Home
News Post

We have identified and fixed the bug causing the game to crash when editing rosters. This bug also causes teams to disappear and team ratings to change.

The patch is being tested tonight, and assuming all goes well it will be submitted tomorrow for certification. The expected release is in 5-10 days.

Until the patch, we recommend you cease editing rosters. Rosters that have been corrupted by the bug will not work after the patch. If you have a roster in progress and have not encountered any freezes or missing teams, it will work after the patch. There is a possibility a roster can be corrupt and not have surfaced any problems yet. This is why we recommend that you stop or back up your work among multiple save files.

We are also fixing the bug where the depth chart gets reordered after editing a player with this patch.

These are the ONLY fixes in this patch. We are planning on a 2nd patch with many fixes, but we had to get this one out the door.

We appreciate everyone's patience on this matter.

Special thanks to CDJ, 21SEC, and Fairdale Kings for helping us track this down.

Game: NCAA Football 09Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 95 - View All
NCAA Football 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 Anti Honor @ 07/16/08 07:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
And neither will we.
Any idea if the slider issue is going to be included in the 2nd patch?

# 102 GoVols1985 @ 07/16/08 07:10 PM
Don't forget to add the Weather Channel thing to the second patch. I've played 11 games today and it hasn't worked yet.

# 103 longhorn35 @ 07/16/08 07:13 PM
How does the patch update the game when you are not on x-box live?

# 104 auburntigersfan @ 07/16/08 07:14 PM
thank you, I am so grateful you guys are interacting with us so much this year.

# 105 BigDofBA @ 07/16/08 07:14 PM
Does OMT or anyone else know what issues are going to be addressed in the 2nd patch?

# 106 countryboy @ 07/16/08 07:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDofBA
Does OMT or anyone else know what issues are going to be addressed in the 2nd patch?
I don't think so.

# 107 SteelerSpartan @ 07/16/08 07:26 PM
Thank God

Big Relief...but hopefully we can sure up the other most annoying problems discovered thus far too...cough..field degradation..cough..cough..sliders..cough

Thanks again for the fast response

# 108 WallaceNails @ 07/16/08 07:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
I don't think so. Why, does this bug happen on PS2 as well?! It shouldn't because it was caused by adding Western Kentucky. No teams were added to PS2 this year.
So adding Western Kentucky and the extra roster spots to fill their team (67 players) caused this roster edit bug?

# 109 BigDofBA @ 07/16/08 07:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerSpartan
Thank God

Big Relief...but hopefully we can sure up the other most annoying problems discovered thus far too...cough..field degradation..cough..cough..sliders..cough

Thanks again for the fast response
Something like field degradation can not be patched. I for one am fine with how the game looks. The gameplay is what needs to be tweaked imo.

# 110 yanks26ngoin @ 07/16/08 07:39 PM
Haha, so when I get the game when my 360 returns from repair, I will be seeing, an update is available for the game, and I will actually know what it is!

# 111 countryboy @ 07/16/08 07:40 PM
Quote:
Something like field degradation can not be patched. I for one am fine with how the game looks. The gameplay is what needs to be tweaked imo.
agreed and its my understanding that only things involving gameplay can be patched.

# 112 yanks26ngoin @ 07/16/08 07:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorn35
How does the patch update the game when you are not on x-box live?
If you dont have XBOX Live, your SOL. You dont get the patch without XBOX Live.

# 113 BoomerSooner11 @ 07/16/08 07:43 PM
Quote:
What I have read on here, the 2nd patch is probably going to include fixes to the gameplay issues and tweakage of the sliders.

# 114 longhorn35 @ 07/16/08 07:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yanks26ngoin
If you dont have XBOX Live, your SOL. You dont get the patch without XBOX Live.

Why should I have to subscribe to a service that I do not use just to get a patch from a game that I bought that is broken.... It should be free to access without subscription...

# 115 ou_fan1215 @ 07/16/08 08:06 PM
it is free to access, all you have to have is internet connection and pop the game in and an update message will come up just like it does the first time you put the game in. @ least that's what i recall w/updates and patches. i don't have xbox live so i hope that's how it works.

# 116 countryboy @ 07/16/08 08:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorn35
Why should I have to subscribe to a service that I do not use just to get a patch from a game that I bought that is broken.... It should be free to access without subscription...
the patch is free. Microsoft chooses to charge for their online service. And the only way that a patch can be downloaded is via either Xbox Live for 360 users or by PSN for PS3 users.

# 117 longhorn35 @ 07/16/08 08:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ou_fan1215
it is free to access, all you have to have is internet connection and pop the game in and an update message will come up just like it does the first time you put the game in. @ least that's what i recall w/updates and patches. i don't have xbox live so i hope that's how it works.

A helpful sooner.... cool... I walk away from a conversation with a sooner with the testes intact.... very nice...

Thanks!

# 118 Quint75 @ 07/16/08 08:21 PM
Quote:
Exactly. I understand wanting field degradation and all of that, but PLEASE patch the gameplay issues above all else.

# 119 sandershokie @ 07/16/08 08:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ou_fan1215
i never got anything when i first put the game in.

# 120 Psyblast @ 07/16/08 08:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandershokie
i never got anything when i first put the game in.

...Why would you?

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.