Home
Madden 09 News Post

The official Madden NFL 09 demo has been released. Please post your impressions here.

Madden NFL 09 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 09 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Madden NFL 09Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: NDS / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 88 - View All
Madden NFL 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Cubfan @ 07/31/08 08:03 AM
Finished taking the Madden IQ.

Rush Offense: All-Madden
Pass Offense: All-Pro
Rush Defense: Pro
Pass Defense: Pro

IQ:539

As for playing the Madden moment well it was ok. The pats defense was ruthless didn't give me alot of time for deap throws. I like run along the sidelines move with Jacobs trying to stay inbounds.

# 22 SimBaller22 @ 07/31/08 08:06 AM
Ok just got done playing the demo and it still is short and pathetic in terms of what you can do...

But.....

The demo is much better then the dvd crap I played last week...

Right of the bat you can tell a huge difference..

The WIP icon is not on the new demo and the flash bulbs are in the new demo and the graphics are better on the demo...

The smoothness of every play is much much much better on the demo

You can see the names of the players when you zoom out on the camera which you could not on the old demo and you can see the weapons icons on the new demo

the i.q test is much easier on the new demo and on passing plays you get better routes then the old demo

also it keeps track of each thing you do on a chart in the top left of the demo during the i.q quiz which you did not get on the old demo

Mr. Madden himself is the one tellin you what you must do in the test which was not the case in the old demo..it was a couple of producers from the game

One bad thing about the new demo is that you get only 1 time out and the old demo you get all 3

the preplay chart is available in the new demo and it was not in the old demo

You can change the zoom for lead block in the new demo along with the sound settings...you could not in the old demo

the washed out glare in the old demo is not part of the new demo and it makes the game look much much better..

very excited about the game after playing the new demo...sucks what we got in terms of content but it is much better to say the least..

Next Friday cant come fast enough.

# 23 SimBaller22 @ 07/31/08 08:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMD
I'd like to point out something. Yes the game does end when you score a TD but if you want to get the feel for the tackling, instead of scoring the TD kick a fieldgoal. This will then alow you to kick off to the Pats and you can see how the kick coverage works, and make a tackle. Once the play is over the game ends. This worked with the DVD demo so I'm guessing it will with this one also.

Also with 1:40 on the clock and 3 time outs you have much more then one play. I played the DVD demo non stop for 2 hours so don't be worried that the demo is short, you can keep playing over and over to try different formations and plays.

I'm at 55% now with the newer demo, if I notice any differences I'll post them.

Sorry I was incorrect, this demo only gives you one time out. The DVD demo gave you 3.

this demo is much better then the dvd version i played but what sucks is that you get only 1 time out in the new demo and the dvd one you get 3

# 24 TJdaSportsGuy @ 07/31/08 08:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
TJ, what are your thoughts on the demo?
My thoughts are I can't wait to try it after I get home from work.

I wasn't up early because of the demo, I actually had to be at work at 4am today...ugh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimBaller22
but what sucks is that you get only 1 time out in the new demo and the dvd one you get 3
GAMEKILLER!!

or would it be

DEMOKILLER!!

# 25 djordan @ 07/31/08 08:25 AM
the demo is out?????????? for PSN?..I thought it would be out at 5:00 est

# 26 RawisTheGameHhH @ 07/31/08 08:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by djordan
Its on Xbox Live right now; however I thought I read it will be on PSN later today

# 27 Netherscourge @ 07/31/08 08:28 AM
Microsoft always finds a way to show-up Sony.

lol

MS wasn't supposed to release it until Friday. Then they found out Sony was going to release it today, so they turned around and put it on the Marketplace this morning.

Too bad EA owns the NFL license - I think competition from other NFL video games would do them some good.

Competition is always a good thing IMO. It keeps people on their toes.

# 28 TJdaSportsGuy @ 07/31/08 08:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by djordan
LOL, go back and read the thread man. It's out on XBox Live...PSN is later.

# 29 SimBaller22 @ 07/31/08 08:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJdaSportsGuy

I wasn't up early because of the demo, I actually had to be at work at 4am today...ugh.

GAMEKILLER!!

or would it be

DEMOKILLER!!

Is not like I am going to cry bro...I played the dvd demo and it sucks compared to this demo...Which we knew because the dvd version was from way back..but it gave you 3 times out to stop the clock and get some more plays in..

the new demo gives you 1 time out...but is still a better demo and it shows how good this game is going to be..

# 30 Netherscourge @ 07/31/08 08:31 AM
Question - how many Timeouts did NY have in the REAL Superbowl when they were still trailing the Patriots?

Maybe they took away 2 timeouts to make the situation more similar to the actual Superbowl?

# 31 SimBaller22 @ 07/31/08 08:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Netherscourge
Question - how many Timeouts did NY have in the REAL Superbowl when they were still trailing the Patriots?

Maybe they took away 2 timeouts to make the situation more similar to the actual Superbowl?
as i recall i think they had 2 of them left at the time where it was 4th and inches...but it could have been one

not sure...regadless i just throw outs to get out of bounds

# 32 JMD @ 07/31/08 08:38 AM
This demo is clearly better then the DVD demo. At this time I can say I have no issues to report with this game. It's all up to the final build now. What I've seen from this demo has me feeling that Madden 09 is going to be a very good game. Won't know for sure until I play the full game on the 12th, or possibly earlier if I can bribe the manager at Game Stop.

# 33 countryboy @ 07/31/08 08:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJdaSportsGuy

GAMEKILLER!!

or would it be

DEMOKILLER!!

My bad TJ. I thought that maybe you had played it. I am in the same boat as you, waiting to get home from work. Speaking of work, I guess I'd better do some, since I am here.

# 34 sportyguyfl31 @ 07/31/08 08:47 AM
Anyone play any defense at all?

What's middle of the field coverage like?

I would like to play as the CB, and in NCAA that simply isnt possible, given the issues in that area.

# 35 countryboy @ 07/31/08 08:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportyguyfl31
Anyone play any defense at all?

What's middle of the field coverage like?

I would like to play as the CB, and in NCAA that simply isnt possible, given the issues in that area.
you don't play defense in the demo. Its one possession with you on offense trying for the game winning TD.

# 36 SimBaller22 @ 07/31/08 08:49 AM
You can also use the right stick in the play call screen to see the highlights of the previous play or the stats or the iq.....and if you click on the right stick during the small replay screen...it takes you to the regular full screen replay and you control the camera angles like you would in a retail version...sweet

none of this was in the dvd demo...

also if you drop back to far then the icons are gone from the receivers...

# 37 SimBaller22 @ 07/31/08 08:50 AM
another cool thing is that the demo has the up to date rosters from lest say after the draft...

because eventhough shockey is still on the giants...the pats dont have Asante Samule and they have Mayo the linebacker starting who is a rookie

i will take pics

# 38 Harlemal @ 07/31/08 08:56 AM
Even tho the demo is short it is solid. The VT is CRACK.

# 39 SimBaller22 @ 07/31/08 09:03 AM
Also the deep ball has distance unlike the dvd demo...which it was hard to throw 45 yards deep

I threw from my own 30 yard line to the 5 yard line of the pats....

# 40 SimBaller22 @ 07/31/08 09:03 AM
i was upset in the last dvd demo because the screen that you select a play did not allow you to hide the play like you do in ncaa which gives you 4 buttons to choose one of the 4 plays on the screen

in the old demo it was not like that but in this one is just like ncaa except that you have to press down on the left stick and then all 4 plays are assigned a button...

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.