Home
News Post

Pasta Padre has posted some information on NCAA Football 09 patch #2.

Quote:
"The roster editing patch is currently in certification at Microsoft and Sony. There is no specific day the patch will be approved and pushed out but it should not be too long now, possibly by the end of next week.

The second patch, which is intended to improve different gameplay elements, is still in the evaluation period. Right now a reasonable expectation on when this patch will arrive is September. So far it will include fixes to sliders, improvements to kick/punt return coverage, and various tuning to areas such as zone coverages, man vs RBs, and strafe catching. There will be more included in the patch but as of now those are the things that are confirmed."

Game: NCAA Football 09Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 95 - View All
NCAA Football 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 Cardot @ 07/26/08 11:47 PM
Since an inflexible release date may have caused some of these problems, seems like it would be better if they took a few extra weeks to make sure the patch works correctly....and doesn't break anything else.

# 122 OMT @ 07/26/08 11:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by callmetaternuts
Adam, any word on the incorrect scoring drive summary is being fixed (not a major issue, thought id ask)
Can you be more specific?

# 123 OMT @ 07/26/08 11:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardot
Since an inflexible release date may have caused some of these problems, seems like it would be better if they took a few extra weeks to make sure the patch works correctly....and doesn't break anything else.
While this is true.. that we need to be sure that the patch doesn't break something else, at the same time the inflexible release date is no excuse.

The problem with bugs surfacing in retail copies (I know.... no matter how obvious they are), is that we only hear about the bugs we didn't find/fix. Nobody cares about the 10k bugs we DID find/fix! lol

# 124 Marino @ 07/26/08 11:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
i think he means that when you score on a field goal not only does it add the yards you gained but also the yards from the field goal...ive had 100+ yard drives

# 125 rhombic21 @ 07/26/08 11:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
Yeah, you're right. When we finaled the game there was already a list of stuff we wanted to patch. But when we heard about the roster bug, that was put on hold. Then we heard about the online dynasty bug. .... yeah, it has been a very rough 2 weeks since release.
There was a month and a half window between the time when I know we identified at least 75% of the gameplay issues at community day and when you guys found out about the roster glitch. What happened there? Why is Madden addressing gameplay issues in a patch that comes out release day, and NCAA isn't addressing them until a month and a half after release?

# 126 OMT @ 07/26/08 11:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhombic21
There was a month and a half window between the time when I know we identified at least 75% of the gameplay issues at community day and when you guys found out about the roster glitch. What happened there? Why is Madden addressing gameplay issues in a patch that comes out release day, and NCAA isn't addressing them until a month and a half after release?
Because the patch process has a different starting point than a game already in Alpha. For Madden, they could just enter those as new bugs and fix them. But for us, we had to final the game at the time and wouldn't dare take on anything but a crash.

Once we finaled, we created a patch branch in the code and started implementing the Madden fixes from central gameplay. We also had our own NCAA specific fixes.

# 127 rhombic21 @ 07/27/08 12:00 AM
I'm confused. Why does that take 3 months? I'm not asking why they weren't fixed in the ship version. I'm asking why the patch for NCAA that addresses gameplay issues comes out a month and a half to two months after release, while Madden has a gameplay patch, which apparently addresses a very similar set of issues, that comes out on the day of release? How does Madden get gameplay issues patched so quickly?

# 128 callmetaternuts @ 07/27/08 12:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
Yeah, you're right. When we finaled the game there was already a list of stuff we wanted to patch. But when we heard about the roster bug, that was put on hold. Then we heard about the online dynasty bug. .... yeah, it has been a very rough 2 weeks since release.

But we are back to the 2nd patch now. It seems most of the problems people are having fall on the gameplay team's plate. They will be deciding, with input from the game team's lead, on what to patch. This is all based on how complex a fix would be and even more so how RISKY it would be. You change the slightest thing and the game blows up in your face. Seriously. I have have seen this over and over and over (I think Kirk has that line in the game!).

I think we have worked out what to do since Pasta Padre scooped me! We wouldn't have told him anything unless we had a final list. So we are probably finishing up (I have seen the patch list and not everything is marked done). I think by the end of the week we will have it wrapped up to test. If everything goes ok, then submission and about 2 weeks for that... That puts us at between Aug 20 and Sep 20 for 2nd patch release. I know that is a big window, but that is probably a pretty good guess on my part (uh oh).
The list he had sounded promising, but with one glaring omission.......you and i both know what it is.......and AA knows........pass rush. Any word on that? Any chance that you can give us a complete list as to whats being considered and/or done? And how its being remedied? (I'm gonna keep asking this until its answered, just an FYI)

That is a big window, but what can you do. (Here's a hint, aim for Aug 20th!!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino13882
i think he means that when you score on a field goal not only does it add the yards you gained but also the yards from the field goal...ive had 100+ yard drives
Adam, marino is correct, you start on the 20, drive to the other 20 (so thats 60 yards) and kick a FG (37 yarder) It registers as 6 plays for 97 yards, should be 6 plays for 60 yards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhombic21
I'm interested in this also. I think that this is vital, otherwise, why have community day if the feedback isnt taken?

Appreciate the feedback Adam

# 129 callmetaternuts @ 07/27/08 09:19 AM
Adam, when will the patch be final as far as what's going in it? And at that time, can we get a full list of what will be fixed or altered?

Edit: Also, no one can seem to figure out if up on the "R" stick is the truck stick or highlight stick (manual says highlight stick, but always goes into the trucking animation)

# 130 Hammer67 @ 07/27/08 09:21 AM
Wow...it's amazing how some of you guys are worried about what seems like minute stuff (yardage calculations, assisted tackles, etc.). And to think my buddies bust your chops if you waste time messing with the sliders.

"Dude, let's just game!"

I think for perspective, most people here can be considered really hard core gamers. In all honesty, for most of my buddies, they never even look at forums and don't think anything is wrong with the game. But if you are just playing for social fun (sitting around with a few buds drinking a brew and playing), you really could care less about the realistic passing percentage of Pitt's QB or the yardage assessed on a FG ending drive.

As my buddy always says, "Anything more then 5 minute quarters and I lose my interest...I have to go out tonight!"

# 131 callmetaternuts @ 07/27/08 09:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer67
Wow...it's amazing how some of you guys are worried about what seems like minute stuff (yardage calculations, assisted tackles, etc.). And to think my buddies bust your chops if you waste time messing with the sliders.

"Dude, let's just game!"

I think for perspective, most people here can be considered really hard core gamers. In all honesty, for most of my buddies, they never even look at forums and don't think anything is wrong with the game. But if you are just playing for social fun (sitting around with a few buds drinking a brew and playing), you really could care less about the realistic passing percentage of Pitt's QB or the yardage assessed on a FG ending drive.

As my buddy always says, "Anything more then 5 minute quarters and I lose my interest...I have to go out tonight!"

Different strokes for different folks. This is why we want a game that has different modes or level or difficulties. Some for casual gamers like your buddies, and some for us hardcore guys. Not saying you guys play the wrong way or we play the wrong way, but everyone plays the game different, and to cater to just one group leaves the other out in the cold. By getting sliders that work (2nd patch) and improving a few things, it will allow people to tweak the game to their wants/needs.

Speaking of sliders Adam, is the planned fix to just make CPU sliders work, or make them have more effect?

# 132 rudyjuly2 @ 07/27/08 09:30 AM
I'm really enjoying AA right now. My biggest concern on that level (offline) is the lack of the cpu rushing attack. Once the sliders are fixed I should be able to address that. Fixing the punt returns should make the game fantastic (at least for me)!

# 133 Dynamite @ 07/27/08 09:34 AM
I'm more excited about the end of strafe catching (fingers crossed) than anything. There's nothing more frustrating than stopping someone 3 out of 4 times, the fourth time being a 45 yard deep pass where their receiver with 92 spec catch runs around the DB, lines up with the LOS and jumps a full 3 feet in the air to catch the ball, then breaks a tackle and takes it to the house.

I'd like for once, for my knowledge of defensive schemes and how to force an offense into bad decisions to be rewarded. I have a friend who does that strafe/rocket/spec catch stuff whenever he needs a big gain, and his response is the same as the people at the big tourneys "play some D then"

If the strafe catch is gone, then all the people who abuse it will have to learn real football (that or abuse the flats haha).

# 134 astronut @ 07/27/08 10:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
I'm really enjoying AA right now. My biggest concern on that level (offline) is the lack of the cpu rushing attack. Once the sliders are fixed I should be able to address that. Fixing the punt returns should make the game fantastic (at least for me)!
which aa siders are you using. I am playing on heisman and I am liking everything except I can't stop cpu pass. Its like money.cpu can run, I can run, there is some difficult passing for me although hooks are there to much, and I can get coverage sacks if I cover with safety or lb in zone sometimes. The only problem is 76 to 80% of time when cpu throws it it's complete.

# 135 Hoops737 @ 07/27/08 12:26 PM
I find this game completely unplayable with the current glitches in the sliders and lack of a pass rush/coverage skills that this game has, both online and offline.

# 136 Quint75 @ 07/27/08 01:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoops737
I find this game completely unplayable with the current glitches in the sliders and lack of a pass rush/coverage skills that this game has, both online and offline.
I am still able to enjoy Campus Legend mode as a QB, since I can audible out of the CPUs calls. But as far as a whole package, NCAA 09 has been a big disappointment to me. And I have serious doubts that the patch will improve the game enough to make it a truly great game. Heck, it hasn't even been confirmed yet the the DL pass rush is being improved in the patch. Such a wasted opportunity.

# 137 callmetaternuts @ 07/27/08 02:35 PM
Hoping Adam is taking Sunday off and then ready to get back to the grind on Monday, which involves tolerating our 03480923 questions.

# 138 TylerDurdenVol @ 07/27/08 02:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoops737
Couldn't agree more!

# 139 OMT @ 07/27/08 03:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by callmetaternuts
Hoping Adam is taking Sunday off and then ready to get back to the grind on Monday, which involves tolerating our 03480923 questions.
I'm being lazy, avoiding lawn work, reading the board. But I can't answer a lot of this stuff cause I'm not at work and can't ask anyone to get answers I don't know.

Actually, all of next week I'm going to be in day long training... can't wait to see all the posts of people saying I ran away!

# 140 callmetaternuts @ 07/27/08 03:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
I'm being lazy, avoiding lawn work, reading the board. But I can't answer a lot of this stuff cause I'm not at work and can't ask anyone to get answers I don't know.

Actually, all of next week I'm going to be in day long training... can't wait to see all the posts of people saying I ran away!
Welcome to the club! Dont need the answers today, but if/when you get a chance at work to find out that would be great, just dont forget the questions!

P.S. The yard can wait, why arent you online balling?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.