Home
News Post

Note: Below are the patch details from the Lead Designer of NFL Head Coach 09, Josh Looman.

I got the Ok to officially say that we are doing a patch. I've wanted to say that for a week, but we had to make sure of a few things first.

Here's an update on our progress with the patch:
  • We have fixed the Play Creator/Injury Bug.
  • We have added the ability to call plays during the 2 minute drill. You guys better thank Bekins for this. Normally, this would have been a feature that would have taken forever to get in, but the kid killed himself to put it in there to help everyone out.
  • We have added Favre's stats back in the game.
  • We fixed a bug you guys didn't know about that allows me to change team philosophies in the roster update. Woo-Hoo! This lets me get the teams where I think they should be and correct some ratings issues that way.
  • We fixed the contract bug (where scrub players would ask for a ton of money when re-signing).
  • We fixed the Draft Day trading bug (where you could force every team to trade their pick by asking them to trade and then backing out)
  • We fixed the ability to change a QB to WR and change him back to QB again.
  • We fixed the bug where teams would not kick a FG at the end of the half.
  • We are investigating a fix to make fumbles better. Staymates found out that a fatigued player would be getting larger penalties than expected to their attributes, including their carry rating. We are greatly reducing this so that fumbles should happen less. This is going to need some more testing since a lot of different factors influence fumble chances.
  • We are also investigating a fix for CPU teams subbing out fatigued players quicker in-game so that backups get some carries. Our thresholds for subbing a guy out were too low, so we are raising those. This also needs mucho testing.
  • We are fixing any crashes we can reproduce including the issues found on PS3.
I don't have a date for when this will be delivered to you (we are working very quickly). Once we are done with it, it typically takes a couple of weeks to get through everybody else before it makes it's way to you.

As I've said before, I'm sorry for these bugs. As you can see, we are making it right.

*** Added Wednesday, August 27th ***

We are also fixing an issue with RFAs that was noticed.

Game: NFL Head Coach 09Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 64 - View All
NFL Head Coach 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 justblaze09 @ 08/22/08 02:34 PM
YES! Hopefully this gets out at least a week after the game offically comes out so I can play without having to remember to save on Fridays

# 22 Perceptor @ 08/22/08 02:47 PM
Thanks guys for doing this Again, you have been fantastic in responding to feedback and we all appreciate everything you've done to address the issues in this game.

Cheers

# 23 tigerbothesh23 @ 08/22/08 02:52 PM
That's great, the only thing on my wish list for the patch that isn't mentioned is the ability to call audibles like the computer can, but I can live with that. You guys are did a great job with the game and these fixes will make it even more enjoyable to play!

# 24 Mauler97 @ 08/22/08 03:04 PM
Do you guys really work for EA?

Outstanding news! Like everyone else is saying you guys rock, we are pushing HC to cult status and force EA to make HC 2010!!!

# 25 Lieutenant Dan @ 08/22/08 03:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rckabillyRaider
thats sounds really good! I always forget on save on Fridays
QUALITY laughs from that one, Raider!

Josh, this is fantastic news.....and you guys have already fixed so many items this quickly? Amazing!

I'm excited for the fixes you've got already, and really hope the crashes and fumblitus are solved! That's going to bring this game to a near perfect 10, man!

# 26 ChicagoSparty @ 08/22/08 03:33 PM
I love you guys.

# 27 Lieutenant Dan @ 08/22/08 03:33 PM
Josh posted:
  • We are investigating a fix to make fumbles better. Staymates found out that a fatigued player would be getting larger penalties than expected to their attributes, including their carry rating. We are greatly reducing this so that fumbles should happen less. This is going to need some more testing since a lot of different factors influence fumble chances.
  • We are also investigating a fix for CPU teams subbing out fatigued players quicker in-game so that backups get some carries. Our thresholds for subbing a guy out were too low, so we are raising those. This also needs mucho testing.
Josh....isn't there some happy synchronicity with the 'subbing' fix helping out the 'fumble' fix, since the fumble thing may be related to overtired players? God, I'll be SO happy when that's ironed out. I'm nervous to run the ball at times because of it lol.

Thanks again for the patch update and all your (you and the HC team) hard work on this! Like I said, you get this patch locked down, this game will be elevated to legendary status.

# 28 Cubfan @ 08/22/08 03:44 PM
Very cool thanks guys.

# 29 Matt Diesel @ 08/22/08 03:44 PM
Your mothers should be proud.

# 30 budsticky @ 08/22/08 04:04 PM
Will the patch work with an in progress career that was started before the patch? I'm not sure, I might want to start over anyways..but it would be nice to know if the option will be there to continue a career that has already had a lot of time put into it.

# 31 Josh_Looman @ 08/22/08 04:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieutenant Dan
Josh posted:
Josh....isn't there some happy synchronicity with the 'subbing' fix helping out the 'fumble' fix, since the fumble thing may be related to overtired players? God, I'll be SO happy when that's ironed out. I'm nervous to run the ball at times because of it lol.

Thanks again for the patch update and all your (you and the HC team) hard work on this! Like I said, you get this patch locked down, this game will be elevated to legendary status.
Good catch. Yes, there should be.

Staymates and I just played the Chargers vs. the Panthers without the subbing in fix.

Tomlinson had 33 carries and ZERO fumbles.

DeAngelo Williams had 24 carries and he fumbled once. He has a 67 carry rating.

We're going to test this much more over the next few days, but after one game, I feel much better.

# 32 SloeyEZ @ 08/22/08 04:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh_Looman

Staymates and I just played the Chargers vs. the Panthers without the subbing in fix.

We're going to test this much more over the next few days, but after one game, I feel much better.
and they're getting paid for this? lol

# 33 Lieutenant Dan @ 08/22/08 04:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SloeyEZ
and they're getting paid for this? lol
Don't forget, my friend....they are also having to hear all the complaints ad-nauseum. LOL It balances out.

# 34 Lieutenant Dan @ 08/22/08 04:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh_Looman

Sounding really promising so far, Josh! Thanks for the inside scoop!

# 35 Shock6822 @ 08/22/08 04:37 PM
You're awesome Josh and the rest of the team...now tell your Madden buddies to get moving and we'll all be happy campers

# 36 JohnDoe8865 @ 08/22/08 04:44 PM
Just wanted to echo everyone else here and say Thank YOU to everyone who is working on this game. The patch will be icing on the cake for me, I'm so glad that you guys are going to support this game like this. It makes me hopeful that EA will see the value in this franchise and allow you guys to keep doing your thing.

# 37 Bill_Abner @ 08/22/08 05:04 PM
Now this is how to start a weekend off right.

# 38 markprior22 @ 08/22/08 05:14 PM
Thank you Josh

# 39 Jistic @ 08/22/08 05:17 PM

PROPER!

# 40 gatorelk @ 08/22/08 06:05 PM
really excited about the patch but please please PLEASE release one now with the stuff that you said you already fixed. i cant even play the game because it freezes sooooo much. saving doesnt help when i spend an hour+ playing a game and it freezes when i try to exit game after the game is over. go ahead and released what you have fixed!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.