Home
Madden 09 News Post

Feel free to discuss the patch here. According to EA's Phil Frazier, this is what the patch addressed.

Quote:
  • Changed default quarter length of online leagues to 5 minutes.
  • Solved a very rare stability issue that occured when using a couple of playbooks.
  • Eliminated a button mashing glitch during high latency online games.
  • Eliminated a stability issue that sometimes occured while viewing the player HUB in online leagues.
  • Fixed a tricky disc eject glitch that occured at specific points of online games.
  • Kick Return Tuning - made improvements to help reduce frequent long kick returns.
  • Safety Tuning - eliminated issue where safeties in deep zone coverage would sometimes not react to a run to their side.
  • The game skill slider for interceptions was tuned to amplify it's affect.

Game: Madden NFL 09Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: NDS / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 88 - View All
Madden NFL 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 Vikes1 @ 08/17/08 01:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Press A on the Pass Defense Slider.
Thanks Roadman.

# 42 thescoop @ 08/17/08 11:10 AM
Well, I know it wasn't claimed to be apart of this patch, but I've not had a freeze since the patch. I'm keeping my fingers crossed this remains the case cause I do love the game itself.

That said, I am disappointed to learn there is no preseason player progression. That is a little disappointing, but at least now I know to just sim preseason games.

# 43 brendanrfoley @ 08/17/08 11:16 AM
I get a couple false starts a game, as well as a hold or two. But I haven't seen any facemasking, pass interference or defense of holding.

# 44 SoxFan01605 @ 08/17/08 12:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brendanrfoley
I get a couple false starts a game, as well as a hold or two. But I haven't seen any facemasking, pass interference or defense of holding.
I've seen all of these, although I'd agree that the frequency isn't very realistic. This is really my only beef with Madden...sliders. Do I understand why they'd reduce penalties, yes. I know many casual (and even not so casual) gamers don't want constant penalties and I completely get that. I just want to see the sliders have more effect. I can play with penalty sliders maxed or almost completely reduced and the results seem to be the same (although clipping seems to change more than others). Anyway, I just wish the sliders had a more tangable effect.

# 45 brendanrfoley @ 08/17/08 01:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
I've seen all of these, although I'd agree that the frequency isn't very realistic. This is really my only beef with Madden...sliders. Do I understand why they'd reduce penalties, yes. I know many casual (and even not so casual) gamers don't want constant penalties and I completely get that. I just want to see the sliders have more effect. I can play with penalty sliders maxed or almost completely reduced and the results seem to be the same (although clipping seems to change more than others). Anyway, I just wish the sliders had a more tangable effect.
I can agree with that. Thankfully, and hopefully, the "effect" a slider has can be updated in a patch if they choose to do so. I'd like to see a few more Pass Interference calls, truthfully.

# 46 rock85 @ 08/17/08 01:46 PM
Maybe its just the game i had but i'm noticing the QB's are not as accurate as before the patch. I played the Seahawks and Hassleback was all over the place with his passes( over throwing throwing wide) I don't know if it had anything to do with the patch or it was just that game. I played a good amount of games and i have not seen the CPU QB's ever throw like that

# 47 JayD @ 08/17/08 01:55 PM
Maybe if you set all penalties to 95 then more will get called like in NCAA 09. Has anyone tried this?

# 48 X*Cell @ 08/17/08 05:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamehead
I have. It really doesn't make a difference. Given how they don't work, I don't know why they even bother to give the illusion of having them in there in the first place.
agreed... I've never seen a Clipping call in Madden in my life. Yet the slider is at 100 or 95... ridiculous.

# 49 BleacherCreature @ 08/17/08 06:03 PM
I dunno, I get what seems like one false start on every drive.
That makes for a rough game for me since I lose yards on every running play so I'm usually faced with a 3rd and eons.
I have also had pass interference and holding called on the CPU every so often. Not as often as it probably should though.

# 50 X*Cell @ 08/17/08 06:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BleacherCreature
I dunno, I get what seems like one false start on every drive.
That makes for a rough game for me since I lose yards on every running play so I'm usually faced with a 3rd and eons.
I have also had pass interference and holding called on the CPU every so often. Not as often as it probably should though.
yeah i get a few of those... but what about the other ones?

# 51 Millennium @ 08/17/08 06:45 PM
I am 2-3 in my Ravens franchise, and am middle of the league in penalties. My last game against the Titans I saw my first clipping penalty of the season (which is fine considering it is almost never called in real life). I ended up with 7 penalties for 72 yards, that included the 15 yard clipping, a defensive pass interference, 3 false starts, 1 offsides, and a facemask. The Titans had 2 holdings, a false start, and 2 encroachment/offsides penalties.

I have my penalties all set to 95. I am simply not seeing any issues with the penalties in this game.

# 52 rock85 @ 08/17/08 07:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by X*Cell
agreed... I've never seen a Clipping call in Madden in my life. Yet the slider is at 100 or 95... ridiculous.
I have gotten a clipping call. Like Mill said it really doesn't happen all that much in the NFL so i am ok with it

# 53 BleacherCreature @ 08/17/08 08:34 PM
Quote:
but what about the other ones?
I've roughed the passer a few times (mainly out of frustration) and have had a tiny amount of holding calls, but nothing close to the number of calls you'd see in an NFL game.

# 54 The 24th Letter @ 08/17/08 11:52 PM
the safety fix seems to help , if you play w\o it its pretty noticable how much standing they did lol....

# 55 Giants2003 @ 08/18/08 12:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rock85
Maybe its just the game i had but i'm noticing the QB's are not as accurate as before the patch. I played the Seahawks and Hassleback was all over the place with his passes( over throwing throwing wide) I don't know if it had anything to do with the patch or it was just that game. I played a good amount of games and i have not seen the CPU QB's ever throw like that
Yea same here.I am SF and playing the Hawks and ive picked Haselback 4 times in the first half alone. Hes only 1 for like 9 so far this game. BTW I am using my skills and im at 470 ish. My pass D is my lowest slider setting but now it might be going up

# 56 johnnyg83 @ 08/19/08 02:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Press A on the Pass Defense Slider.
Holy chihuahua.

I didn't realize there're sliders within sliders. Thanks!

# 57 caponesgun @ 08/19/08 05:31 PM
The fact that player progression was not speedily fixed is disappointing imo. It ruins any franchise..which is 65% of the game to me. I returned my special edition of PS3 as it makes franchise unplayable beyond one season.

# 58 coachlem @ 08/20/08 02:32 AM
will they ever patch up the improvement of players in franchise??? they need to make it where if my player is a 80 as a rookie and leads the league in tackles, he needs to be like patrick willis and become a 93 or sumthin like that by the end of the season

# 59 RoyalBoyle78 @ 08/20/08 08:41 AM
Is there anyword on Patch 2 is any?

# 60 thudias @ 08/20/08 11:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballForever
Is there anyword on Patch 2 is any?
not that I have seen yet.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.