Home
News Post

Patch #1 is available for NCAA Football 09.

NCAA Football 09 screenshot gallery - Click to view NCAA Football 09 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NCAA Football 09Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 95 - View All
NCAA Football 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 161 jerryrice4949 @ 08/06/08 09:59 PM
As a PS3 owner I feel like have been patient up to this point. But I think the word incompetence might be appropriate now. And how much does all the time of making patch one (now fixing it for the PS3), developing patch 2 and fixing the online servers, effect what will be in the game next year with all the lost time.

# 162 blessed1stylez @ 08/06/08 10:15 PM
so much for having draft classes for my madden franchise

# 163 MSchneider84 @ 08/06/08 10:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
Ok! I'm betting no.
Haha, ok, we got 1 for no.

# 164 xV3L0CiTY @ 08/06/08 10:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryrice4949
As a PS3 owner I feel like have been patient up to this point. But I think the word incompetence might be appropriate now. And how much does all the time of making patch one (now fixing it for the PS3), developing patch 2 and fixing the online servers, effect what will be in the game next year with all the lost time.
My thoughts exactly.

Lost time on NCAA '10...which just means my hopes for it are less and less.

If they would catch a majority of the problems before it's released through the QA depar..........oh wait, that's us.

# 165 OkieTC @ 08/06/08 10:36 PM
I think it is irresponsible for EA and Sony to keep us guessing as to the release date of the PS3 patch. Why keep saying 3 to 5 days when thats just not the case. Just be honest and tell us to maybe expect patch #1 in our Christmas stockings and I'll quit looking for it everyday, trade in my PS3 for an X-Box and move on.

# 166 elroyb @ 08/06/08 11:31 PM
How do I delete a roster from my console and add a different one. I want to replace one with Fairdales Thanks

# 167 HanksKnightQB11 @ 08/06/08 11:34 PM
I got another update right now? That's 2 updates that I've gotten??

# 168 babyfat9 @ 08/06/08 11:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HanksKnightQB11
I got another update right now? That's 2 updates that I've gotten??
Are u sure it's not a systems update rather than NCAA 09 update?

# 169 CDowns430 @ 08/06/08 11:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrel
I don't know if this is the right place to ask this (maybe this needs its own thread?), but if you know, could you tell us what is involved in the certification process? Why does it take so long (or why did it take so long this time)?

How long did Sony know about this "small issue"? If a while, why did they wait until now to let you know about it? Is this something the Microsoft certifiers missed?

Could you elaborate on the quicker resubmission process?

Any way you could convince Sony and Microsoft to speed up the process with the second patch or give it more priority (aside from a bribe, unless EA is willing to do so)?
The certification process basically is:
1. Our internal guys test it
2. EA central QA (CQC) tests it
3. Microsoft/Sony (3rd Party) tests it
4. MS puts the patch up/Sony tells me I can put the patch up

Step one doesn't take very long usually because our guys are committed to our game. CQC takes a little longer usually because they also have to worry about other EA titles. 3rd Party takes even longer than that, because they have to worry about every single title on the platform.

I won't discuss what the small issue is right now, and trust me, you don't want me to. Ask me again in a couple months... you'll laugh, I promise. I will say it was a PS3 only type of thing, so it wasn't a factor on 360.

The fact that our guys, CQC, and Sony have all looked at the patch already means they won't need to be as extensive with it when it comes back through. We're trying to leverage the fastest possible turnaround with Sony by playing the "360 already has it" card.

The second patch should still be on schedule for both platforms.

# 170 HanksKnightQB11 @ 08/06/08 11:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by babyfat9
Are u sure it's not a systems update rather than NCAA 09 update?
It asked when i booted up NCAA.

# 171 babyfat9 @ 08/06/08 11:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HanksKnightQB11
It asked when i booted up NCAA.
I think the 2nd update was a systems update...but i could be wrong.

# 172 warhorseballa06 @ 08/07/08 01:58 AM
is there a number i can call EA and Sony for their "procrastinations"?
lol

# 173 Spanky @ 08/07/08 02:46 AM
Question from someone who's not well-versed on patches and on-line stuff: I have a silver account and just downloaded the patch. But I have four profiles on my 360, only one of which has an X-Box Live account (the one I used to download the patch). Does this mean whenever I play NCAA I have to be signed on under this username to get the effects of the patch, or is the patch now incorporated into the 360 and will work with any profile I'm signed under?

The reason I'm wondering is because my NCAA 09 settings and stats and highlights, etc. are under a different profile and don't show up when I'm signed on as the profile that has the Live account.

I hope this makes sense.

# 174 countryboy @ 08/07/08 08:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by senfgastn
I guess it's not their job to not make buggy software...If you were paying $60.00 for filet mignon and ordered it medium rare, but it was cooked to well done, would you be saying, "The chef did his best,"?
when the chef has to put in thousands upon thousands of line codes just to get my steak to cook on the grill, then we can use this analogy. Until then...

# 175 OkieTC @ 08/07/08 08:14 AM
1. I don't think I'll laugh when I find out what the small issue with the 1st patch is. EA may think this is a joke but I don't.
2. We payed our money for an obviously horribly flawed game. Didn't that earn us the right for full disclosure on these patches?
3. Just tell us what the holdup is and give us an accurate time frame to expect patch 1 and patch 2.
That really doesn't seem like too much to ask...does it?

# 176 dlamb919 @ 08/07/08 09:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDowns430
The certification process basically is:
1. Our internal guys test it
2. EA central QA (CQC) tests it
3. Microsoft/Sony (3rd Party) tests it
4. MS puts the patch up/Sony tells me I can put the patch up

Step one doesn't take very long usually because our guys are committed to our game. CQC takes a little longer usually because they also have to worry about other EA titles. 3rd Party takes even longer than that, because they have to worry about every single title on the platform.

I won't discuss what the small issue is right now, and trust me, you don't want me to. Ask me again in a couple months... you'll laugh, I promise. I will say it was a PS3 only type of thing, so it wasn't a factor on 360.

The fact that our guys, CQC, and Sony have all looked at the patch already means they won't need to be as extensive with it when it comes back through. We're trying to leverage the fastest possible turnaround with Sony by playing the "360 already has it" card.

The second patch should still be on schedule for both platforms.
I don't think any PS3 owner would laugh at this issue. What I don't understand is how is it possible for this "small issue" to get through the most dedicated of the testers to move on to Sony, where they spot this "small issue"? How does this happen? Maybe your guys should look more extensive at the problems, this would have solved hours/days where you and your guys could be developing 2010.

I'm an accountant - I review my work, give it to my supervisor, where if there are problems I get it back (even if I miss a $ sign). Then that goes on to my supervisor's superivsor, and on and on. This is the same process, but I've never had a "small issue" get through to the partner of the firm. If so, I would lose my job, not the case at EA?

Since there have been so many problems on these games in the past few years, why not give out beta version or demo (more extensive) earlier and then hear the complaints and then solve the issues before the release date. hell, move the release date back a month so you could catch these issues.

Don't get me wrong, I still love this game, but come on... serisouly?

# 177 MSchneider84 @ 08/07/08 09:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlamb919
I don't think any PS3 owner would laugh at this issue. What I don't understand is how is it possible for this "small issue" to get through the most dedicated of the testers to move on to Sony, where they spot this "small issue"? How does this happen? Maybe your guys should look more extensive at the problems, this would have solved hours/days where you and your guys could be developing 2010.

I'm an accountant - I review my work, give it to my supervisor, where if there are problems I get it back (even if I miss a $ sign). Then that goes on to my supervisor's superivsor, and on and on. This is the same process, but I've never had a "small issue" get through to the partner of the firm. If so, I would lose my job, not the case at EA?

Since there have been so many problems on these games in the past few years, why not give out beta version or demo (more extensive) earlier and then hear the complaints and then solve the issues before the release date. hell, move the release date back a month so you could catch these issues.

Don't get me wrong, I still love this game, but come on... serisouly?
Obviously all the EA developers own 360's. Duh.

# 178 dlamb919 @ 08/07/08 09:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSchneider84
Obviously all the EA developers own 360's. Duh.
Touche sir touche

# 179 icicle22 @ 08/07/08 09:41 AM
Does it occur to anyone who is mocking this "little glitch" that is holding up the PS3 patch that the problem may not have been apparent until Sony went to put it on their system to test? It could be as simple as a few bytes of code that caused no issues internally with EA had a different effect on the Sony System? Heck, the problem could be with the code that delivers the patch to your system, and not a "glitch" in the game code itself.

All I am getting at is that sometimes problems do not become apparent until you move a product into its final destination. All the testing in the world does not always 100% guarentee that when a product is moved to another location (real or virtual in this case) some new issue may not arise.

Having said that.....I am a 360 owner so it is obviously easier for me to be patient and see this for what it is.

Peace.

# 180 bconey23 @ 08/07/08 09:41 AM
I agree, I dont see ONE THING FUNNY about reserving a game, waiting for it for months, end up paying $64.19 for it(FLA tax included) and then get it home that night and notice the basic of things, editing my depth chart doesn't work. Then I hear of a patch being released, and here I am 23 days after release date, and still have the same issue. I dont care how small the issue is, its not going to be funny, ESPECIALLY knowing that friends of mine that have 360 have gotten the patch, as of two days ago, and have moved on waiting for YET ANOTHER PATCH TO FIX GAMEPLAY ISSUES. I understand making a game is very complex, time consuming, and everything can't be caught, but this many issues is kinda sad. I only play college football, stopped playing Madden with the released of NCAA 02, so I look forward to this game every year, and this year, I have all these issues that I keep hearing are going to be fixed in a week, 5 days, 10 days, NOW 20+ DAYS, and guess what NO FIX...Back to the "being funny" comment, how is it funny that after testing with EA (a few stages) that a "small issue" pops up, what does that say about EA's so called testing!!!

Just an FYI in closing, I started a Dynasty with Lanteri87 rosters with 116 teams finished. The names stay there, and FIU is fine, but I have to fix my depth chart after every game, because it goes back to default each and everytime.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.