Home
News Post

Multiplayer.it has posted video footage of NBA 2K9.

NBA 2K9 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA 2K9 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NBA 2K9Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 72 - View All
NBA 2K9 Videos
Member Comments
# 181 Aces15 @ 08/10/08 01:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Furq
Actually without any numbers that's pretty reasonable

NBA court is 94 feet long

94/3= 31.3 yards

NFL players run the 40 yard dash all the time to judge speed, a .3 difference in speed is huge. Most fast players run something like a 4.4 second 40, with the difference between them being in the hundredths of a second.

With the smaller distance end to end combined with the likelihood that Rondo and another quick player are more similar in speed, even a .3 difference in speed would be huge
Thats exactly correct. At that short of a distance, the most important factor is not top speed, its actually accelleration. That is what makes the difference in speed between the big men and the small quick players, most of the time.

# 182 Glucky93 @ 08/11/08 01:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aces15
Thats exactly correct. At that short of a distance, the most important factor is not top speed, its actually accelleration. That is what makes the difference in speed between the big men and the small quick players, most of the time.
what exactly is acceleration

# 183 BTB @ 08/11/08 06:02 PM
Yet again a reminder to change Pierce's jumper. Thanks buddies

# 184 luv_mist @ 08/16/08 10:00 AM
Know I'm incredibly late and everyone is on the newest video but that video was impressive. I saw an solid update in the graphics, the movement was smoother, and the handling of the ball was more solid. The crowd also looks better. I figure that since it was a bootleg, it'll still have some of the older things in it. I hope the crowd noise is more realistic. Live has captured the crowd sound so nicely. The alley looked better too. I'm looking forward to what is given.

By the way, what does everyone consider to be presentation? I see people talking about it but I don't think everyone is on the same page of what presentation is when comparing the two games. What does it include to those who see a problem with the presentation??

# 185 ThaGenecyst @ 08/16/08 10:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by luv_mist
By the way, what does everyone consider to be presentation? I see people talking about it but I don't think everyone is on the same page of what presentation is when comparing the two games. What does it include to those who see a problem with the presentation??
To me.. presentation includes crowd atmosphere, on the court sounds, commentary, action replays, on the court cut scenes, half time shows, and end of game shows. IMO, the only thing that 2k lacks in is commentary and crowd sounds (when compared to it's main competitor) but they're good enough for me, especially when I consider the overall package that 2k brings

# 186 SageInfinite @ 08/16/08 10:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaGenecyst
To me.. presentation includes crowd atmosphere, on the court sounds, commentary, action replays, on the court cut scenes, half time shows, and end of game shows. IMO, the only thing that 2k lacks in is commentary and crowd sounds (when compared to it's main competitor) but they're good enough for me, especially when I consider the overall package that 2k brings

# 187 luv_mist @ 08/16/08 11:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaGenecyst

From what it sounds, a few people don't incorporate all of that. I thought they were pretty solid or average in most of those things. Their crowd sounds were great when they were at the appropriate time but they were so far down the alphabet when they were out of place, it took me out of the element in playing a game.

Cut-scenes were okay but could have been better tweaked. They need to focus on setting up 3 types of cut-scenes that would create what the player wants to see. There could be the frequent cutscenes that show about every worthy play. Then there could be the occasional cut-scene where they show it about once every 3-4 plays if they are replay worthy. Then they could do the television-style cut-scenes where they show them during timeouts, stoppage plays, or "commercial" interruptions. Would be closer to once every 5 minutes if that. That way, they wouldn't have to worry about the commentary during replays as much. Just a thought.

Half-time shows, on-court cut-scenes, court sounds, and end of the game highlights are pretty solid. Could definitely still use the improvements every year.

The commentary and the crowd reaction is so flipping spotty. I think they get a C+ in their presentation. That commentary really brings them the heck down as well as the crowd inconsistency. Thanks for clearing that up. Hope they improved.......

# 188 Eddie1967 @ 08/17/08 02:05 AM
Looks awesome. Love the animation on the steal. Looks to be another great year for 2k basketball. Can't wait till it's in my hands.
First 2k9 hockey and now this. It can't get any better!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.