Home
News Post

Gamespot has posted 4 NBA 2K9 screenshots.

Game: NBA 2K9Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 72 - View All
NBA 2K9 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 Muzyk23 @ 08/22/08 04:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jewelz1132
yeah those are 360 on uhh 720p lol..

but yeah man 2K needed to show the game much earlier to have more community involvement. It seems like most things are being based off the forums trust in what the developers say and not actual footage or anything to back it up..idk I'm just hoping to see something brand new and not a lot of little things being added to last years game, which was how I felt about 2K8
if you didn't see a substantial difference between 2k7 and 2k8 then uh... pop 2k7 first, then 2k8..you'll see

# 62 noshun @ 08/22/08 04:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubenDouglas
finally, its becoming that total package. jerseys, textures, lighting, graphics..... i love it.

excuse the bottom photos color (we all know its not like that in the game)
that 1st picture looks nice, except for the missing reflection on the seated humans. I see the chairs.. just a small slipup.

bottom picture. Kobe went after a basketball that went into a tub of bleach, hehe.

Actually the jersey look a lot better. 2k just needs to contct all teh teams and get updated uniform, court, and attire that the teams will be using this season and make sure things are as close as possible for 2k9.

# 63 brrmikey @ 08/22/08 08:20 AM
game rules no doubt...but i feel the dreamcast 2ksomething(can't remember the exact year) still has the best player "facial" likenesses along with nba ballers for last gen xbox.

# 64 SageInfinite @ 08/22/08 08:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muzyk23
if you didn't see a substantial difference between 2k7 and 2k8 then uh... pop 2k7 first, then 2k8..you'll see
IMO 2k has felt totally different every year on next gen. I played 2k6 and 2k7 recently, and those games were drastically different.

# 65 Behindshadows @ 08/22/08 08:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brrmikey
game rules no doubt...but i feel the dreamcast 2ksomething(can't remember the exact year) still has the best player "facial" likenesses along with nba ballers for last gen xbox.
It was 2k, the very 1st one with the complete player model intro.

I still have it, will post a video if you'd like.

also I like how people are claiming that consumer blogging and input doesn't matter because of the outcome of Madden 09.

Madden 09 was heads over hills better than 08. So obviously communication works.

To say 2ksports, doesn't care about their product is bogus too.

I think Simballer and the rest of the devs care about the game. I think the marketing division is just nonchalant and full of crap.

That is why Simballer and his peeps speak with us and have to defend the mistakes, the so called marketing division keeps making.

I think the game will come out good, but to be honest, the way the marketing team continues to hang the efforts. Its going to pull away a lot of fans and consumers.

Especially with the competition already releasing around 15 videos of gameplay and around 40 screenshots! Beginning like 4 months ago.

The marketing team will definitely hurt them this season. If they don't drop a demo by at least the 5 of September. Why drop one at all, especially with the game releasing Oct. 7.

Somewhere some how, priorities are jacked up at the 2k's camp. The devs are probably sitting around like, WTF!!!! Can these guys drop something and stop hiding in the dark. I mean honestly what can be so secret about this game, that they are with holding any kind of footage this late in the stages. 44 days from release and we continue to get nothing from them. But jacked up teasers, guys with small heads and dark light effects, washed out players who puffed they jaws with ugly layups, etc.

We are at the level where at least 10 gameplay videos should have been out by now. Around 2 gamespot on da spot interviews by now!

Something isn't right this year, and its showing in a big way.

# 66 agentxa123 @ 08/22/08 09:05 AM
they are ok but they're still better then nba lives pics

# 67 DC @ 08/22/08 09:40 AM
I wish I had a counter so I can see how many times BS types the word, "Market"

# 68 SageInfinite @ 08/22/08 09:51 AM
OS guys care about marketing until videos are released. Let's see how much marketing talk we see when the game is a week from release and the following weeks after.

# 69 Behindshadows @ 08/22/08 10:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican
I wish I had a counter so I can see how many times BS types the word, "Market"

2k and there stupid marketing

wait one more....

2k's marketing squad needs to be drug through broken glass and tacks until they get the point.

I'm done!!!

# 70 ThaGenecyst @ 08/22/08 10:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
OS guys care about marketing until videos are released. Let's see how much marketing talk we see when the game is a week from release and the following weeks after.
they won't lol they only complainin about it because there aren't any gameplay videos for them to watch and pick apart... when that happens, talk of poor marketing will disappear and it'll just be about the games once again

# 71 jmood88 @ 08/22/08 10:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Behindshadows2
It was 2k, the very 1st one with the complete player model intro.

also I like how people are claiming that consumer blogging and input doesn't matter because of the outcome of Madden 09.

Madden 09 was heads over hills better than 08. So obviously communication works.

To say 2ksports, doesn't care about their product is bogus too.

I think Simballer and the rest of the devs care about the game. I think the marketing division is just nonchalant and full of crap.

That is why Simballer and his peeps speak with us and have to defend the mistakes, the so called marketing division keeps making.

I think the game will come out good, but to be honest, the way the marketing team continues to hang the efforts. Its going to pull away a lot of fans and consumers.

Especially with the competition already releasing around 15 videos of gameplay and around 40 screenshots! Beginning like 4 months ago.

The marketing team will definitely hurt them this season. If they don't drop a demo by at least the 5 of September. Why drop one at all, especially with the game releasing Oct. 7.

Somewhere some how, priorities are jacked up at the 2k's camp. The devs are probably sitting around like, WTF!!!! Can these guys drop something and stop hiding in the dark. I mean honestly what can be so secret about this game, that they are with holding any kind of footage this late in the stages. 44 days from release and we continue to get nothing from them. But jacked up teasers, guys with small heads and dark light effects, washed out players who puffed they jaws with ugly layups, etc.

We are at the level where at least 10 gameplay videos should have been out by now. Around 2 gamespot on da spot interviews by now!

Something isn't right this year, and its showing in a big way.
Why does all of this matter to you?

# 72 Behindshadows @ 08/22/08 11:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmood88
Why does all of this matter to you?
Because it does to some people!

Have a nice day, have fun people with the lack of info around here.

Maybe over the next 2 weeks we can get more threads opened about nothing! But guesses and people with open wishes. Wooo hooo! Sounds like fun!

Peace and I'm done! Until Oct. 7 no more post in the 2k threads for me.

# 73 eDotd @ 08/22/08 11:04 AM
Quote:
Until Oct. 7 no more post in the 2k threads for me.
lol

# 74 brrmikey @ 08/22/08 11:08 AM
[quote=Behindshadows2;2038635755]It was 2k, the very 1st one with the complete player model intro.

quote]

Yes, I'd love to look at the video. Thanks!

# 75 DueceDiggla @ 08/22/08 11:13 AM
They look exactly like 2k8. I don't know how anyone can get so hyped up over something they've seen already.

# 76 DC @ 08/22/08 11:22 AM
Quote:
Because it does to some people!

Have a nice day, have fun people with the lack of info around here.

Maybe over the next 2 weeks we can get more threads opened about nothing! But guesses and people with open wishes. Wooo hooo! Sounds like fun!

Peace and I'm done! Until Oct. 7 no more post in the 2k threads for me.
You are SUCH a Drama King man. I love every second of it though

# 77 blingballa333 @ 08/22/08 11:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DueceDiggla
They look exactly like 2k8. I don't know how anyone can get so hyped up over something they've seen already.
Have you read any of 2k9's 6 previews? EVERY single one said that the graphics were highly updated and look better than ever....

# 78 TequILLa @ 08/22/08 11:44 AM
I think these shots are from a early build, the last four look like it's from the latest and greatest.

# 79 jewelz1132 @ 08/22/08 12:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muzyk23
I've done that a lot lol..2K6 to 2K7 seemed huge but 2K7 to 2K8 wasn't as big of a jump to me

# 80 teebee @ 08/22/08 12:19 PM
Mods, please renname this link "NBA2k fans overreacting to screenshots"

Thanks

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.