Home
News Post

Pasta Padre has posted more patch details for NCAA Football 09.

Quote:
"The complete list of what is being fixed in the second patch is now available thanks to producer Adam Thompson. This patch is expected to be submitted to MS/Sony today which means it could potentially arrive before September if things go smoothly."

Game: NCAA Football 09Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 95 - View All
NCAA Football 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 dkrause1971 @ 08/02/08 12:24 AM
Did this sentence make anyone else nervous-
"The first patch, which fixes the player editing issues, may be out as early as next week."

Maybe out as early as next week? Lord

# 2 mrprice33 @ 08/02/08 12:32 AM
well, if you've paid any attention to how the patch process works, it's in ms and sony's hands now, so they cannot give a definitive date. so yes, it may be out as early as next week, but sony/ms could delay it for whatever reason.

# 3 xV3L0CiTY @ 08/02/08 12:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkrause1971
Did this sentence make anyone else nervous-
"The first patch, which fixes the player editing issues, may be out as early as next week."

Maybe out as early as next week? Lord
You do realize "next week" is tomorrow...depending where you live.

# 4 janglar @ 08/02/08 12:57 AM
I ain't rolling the dice and downloading any buggy rosters off the net, I am ready to edit them myself like I do every year. I got 28 teams saved on 2 USB drives, and I can't get anymore due to the PS3 freezing or resetting anytime I try to add any more players. I got a question: All my profiles and rosters are saved on my USB drives. I copy them on to the PS3 hard drive to play 2 player games with the teams I have named and the user profiles. After we are done playing, I save the user profiles, copy the user profiles back onto the USB to update the records, and then erase the rosaters and profiles from my PS3 hard drive. Now, when the roster patch update does come out, I will be updating the patch onto the game with no edited rosters or profiles on the hard drive when the process is being performed. Now once the roster patch is downloaded to the game with no roster files on the hard drive when the patch was applied, can I then copy my saved rosters off the USB to the PS3 hard drive with no bugs? In other words, can I now edit the rest of my rosters with no freezes or resets or will I have to start all over again? Thank you anybody for taking my question

# 5 o 99 PROBL3MS o @ 08/02/08 01:00 AM
One of the problems with people rolling out alll day long is that the QB contain routes are busted. In NCAA 08 if I called a DE Contain i.e. as soon as the QB left the pocket the DE’s would attack him like “a bat out of hell” this kept people from rolling all over the field like they can in 09.
In NCAA 09 You can call DE contain or hot route a DE to a contain route and he will pretty much just stand and watch as the QB takes off. This was terribly dissappointing to me and also a huge reason why NCAA 09 is a “cheesers” dream. They can roll out and drop as deep as they want without consequence. I’m a little discouraged that the pass rush/qb contain wasn’t mentioned.

# 6 dkrause1971 @ 08/02/08 01:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by janglar
I ain't rolling the dice and downloading any buggy rosters off the net, I am ready to edit them myself like I do every year. I got 28 teams saved on 2 USB drives, and I can't get anymore due to the PS3 freezing or resetting anytime I try to add any more players. I got a question: All my profiles and rosters are saved on my USB drives. I copy them on to the PS3 hard drive to play 2 player games with the teams I have named and the user profiles. After we are done playing, I save the user profiles, copy the user profiles back onto the USB to update the records, and then erase the rosaters and profiles from my PS3 hard drive. Now, when the roster patch update does come out, I will be updating the patch onto the game with no edited rosters or profiles on the hard drive when the process is being performed. Now once the roster patch is downloaded to the game with no roster files on the hard drive when the patch was applied, can I then copy my saved rosters off the USB to the PS3 hard drive with no bugs? In other words, can I now edit the rest of my rosters with no freezes or resets or will I have to start all over again? Thank you anybody for taking my question
No, the patch will read the database of the roster when you load then regardless of where they are saved. You saving this stuff on a different drive is irrevelent. As to whether you'll have to start over- no one would know until the patch is out and the patch does that first database check for corruptions. We could have everyones fail or just a few. We don't know.

# 7 dkrause1971 @ 08/02/08 01:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xV3L0CiTY
Patches tend to be released on Tuesday thru Thursday for MS at least. And maybe next week- is different than next week. I am not complaining about it. Just concerns me as a roster editor than it could be well over another week before i could edit in peace.

# 8 Herky @ 08/02/08 01:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xV3L0CiTY
I think it's the "may be" part he's talking about. It "may be" out "as early" as next week.

# 9 NC State-31 UNC-27 @ 08/02/08 01:10 AM
I'm worried about the fumble while diving thing....that was bad a couple years ago as I remember it. Everytime your QB dives, good chance of a fumble...hope that doesn't return.

# 10 Bad_Intentions @ 08/02/08 01:24 AM
Glad to see some things being addressed, but I really would have liked to hear something about the pass rush/DE's and the defense in general defending the passing game. I'm tired of crap QB's ripping me to shreds.

# 11 VWarrior @ 08/02/08 02:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad_Intentions
Glad to see some things being addressed, but I really would have liked to hear something about the pass rush/DE's and the defense in general defending the passing game. I'm tired of crap QB's ripping me to shreds.
Working sliders should fix the pass rush issue and help make the passing game more realistic.

# 12 adembroski @ 08/02/08 02:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VWarrior
Working sliders should fix the pass rush issue and help make the passing game more realistic.
Working sliders will make this game heaven. I've been playing it like hell with broken sliders, and honestly, I already have the adjustments I'm going to need worked out. It's going to be one HELL of a game once those are in.

# 13 TheVinylHippo @ 08/02/08 03:20 AM
"Ball carrier will no longer run out of bounds when changing hands and heading towards the sidelines"

Thank god. That **** is so stupid when I see it happen.

# 14 adembroski @ 08/02/08 05:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by copecowboy
You do realise no one outside of america even knows what football is right and if they do they clown it so were not seeing it tomorrow bro
My diehard Ravens fan friend from Kilkenny would argue with you, considering American football is, at this moment, the fastest growing played sport in Ireland, England, Scotland, Ireland, and Japan.

It's still made fun of by the people who don't know anything about it, just as the Americans who don't know anything about soccer make fun of it... but it's growing enough that the NFL is strongly considering a Superbowl in London... they wouldn't be doing that if there weren't some momentum to capitalize on.

However, where you're right... other countries don't get NCAA football coverage.

# 15 VWarrior @ 08/02/08 09:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVinylHippo
"Ball carrier will no longer run out of bounds when changing hands and heading towards the sidelines"

Thank god. That **** is so stupid when I see it happen.
lol, I saw the CPU do that at least twice. It gave me a nice laugh every time!

# 16 thelasthurtknee @ 08/02/08 10:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boondock18
The only problem is that hardly any of it addresses online play. The strafe catch being worked out is definitely a positive, but properly working sliders does nothing for online play. The DE's are still going to fail on their qb contains, the Dline is still going to get pancaked constantly, and the running backs are still going to run free without any way of truly defending them.

This patch will do wonders for offline games and dynasties, but there is still a huge hole being left for those that play ranked online games and online dynasties.
with online ranked games your right but you are totally wrong about dynasty. you can put whatever sliders you want in dynasty. our online sliders for dynasty are amazing as there are no chop blocks and in hum vs. hum games we are avg. 2 pancakes a game. there is almost to much d. you will figure it out and as far a ranked games by just playing unranked on heisman default the game plays so much better. i don't even know how you could handle playing on aa when there is no d on that level. oh and after 5 weeks into our dynasty graham harrel leads the nation in accuracy with 59% pass percent. really good sliders.

# 17 xV3L0CiTY @ 08/02/08 11:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by copecowboy
You do realise no one outside of america even knows what football is right and if they do they clown it so were not seeing it tomorrow bro
No sh!t shirlock. I posted that at 1 am est. So not everywhere was it Saturday yet. West coast it was still Friday.

Did I say we were seeing it tomorrow? No.

I said "next week" starts tomorrow...it said it could be as early as "next week".

Obviously it won't be Sunday.

Just sayin'.

# 18 Gatfootball @ 08/02/08 11:28 AM
One of the bugs mentioned to be fixed in patch 2 is "missing stats when simming"

What exacty is that? Is it missing cpu stats or human also?

Thanks

# 19 Darkeus @ 08/02/08 01:44 PM
Never noticed any missing stats when simming. Don't sim a lot though. Is that for when you sim the CPU's games in Dynasty mode?? Guess I'll have to pay attention.

# 20 LSU1988 @ 08/04/08 03:08 PM
I have the ncaa rosters 09 and mines are fine i actually sent my mc off like pervious years I think its pastapadre the 1's who have the f*****up rosters and whats are ya'll talkin bout all these bugs not stopping the pass is not a bug its real life n college football

« Previous123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.