Home
Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 News Post

Konami's PES 2009 will feature Barcelona and Argentina star Lionel Messi on the front cover. We have the press release, screenshots and a video to prove it.

Game: Pro Evolution Soccer 2009Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Xbox 360Votes for game: 6 - View All
Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 allstar3970 @ 08/01/08 03:10 PM
Are we going to have till February for PES here in the states again? I want to be able to directly compare immediately with FIFA.

# 2 asu666 @ 08/01/08 03:19 PM
Hopefully PES gets out of the funk it was in last year. EA actually made a better football/soccer game for the first time last year imo.

# 3 JoeRyan33 @ 08/02/08 06:41 PM
The video doesn't do much for expectations of this being an improvement. Movements looked stiff, animations pretty bad, and the focus on some silly looking tricks...

I hope I'm wrong.

# 4 Krebstar @ 08/03/08 12:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRyan33
The video doesn't do much for expectations of this being an improvement. Movements looked stiff, animations pretty bad, and the focus on some silly looking tricks...

I hope I'm wrong.
Perhaps their focus will be on tricks due to Messi being the cover boy? Also, since EA put some focus on it last year, now Konami wants to play catch up?

It's a shocking turn of events, but EA Canada has taken over the soccer market in my opinion, and the release of FIFA 09 and PES 09 will most likely only further that.

# 5 spit_bubble @ 08/03/08 04:50 AM
As weak as PES 2008 is, it's still far better than FIFA 08 on the pitch.

It's a strange phenomenon to have EA push FIFA the past three years through the gaming press and various forums as being in contention with PES, only to have the collective unconscious somehow absorb this obvious error.

One would hope that the public would be more interested in guarding against such violations of the heart and mind. Instead they generally choose the easy way out and just surrender to the onslaught, all the while becoming champions of that which has deceived them!

They are like cattle... Nay, they are further astray...

# 6 Krebstar @ 08/03/08 04:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by koshi
As weak as PES 2008 is, it's still far better than FIFA 08 on the pitch.

It's a strange phenomenon to have EA push FIFA the past three years through the gaming press and various forums as being in contention with PES, only to have the collective unconscious somehow absorb this obvious error.

One would hope that the public would be more interested in guarding against such violations of the heart and mind. Instead they generally choose the easy way out and just surrender to the onslaught, all the while becoming champions of that which has deceived them!

They are like cattle... Nay, they are further astray...
If you're denying that FIFA is in contention with PES, then you're turning a blind eye because you're choosing to not believe what is in front of you. I'm not saying FIFA has surpassed PES in terms of gameplay, but I mean what I said in terms of them taking over the soccer market. They're on the verge of really doing something special, while PES is simply treading water and holding onto as much delusional fanboys as it possibly can.

PES could easy reclaim it's top position, but as for now, it's pretty much a toss up, but FIFA is about a foot taller, because they've shown they're making serious strides and we would all be fools if we deny that just based on some past thoughts of FIFA.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.