Home
News Post

Game: NBA Live 09Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Xbox 360Votes for game: 38 - View All
NBA Live 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 Rebel_INS @ 08/27/08 01:43 PM
I'm really not impressed @ all.
It basically looks like what 2K was doing 2 seasons ago!
I hate 2 just throw the comparison out there off the bat but it's unavoidable
I was a Live fan since its inception and I've been playing 2K from day one.
The guys over @ VC are years ahead of EA and I'm beginning 2 think it's gonna remain that way unless this buyout goes through and the team moves 2 EA's studio...

Live looks BETTER this year but based on the incredibly high bar set by 2K, they're still trailing way behind.

Good try guys! U get an "E" for effort

# 62 23 @ 08/27/08 01:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muzyk23
How can some of you at every step emphasize that it's soooo much better than 08? it is not that hard to accomplish, because 08 was average!!

I totally agree with bingballa - the sound, commentary and crowd reactions are superb.

However, I don't dig the graphics, the way the players look and definitely animations.

This game in my eyes does not represent real basketball - and that's what I expect from a basketball game - these are my standards and personal opinion.

I could care less to the effect of Live 08 or 2k8 or anything else, just put out a solid hoops game

The animations and movement and graphics and other things in ID wasn't great but the gameplay blew everything EA and 2k made up until a certain point. If this DNA thing really works then Live has something great to work with gameplay wise, but if not then that's EA's problem.

# 63 SageInfinite @ 08/27/08 01:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KDRE_OS
I could care less to the effect of Live 08 or 2k8 or anything else, just put out a solid hoops game

The animations and movement and graphics and other things in ID wasn't great but the gameplay blew everything EA and 2k made up until a certain point. If this DNA thing really works then Live has something great to work with gameplay wise, but if not then that's EA's problem.

True

# 64 blingballa333 @ 08/27/08 02:01 PM
Honestly, solid animations really enhance the gameplay to any game.

# 65 Muzyk23 @ 08/27/08 02:02 PM
Agreed Kdre.

One more thing.. I'm almost 100% sure that most of us who are so hard on Live want it to be good, finally..we don't criticize just to criticize

# 66 23 @ 08/27/08 02:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muzyk23
Agreed Kdre.

One more thing.. I'm almost 100% sure that most of us who are so hard on Live want it to be good, finally..we don't criticize just to criticize
True enough Muzyk, Im one of them, but I do see strides made unlike the last couple of years, the effort shows

If its all worth it or not depends on what we see when we get it. I've seen things in 2k's game i dont like from the trailers but im not saying it sucks, or the guys at VC didnt put work into the game because im certain they did.

# 67 blingballa333 @ 08/27/08 03:32 PM
Quote:
True enough Muzyk, Im one of them, but I do see strides made unlike the last couple of years, the effort shows

If its all worth it or not depends on what we see when we get it. I've seen things in 2k's game i dont like from the trailers but im not saying it sucks, or the guys at VC didnt put work into the game because im certain they did.
None of us said live sucks, it just looks average. But I would really like to hear what you didn't like about the 2k teasers, just out of curiosity, a pm to me would be fine.

# 68 KG @ 08/27/08 07:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobinson97
LMAO! How are you of all people gonna talk about broken records when you're on an infinite loop in the 2K boards about marketing? Oh my god.

It stuns you that people don't like the look of the game? It just doesn't look good to some of us man, we have a right to say it, regardless if whether or not we buy it. Videos are posted to solicit comments in general, not praise. We post our reactions to it, good or bad. Sorry it irks you we don't share your enthusiasm for a product that doesn't look like it will live up to our standards.

Not really.
Seriously man. We get it. You like Live. No check, you love Live.

As for impressions. I thought it looks a lot better than '08. I really like the spacing on the court. My only issue so far is passing (how can they not notice this right away). They smoothed over player movement and a lot of the animations but passing was bad last year.

I'm actually somewhat intrigued and will give the demo a try.

# 69 23 @ 08/27/08 08:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blingballa333
None of us said live sucks, it just looks average. But I would really like to hear what you didn't like about the 2k teasers, just out of curiosity, a pm to me would be fine.
Id rather not turn every thread in the Live forum into a 2k thread but check XCell's post and you'll see what i feel. Pretty much everyone but him overlooked it because they were busy going OMGZZZZZZZ

# 70 trobinson97 @ 08/27/08 08:47 PM
Quote:
Id rather not turn every thread in the Live forum into a 2k thread but check XCell's post and you'll see what i feel. Pretty much everyone but him overlooked it because they were busy going OMGZZZZZZZ

What post?

# 71 23 @ 08/27/08 08:47 PM
In the trailer #2 thread trob

# 72 johnathan burroughs @ 08/27/08 10:27 PM
nba live 09 all day

# 73 23bluesman @ 08/28/08 01:56 AM
Just a small update, the user on youtube uploaded the opening minute of the game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GahvoJrQgI&feature=user

# 74 Greene_Flash03 @ 08/28/08 03:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23bluesman
Just a small update, the user on youtube uploaded the opening minute of the game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GahvoJrQgI&feature=user
Thanks man! That looks real...I still love the post up plays!

# 75 Behindshadows @ 08/28/08 10:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blingballa333
BehindShadows is really defending Live like its his own now isn't he? Jesus, the game does not look that great. Sure, the textures are great, the court-great, the commentary-great. But then.......
animations-average, player models-subpar, movement in general-average, dunk animations-average. Everything about live aside from the LOOK of the game is just, average. I don't know how you can say that it's going to be a great game judging by that video.....
Mr. Troll

How are you going to come at me like that, you don't even know anything about me. If you did, you'd be supporting my thousands of rants in the 2k forums, where you seem to really live. I've read every post you put in the Live threads and not one is positive nor relevant to what anyone is discussing, you just like to step in and get some words of nothing out. Hoping to rattle some chains.

But I won't argue with you, you don't want Live to do well, your going 2k either way, so why stunt.

The player models are better than 2k's cartoony models. Which I credit them the detail they put into them, with the graphics engine they have. Live's skin detail and player textures and overall facial and body proportions are the best in BB games right now.

Before they were shot midgets with big heads ala Wii version.

But there is nothing wrong with them now. You tube video is nice. Especially the second video with the intro...nice job.

# 76 kmart2180 @ 08/28/08 11:24 AM
Im getting excited about what Nba Live 09 is doing because its a breath of fresh air. Its looks new and different. I love 2K basketball series but Im not seeing the big differences from game to game.

I still think 2K7 is just as good as 2K8 really. 2K9 will be good of course but after 10-20 games how much better than 2k8 am I gonna notice? Its the same game just polished a bit IMO. Not that it is entirely bad but I want to feel and upgrade .

Hopefully both games are great cause Im going to pick them both up regaurdless.

# 77 Behindshadows @ 08/28/08 11:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmart2180
I'm going to pick them both up regardless.
Exactly!!! Ditto!!

# 78 23bluesman @ 08/28/08 12:02 PM
Yeah I've pretty much decided that I'm getting both this year (and probably the year after, and after..).

I haven't played Live extensively since 05, so I'm really excited for this!

# 79 Muzyk23 @ 08/28/08 03:53 PM
no, my friend..in my opinion, Live's models look cartoony and body proportions are awful..oh and it is not nice calling people trolls, so please leave it to yourself and stop defending Live like your life depended on it..to one's each own so please respect others opinion

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.