxer @ 07/16/08 06:43 PM
Thanks man!!

# 94 servo75 @ 07/16/08 06:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
We have identified and fixed the bug causing the game to crash when editing rosters. This bug also causes teams to disappear and team ratings to change.

The patch is being tested tonight, and assuming all goes well it will be submitted tomorrow for certification. The expected release is in 5-10 days.

Until the patch, we recommend you cease editing rosters. Rosters that have been corrupted by the bug will not work after the patch. If you have a roster in progress and have not encountered any freezes or missing teams, it will work after the patch. There is a possibility a roster can be corrupt and not have surfaced any problems yet. This is why we recommend that you stop or back up your work among multiple save files.

We are also fixing the bug where the depth chart gets reordered after editing a player with this patch.

These are the ONLY fixes in this patch. We are planning on a 2nd patch with many fixes, but we had to get this one out the door.

We appreciate everyone's patience on this matter.

Special thanks to CDJ, 21SEC, and Fairdale Kings for helping us track this down.
Thanks Adam

# 95 sandershokie @ 07/16/08 06:47 PM
anyway to patch the defense and the ability to add more songs on the game? The song thing is a great addition to the game.

# 96 J-Unit40 @ 07/16/08 06:54 PM
Adam, thank you for the prompt response with the patch! Also, thank you for being an active member of the OS Community!

Great news!

# 97 OMT @ 07/16/08 06:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by uraz3r0
Thanks EA, you guys take more heat than you deserve. The reactions to this year's game go to prove that some people will just never be satisfied.
And neither will we.

# 98 countryboy @ 07/16/08 07:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
And neither will we.

Thats good to hear

# 99 shsboiballa13 @ 07/16/08 07:05 PM
just use the one R41DER or (i cant member) R41DERS created I have no problem using them.

# 100 BoiseState07 @ 07/16/08 07:05 PM
Sweet now I've just got to find a router to plug my 360 into so I can get the patch when it comes out. That will be fun! I guess I can take my HDD over to my buddy's and pop it on his console since he's hooked up. My roommate won't let me run a cable from the room the router is in to my room and I don't want to buy the $100 dongle just for wireless that I hardly use.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.