Home
News Post

Update: The NHL 09 Demo has been delayed and will not be on Playstation Network until late August.

NHL 09 DEMO AVAILABLE NOW ON PLAYSTATION
NETWORK – COMING TO XBOX LIVE EARLY SEPTEMBER

Lace Up Your Skates and Be A Pro!

August 21, 2008 – Need your hockey fix? Experience the critically acclaimed EA SPORTS™ NHL franchise in a whole new way with the NHL 09™ demo that is now available on the PLAYSTATION® Network™- Xbox LIVE™ demo to follow in early September. Re-live the excitement of last season’s Stanley Cup Final between the Pittsburgh Penguins and the Detroit Red Wings by stepping into the skates of a top NHL star in the new Be A Pro mode. With a dynamic new camera that puts the focus on your player, Be A Pro is a whole new way to play the greatest game on ice.

The new Be A Pro career mode will put you in the skates of an up and coming superstar. Start in the AHL and work your way up to the NHL, with the ultimate goal of becoming an NHL legend. The new Performance Tracker will rate your play in over 60 categories so you will know exactly what parts of your game you need to improve. NHL 09 will also introduce the evolution of online team play - the EA SPORTS Hockley League. Take your created player online and join a team with friends, or scout for players. Featuring 6 vs. 6 online play and the ability to level up your player - you can become the first great name in videogame hockey.

Building off seven ‘Sports Game of the Year Awards’ last year, NHL 09 provides gamers with an answer to the offensive innovation of years past with the introduction of Defensive Skill Stick. Players can now use an improved poke check, sweep their stick 360 degrees to block passing lanes, or lift an opponent’s stick when playing defense. Take a proven formula, sprinkle on some innovation, throw in a whole new way to play and see for yourself why every EA SPORTS gamer will love NHL 09.
NHL 09 ships to retailers on September 9 on Xbox 360® and the PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system.

For more information, please visit http://www.easports.com/NHL09.

Game: NHL 09Reader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 47 - View All
NHL 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 ohyeahbaby123 @ 08/21/08 01:09 PM
Early September??? Damn it.

Post impressions you lucky PS3 Owners!

# 2 Scott @ 08/21/08 01:09 PM
Going to d/l it right now...

Edit: Not posted yet...

# 3 kai123 @ 08/21/08 01:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott
Going to d/l it right now...
Can you see the demo because i can't. and btw Knicks all the way

# 4 kt-od @ 08/21/08 01:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kai123
Can you see the demo because i can't. and btw Knicks all the way

PSN doesn't update until the evening. It will be there tonight.

# 5 wildhockey19 @ 08/21/08 01:16 PM
Early September?! Hell, might as well buy the game the 9th.....no frickin need for the demo at that time. Damn you Microsoft!!!

# 6 MizzouRah @ 08/21/08 01:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildhockey19
Early September?! Hell, might as well buy the game the 9th.....no frickin need for the demo at that time. Damn you Microsoft!!!
First NHL 2k9 and now NHL 09? Damn you MS x2!

Well, it's be a pro mode, which I don't plan on playing all that much.. will be nice to read impressions though..

# 7 Qb @ 08/21/08 02:12 PM
Bummer on the delayed release for 360. Looking forward to the PS3 impressions from the lucky ones...

EDIT: Demo impressions thread has been created and stickied (is that a word? spell check says no!). Once it is available, please post your thoughts in there. Thanks...

# 8 Qb @ 08/21/08 02:19 PM
With the news of the impending release of the NHL 09 demo for PS3 users, I thought I might as well create & sticky this. Please put all impressions & general demo discussion in here. Other threads discussing demo-related items will be merged in an effort to keep things neat and tidy...

# 9 Vince @ 08/21/08 04:06 PM
PSN Store updates in the evening.

# 10 bisons18 @ 08/21/08 04:16 PM
Wow can't wait to come back from my hockey game to play the demo!!

# 11 ddhex27 @ 08/21/08 04:19 PM
It looks like EA took down the demo link on their webpage.. I dont think its coming today after all.

# 12 thmst30 @ 08/21/08 04:31 PM
Both NHL games have now released their 360 demos after the PS3 demo. It has to be MS. The Madden patch was also available on the PS3 first. This stuff used to always be the other way around.

# 13 sportdan30 @ 08/21/08 04:39 PM
Many are saying that the demo won't be up on the PS3 tonight afterall. For some unknown reason, it was pulled.

# 14 larma @ 08/21/08 04:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddhex27
It looks like EA took down the demo link on their webpage.. I dont think its coming today after all.
Let's hope they took it down just because PSN hasn't updated yet. Would be royally pissed if it didn't come out today.

# 15 Vince @ 08/21/08 04:49 PM
they didn't take anything down.

# 16 LX_Theo @ 08/21/08 04:51 PM
based on what oilersguru is saying here ( http://forums.ea.com/mboards/thread....art=0&tstart=0 ), it fell through and is not coming out

# 17 Vince @ 08/21/08 04:54 PM
wow, no ncaa patch now no demo...

ps3 gets the double shaft.

# 18 larma @ 08/21/08 04:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
they didn't take anything down.
They took down the news article about it being on PSN and EA forums are reporting it won't be out until next week. Bummer.

# 19 kt-od @ 08/21/08 05:02 PM
Sorry for posting this guys. I guess I jumped the gun and got everyone hyped. I certainly was, but now I guess I have to wait another week.

# 20 Ruffy @ 08/21/08 05:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by larma
They took down the news article about it being on PSN and EA forums are reporting it won't be out until next week. Bummer.
The PSN has been updated and its not there...not this week fellas...

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.