Home
News Post

Patch #2 for NCAA Football 09 is available, post your impressions here.

Game: NCAA Football 09Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 95 - View All
NCAA Football 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 161 ExtremeGamer @ 08/21/08 08:11 AM
My only impression.. Where's the online dynasty's from EASportsWorld? Still can't view them there. Any ideas?

# 162 rudyjuly2 @ 08/21/08 08:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankees022
I got the patch at 5:05 ET. I'm surprised that it has not released for you guys. The kick returning IMO has improved very little. Kick returners still get out to the 35-40 yard line but I have stopped them between the 25-30 yard line about 3 times. The screens for the HB are still the same but they have improved for the WR. The HB's stop and wait for a second then run out. I'm doing this in practice mode by the way. That's all I've noticed so far.
You do realize that the average starting point after kickoff returns in college is around the 32 yard line right? Those numbers aren't out of line and working sliders should help if they are a little off.

I don't even have an issue with the kickoff returns now for the most part. Its the punt returns that were horrible. It was way too easy to return punts at over 20 yards a pop. How is the coverage on those?

# 163 KG @ 08/21/08 08:19 AM
Only played a qtr and really didnt mess too much with sliders but the kickoff coverage was much better. Saw 3 of 'em not reach past 30yd line.

# 164 BigDuke @ 08/21/08 08:21 AM
The KR/PR seems to be better, especially punt returns.

Just to see if the pass rush was helped at all due to the other fixes, I put my settings on All-American, with the human and CPU pass block sliders set at 0 and both break block sliders set at 100. Everything else was at 50.

I played Temple vs Georgia (me). Temple sacked Stafford 3 times. I only sacked Temple 1 time on a busted HB screen. I blitzed about 50% of the downs. The problem was Temple's QB would pass to a slot receiver or TE .25 seconds after the snap every time, especially on a blitz. It didn't matter how covered the receiver was, the QB would still throw the ball. It's impossible for a defender to reach the quarterback that fast.

# 165 KG @ 08/21/08 08:21 AM
Kickoff coverage has been drastically improved.

I was playing with CPU RB Ability up at 80 and they were pretty good on Heisman but a lot of it felt like the old Heisman level where your players get to the ball but their RB breaks a crazy amount of tackles.

# 166 countryboy @ 08/21/08 08:31 AM
guys please post impressions in the thread linked below.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ns-thread.html

Wanna try to keep this thread clear so that those who need help downloading can ask here and PS3 owners can get info as to when the patch will be available to them.

Thank you

-CB

# 167 noplace @ 08/21/08 08:31 AM
Sliders? Are they working for both now? Good news on the special teams, that was my major issue along with sliders.

# 168 jaydee6385 @ 08/21/08 08:35 AM
OHHH!. I like the CPU throwing deep on me. Caught me off guard. It woke me up.

# 169 SportGamer24 @ 08/21/08 08:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydee6385
OHHH!. I like the CPU throwing deep on me. Caught me off guard. It woke me up.
That's part of the patch?

# 170 mgoblue678 @ 08/21/08 08:37 AM
^^^That was one game, you don't judge teams based on one game. After those first couple of games the d-line played very well. That same d-line was all over Tim Tebo for most of the game in the bowl game. They pressured him all game. Michigan d-line should dominate a team like Arkansas State easily. And for the record App State is a hell of alot better than Arkansas State.

# 171 mgoblue678 @ 08/21/08 08:39 AM
^^^No but keep in mind he also said the pass rush was improved when it is clearly not.

# 172 Vince @ 08/21/08 08:40 AM
can someone try lowering the cpu accuracy sliders along with the pass rush and seeing if robotic QB man is still in effect.

# 173 mgoblue678 @ 08/21/08 08:44 AM
^^^It was related to the game if you actually read the thread. He was trying to say Arkansas State's o-line should be dominating Michigan's d-line in the game because it sucks, I was simply argueing that the Mich's d-line in the game and real life is actually pretty good. So I really don't give a crap what you think because it was related to the game so techinally the only one cluttering is you.

Sorry I was unaware that any mention of the real thing in a college football game forum were not allowed even if they related to the game.

# 174 bluengold34_OS @ 08/21/08 08:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
can someone try lowering the cpu accuracy sliders along with the pass rush and seeing if robotic QB man is still in effect.
Vince, what level do you want the test done on. I am playing on AA right now deafult sliders and the here are the stats for the computer

Crane for Boston College at half time against ND at ND

12-18 101 yrds 1 td 1 int 1 fumble

# 175 Vince @ 08/21/08 08:47 AM
I noticed less Robo QBMan in All-American so I think the test would be better in that level...Maybe putting both sliders at zero and seeing what effect it now has with sliders actually working.

Thanks

# 176 Bumble14 @ 08/21/08 08:48 AM
Would you guys mind posting in list format what the patch did, and did not improve. I think it would make it a lot easier for us guys stuck at work who have not DL'd the patch to get impressions. Please touch on the bullet points laid out by OMT that the new patch was supposed to address.

# 177 mgoblue678 @ 08/21/08 08:49 AM
I just tested with cpu pass blocking at 0 and human break block at 100 and Michigan's d-line was still getting pancaked, thrown to the ground and chopped by Arkansas State's o-line on almost every play. So no the patch did not fix the pass rush at all.

The pass rush was not listed in the patch and Adam already confirmed they weren't touching the pass rush so I have no idea why people thought the patch would fix it anyways.

# 178 bluengold34_OS @ 08/21/08 08:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
I noticed less Robo QBMan in All-American so I think the test would be better in that level...Maybe putting both sliders at zero and seeing what effect it now has with sliders actually working.

Thanks
I am doing that now, I will post the difference between stats for halftime. I played the first half on default AA, the second half I will play with those two sliders at 0...and post the difference.

# 179 rudyjuly2 @ 08/21/08 08:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue678
I just tested with cpu pass blocking at 0 and human break block at 100 and Michigan's d-line was still getting pancaked, thrown to the ground and chopped by Arkansas State's o-line on almost every play. So no the patch did not fix the pass rush at all.
What level do you play on? The cpu pass blocking has always been insane on Heisman and I don't expect that to change or be fixed by the patch. You will see much better results on AA unless that's too easy for you.

Could people please post the difficulty level they play on when making statements? It would be easier for some of us that eagerly reading impressions.

Edit: I see from another post you are playing on Heisman. In all honesty, that level will not recreate a good pass rush for you. Its always been a problem on Heisman imo and is just a little worse this year. I would suggest massively tweaking AA to make the cpu tougher rather than play on Heisman. You can avoid some of these problems that way unless its simply too easy for you.

# 180 Bumble14 @ 08/21/08 08:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
What level do you play on? The cpu pass blocking has always been insane on Heisman and I don't expect that to change or be fixed by the patch. You will see much better results on AA unless that's too easy for you.

Could people please post the difficulty level they play on when making statements? It would be easier for some of us that eagerly reading impressions.
I agree. I want to know about the gameplay on AA and below. Hesiman will always skew towards insane difficulty.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.