Home
News Post

Gamespot has posted the following:

Game: NHL 09Reader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 47 - View All
NHL 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 mudtiger @ 08/15/08 12:35 AM
There's actually a pass in the vid that goes off a guy's stick to the defense. Very nice, specially because that has to be on the lower difficulty level I think because the player tips show up while playing.

# 2 akula @ 08/15/08 12:36 AM
looks oh so similar to 08...

# 3 mudtiger @ 08/15/08 12:38 AM
That has to be on rookie so I don't think you're going to see a lot of the defensive stuff which seems to be the major changes on ice this year. Plus you just know the gs guys playing probably aren't that excited about lifting the stick or dump and chase hockey, they just want to show goals.

# 4 pontus @ 08/15/08 06:10 AM
What is that pop-up after the first goal?

# 5 Shockgeez04 @ 08/15/08 10:12 AM
the pop ups are hints, the lowest difficulty is like a tutorial now where they are constantly feeding tips so you can improve since the learning curve is a bit high on the higher difficulty settings

# 6 kt-od @ 08/15/08 10:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by akula
looks oh so similar to 08...
But that's a good thing. 08 was a great game. The only thing that really needed fixed was the defensive gameplay, the fighting engine, a little presentation short comings. It looks like they have moved forward in that. So I don't understand why it looking alot like 08 is a bad thing.

# 7 born_bad @ 08/15/08 10:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kt-od
But that's a good thing. 08 was a great game. The only thing that really needed fixed was the defensive gameplay, the fighting engine, a little presentation short comings. It looks like they have moved forward in that. So I don't understand why it looking alot like 08 is a bad thing.
I loved 08, too, but to charge $60 for NHL 08.5 is an issue for some. Some people are fine to buy a tweaked version of last year's game that addresses some gameplay issues and leaves everything else unchanged. Some people want that plus some new things in other areas, too... some new cut-scenes, commentary, etc. From what I've seen so far, it looks just like 08 as far as presentation goes and I'm hearing re-hashed commentary from 08.

I just hope not every shot hits the posts again like in 08. From the vids I've seen, I'm still seeing it being way overdone.

# 8 buzzguy @ 08/18/08 03:30 PM
Nice. Just wish the resolution was a little better on the GS video.

You know, they should thrown an "octopus removal" mini-game in next year.

# 9 savoie2006 @ 08/18/08 03:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by born_bad
I loved 08, too, but to charge $60 for NHL 08.5 is an issue for some. Some people are fine to buy a tweaked version of last year's game that addresses some gameplay issues and leaves everything else unchanged. Some people want that plus some new things in other areas, too... some new cut-scenes, commentary, etc. From what I've seen so far, it looks just like 08 as far as presentation goes and I'm hearing re-hashed commentary from 08.

I just hope not every shot hits the posts again like in 08. From the vids I've seen, I'm still seeing it being way overdone.
I would hardly call 09 08.5.The inclusion of a new checking system,flip dumps,stick lift,and improved poke checking,not to mention BE A PRO and EASHL.Yeah the video makes it seem similar and in ways I'm sure it is,but as said that's not a bad thing.Take into strong consideration,you watched a 2 minute video,so we haven't even began to hear the new commentary that is in the game.

# 10 rellix1 @ 08/18/08 03:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzguy
You know, they should thrown an "octopus removal" mini-game in next year.
Sounds like something they'd put in 2K10

# 11 savoie2006 @ 08/18/08 03:39 PM
Oh and as far as post shots go,do any of you ever lower the shot accuracy to Zero?I did this for 08 and saw far less post shots.

# 12 Qb @ 08/18/08 03:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mudtiger
There's actually a pass in the vid that goes off a guy's stick to the defense. Very nice, specially because that has to be on the lower difficulty level I think because the player tips show up while playing.
I saw that as well. I rewound it several times just to confirm.

# 13 kerosene31 @ 08/18/08 04:35 PM
I hate human v human for gameplay videos. Doesn't really tell you much. The game is going to play however they play it.

It still looks like a one-timer fest though.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.