Home
News Post

Gamespot has posted 4 NBA 2K9 screenshots.

Game: NBA 2K9Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 72 - View All
NBA 2K9 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 noshun @ 08/21/08 11:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimBaller
Old shots; the jerseys and generic shoes give it away.
Hey SB, can we get someone to post recent build stuff? The whole having to see pictures from later builds/older builds/later builds routine, and not having a consistant progression of "here are images from the latest build" would assure most on here.
Is Orife still working for you guys.. tell him I gave him a shout.

# 42 jewelz1132 @ 08/21/08 11:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wsu_gb23
I think these screens look great....doesn't anyone remember how 2K8 looked last year.....not this good.....the courts, the lighting, faces, all look better....I'm pumped for this game!
yup lol

# 43 trobinson97 @ 08/21/08 11:38 PM
That's what, 2K8 on the PS2 or something?*

*IRT jewel's pics.

# 44 Shakedowncapo @ 08/21/08 11:41 PM
???

Thats 2k8 on 360/PSTriple

# 45 Shakedowncapo @ 08/21/08 11:45 PM
On another note...

What is up with 2k's marketing? How do you get away with releasing old shots like this where people can pick your game apart? I really don't rip a companies marketing dept because we won't change their schedule but that is absolutely pathetic to realease shots like this after the others a few days ago...

Get it together...Act like you give a damn about your product.

# 46 jewelz1132 @ 08/21/08 11:55 PM
yeah those are 360 on uhh 720p lol..

but yeah man 2K needed to show the game much earlier to have more community involvement. It seems like most things are being based off the forums trust in what the developers say and not actual footage or anything to back it up..idk I'm just hoping to see something brand new and not a lot of little things being added to last years game, which was how I felt about 2K8

# 47 RICH72601 @ 08/21/08 11:55 PM
One thing that bothers me is 2K's colors. Unless white or black, the accessories never seem to match the jersey. In the other screeens, Boozer's arm band color was a totally diffent blue than team name and trim of the jersey. And with these screens, if you look at Iverson, his sleeve, jersey, and head band are all different blues. It's not really a huge deal to me, and definitely not a game breaker, but it does stand out.

All these pre-screens/videos really don't matter to me, and we will all not be satisfied until we get this game in our hands. Waiting patiently (no other choice).

# 48 SageInfinite @ 08/21/08 11:57 PM
Lol @ gamers all of a sudden worrying about marketing.

# 49 Shakedowncapo @ 08/22/08 12:00 AM
Dude, earlier community involvment means nothing...The madden boards proved that. All these devs are trying to sell you on their game, yes, but after years of Beluba I have a higher trust in 2k when they say something will be fixed or changed or is and old version.

# 50 Bornindamecca @ 08/22/08 12:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
QFT, man, KEW-EFF-TEE....

It's all about people who fall outside of the marketing target audience. Everyone on this site is what marketing people refer to as a "maven". That means that you don't need to be marketed to, because you go out and find the information yourself. You generate word of mouth to the casual audience. You're closer to being part of the marketing more so than a target for it.

# 51 ProfessaPackMan @ 08/22/08 12:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
+1

# 52 jerseyballer7 @ 08/22/08 12:05 AM
Looks nice but I want game play vids.

# 53 BigTigLSU @ 08/22/08 12:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakedowncapo
Dude, earlier community involvment means nothing...The madden boards proved that. All these devs are trying to sell you on their game, yes, but after years of Beluba I have a higher trust in 2k when they say something will be fixed or changed or is and old version.
That is a tad inaccurate though... I cant judge this years Madden on how well the community involvement has helped the series. Because honestly early involvement would be considered a whole year before not during the dev cycle... Priorities have already been established so its hard to use feedback and implement it in the correct manner. While I do believe that some things work affected by the community feedback I do believe 2010 will show a significant difference and if it doesnt then judgement can be passed.

# 54 Shakedowncapo @ 08/22/08 12:13 AM
I was talking about things that were left out this year...Like Sliders and Oline league options. Then saying they had no idea of it happening.

I should have never brought it up, has nothing to do with 2k and this series.

# 55 Shakedowncapo @ 08/22/08 12:44 AM
Quote:
The no.1 rated NBA 2K series returns in its 5th season with NBA 2K9. Made for gamers and basketball fans everywhere who want to play the most fun, stylistic, and feature-rich NBA simulation to date. With massive improvements across the board including the all-new 2KHD Texturing engine, Ankle Breaker dribble system, enhanced Shot Stick Extreme, and groundbreaking new online features, NBA 2K9 is the complete package and will be putting the "fun" back into basketball video gaming this October.

Features

* Improved gameplay - New IsoMotion Pro dribbling system, mid-air shot alterations with Shot Stick Advanced and all-new Adaptive AI to read, react and adjust in real time to your strategies.
* The Association 2.0 - All-new interface replicating the NBA.com experience, plus new features like Player Ambitions, a Player Scouting system, new minigame Development Drills and more customisation options for the casual player.
* All-new presentation - 2K-HD brings drastically improved visuals and NBA 2K9 features EVEN MORE Signature Style - watch as Shaq smirks after plays and KG bangs his chest running down court.
* New Online Features - 5-on-5, 10-console Multiplayer mode; pick your player and climb the ranks in the all-new player ranking system - from Bench Warmer to Rookie to Pro all the way up to Superstar!
* 2K Share - Create, upload and share rosters, sliders and even players created with the all-new Player DNA feature, including the revamped Reelmaker.
Never heard the bolded part.

# 56 sleezy101 @ 08/22/08 12:50 AM
^ I never heard of that either, where did u find that?

# 57 sva91 @ 08/22/08 12:52 AM
You guys are crazy if you dont think these screens are a huge improvement over last year.

1.The faces dont look like zombies.
2.The players dont have that weird glow around them.
3.The jerseys now fit the players a little baggy, kind of cross between 2k and Live (last year everyone seemed like they were wearing a jerseys 2 sizes too small.
4.And the accessories, although not great, a huge improvement over last years neon tape wristbands.

# 58 Shakedowncapo @ 08/22/08 12:54 AM

# 59 sleezy101 @ 08/22/08 01:00 AM
iight man

# 60 RubenDouglas @ 08/22/08 01:09 AM
finally, its becoming that total package. jerseys, textures, lighting, graphics..... i love it.

excuse the bottom photos color (we all know its not like that in the game)

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.