Home
News Post

EA Sports has updated their NHL 09 blog with a ton of video blogs.

Quote:
"I make a blind backhand pass that gets picked off followed by the cpu rushing a bad pass that goes behind his player and misses. This year, you really have to be conscious of your passes and make the smart hockey play. Blind backhand passes under pressure will be slower and less accurate thus more susceptible to being picked off. After making this mistake once or twice, I guarantee that you'll learn that you have to use your defensive partner as an outlet or try to skate it around the net yourself. The fact that you have to make the right 'hockey plays' are something that we're very proud of as it's one of the things that we set out to achieve at the start of this cycle."

Member Comments
# 41 JimmyDeicide @ 08/21/08 11:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
Nice to see the d-men working to clear the front of the net.
Hopefully, MY d-men will be doing the same, so I can control a winger this year instead of having to always do that myself.

Looks good.

M.K.
Knight165

Clear the net ? the d man cross checks his man to the blue line , it was rediculous, errr make a damn call ref , in 3 of those vids there where blatent penalties, no call.
Forecheck vid-boarding
Clearing the net-interferencce ,crosschecking,roughing pick one.
The last vid he says it was marginal how about took his head off before the puck was near him - interference, rough elbowing ,high stick at least double minor or major and with the injury maybe a match?

I can only hope more penalties are called in 09 and k9 while were at it.

# 42 SoCal-Phenom @ 08/22/08 04:33 PM
Looks Good Indeed. Lauren Belfoy I'm referring to

lol can't wait for NHL 09. EA is certainly making marked strides in their NHL franchise.........

# 43 Qb @ 08/24/08 03:59 PM
Pretty sure the gray indicator is the CPU. The human ones are orange, blue, green, etc...

I agree that in 08 your AI teammates did not do enough on their own in the offensive zone. You HAD to create plays to get some good movement and net crashing. I wish their was a way to import our created plays into 09, as I had some sweet ones for cycling in the zone and a killer back door PP one...

# 44 MizzouRah @ 08/24/08 09:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottdau
Sweet vids. I hope they get the names right this year. Thorne messed up on so many names last year. I wish EA would learn how to say the players names and help Thorne with them. I thought Clements would help him, but he didn't. Maybe they aren't there the same time? I know Thorne has been out of the loop in real hockey for awhile. I got so tired of him butchering Michalek's name.
Hey.. Lee Corso says "Ferret Field" in NCAA.. cracks me up everytime I hear him say it.

« Previous 123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.