Home
News Post

Patch #2 for NCAA Football 09 is available, post your impressions here.

Game: NCAA Football 09Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 95 - View All
NCAA Football 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 NEW_ORLEANS @ 08/20/08 08:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTigLSU
Thats great... Thanks for the info

This is off topic but I heard today that EA will be moving some of their studios to Baton Rouge... is NCAA one of those studies because I would like to find out about being a tester...
Yeah i seen it on the news too.

# 62 rckabillyRaider @ 08/20/08 08:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAZRr1275
Is there a way we could start this thread over?
EA Rewind feature!!

# 63 RAZRr1275 @ 08/20/08 08:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rckabillyRaider
No. Only Madden has the Rewind feature
I'd love to have a rewind button at os. That would benefit.

Anyway I can't wait to see what this patch does when it comes out for ps3

# 64 The GIGGAS @ 08/20/08 08:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rckabillyRaider
EA Rewind feature!!
OS Rewind.

# 65 bluengold34_OS @ 08/20/08 08:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAZRr1275
Is there a way we could start this thread over?

If it wasn't already 70post deep, I would seriously consider it!

# 66 RAZRr1275 @ 08/20/08 08:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ka520
OK, sorry for the dumb question. I have a PS3 & I've never downloaded a patch. How do I do it? Thanks.
when your have your ps3 online you start up the game. It automatically loads if I remember correctly

# 67 RAZRr1275 @ 08/20/08 09:04 PM
Quote:
OK, I'll give it a shot & see if I notice anything different. Thanks.
The patch isn't out yet.

# 68 ed_cota @ 08/20/08 09:11 PM
I have come to the conclusion that although I am upset just like many of my fellow PS3 users that our patch comes out so much later than the 360, at least we don't have to a pay a monthly subscription to play online. Sometimes patience is a bitch but what can u do?

# 69 rolltide1017 @ 08/20/08 09:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
I would imagine the PS3 version will drop tomorrow night along with the normal update.
HA! That's what they said about the first one and we all know what happen to it.

I think we PS3 users will be lucky to see it drop by September knowing how Sony likes to drag there feet with everything.

# 70 callmetaternuts @ 08/20/08 09:22 PM
Wow, sorry i came back in this thread. Went from patch talk to PS3 talk to....... i dont even know what you call that.......

# 71 rckabillyRaider @ 08/20/08 09:29 PM
The things a patch can do to some people is amazing.

# 72 StudiousSquid @ 08/20/08 09:30 PM
I was just wondering if the fixes in the current patch will make all the current slider sets out there obsolete?

Almost all the sliders out there have equal settings for the Human and the CPU. Now that the patch comes out one might find that their 40/40 Pass Accuracy or 50/50 break block ect makes the cpu too powerful.

If thats the case it might take a few weeks again till the slider gurus are done remaking their sliders from scratch.

Then again the current pre-patch sliders might continue working even after the download?

# 73 kbmnm247 @ 08/20/08 09:31 PM
just a quick and very appreciative "THANK YOU" to EA for doing these two patches so fast and so all encompassing.

I was having fun with the game before this but if it truly fixes the gaming exploits and small problems that the game did have then this game will truly be amazing.

once again, thanks for listening to the community and acting upon it.... now keep it up!

THANKS!

# 74 RAZRr1275 @ 08/20/08 09:34 PM
Quote:
The 1st one is though. Isn't it?
yes it is.

# 75 Ward17Dunn28 @ 08/20/08 09:34 PM
So what is going on with CPU throwing the deep ball and the pass rush? Patch 3? Or is that on next years game?

# 76 doctorhay53 @ 08/20/08 09:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StudiousSquid
I was just wondering if the fixes in the current patch will make all the current slider sets out there obsolete?

Almost all the sliders out there have equal settings for the Human and the CPU. Now that the patch comes out one might find that their 40/40 Pass Accuracy or 50/50 break block ect makes the cpu too powerful.

If thats the case it might take a few weeks again till the slider gurus are done remaking their sliders from scratch.

Then again the current pre-patch sliders might continue working even after the download?
1) I'm not convinced that human and CPU both react exactly the same way to the hum sliders.

2) There are some changes to pass defense that will have to be taken into account.

In other words, it will definitely be a couple of days for people to get their sliders hashed out. But it won't be too long.

# 77 mdgoalie37 @ 08/20/08 09:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StudiousSquid

Depends on if they also changed the effect the slider has. Meaning that if they made any edit to the pass blocker slider effect to make it make a larger impact on the ratings, if you leave the CPU pass block slider at 0 you may see a sack on every play.

I've been changing the CPU/Human sliders for a few things each possession anyway - my plan to to just make those changes and play a few Plan Now games and see if there is a difference.

Adam - can you say one way or the other if the impact a slider has on that area was adjusted at all?

# 78 mgoblue678 @ 08/20/08 09:45 PM
Pretty funny, people thinking things in the game like the pass rush will be fixed when they aren't listed as fixes.

# 79 The GIGGAS @ 08/20/08 09:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue678
Pretty funny, people thinking things in the game like the pass rush will be fixed when they aren't listed as fixes.
Well, we'll have working sliders to try and do something about it.

# 80 mgoblue678 @ 08/20/08 09:55 PM
^^^Human sliders worked for both you and the cpu as is. Putting human pass block at 0 still had minimal effect. So please explain to me how simple separating the human and cpu pass block slider without increasing it's effectiveness will have any impact on the pass rush. The o-line and d-line interaction is simply broken and needs a overhaul for future games. Hell just give me the interaction from last year's game.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.