Home
Madden 09 News Post

I'm back now and wanted to relay some news - we found and fixed the Franchise freezing issue that some have been seeing and decided to delay the patch a couple of days in order to get that in. Major thanks to this community ...a few folks here on OperationSports actually emailed me PS3 Franchise files which allowed us to track the issue down much more quickly. You guys rock - as always!

The patch is now at our internal quality control group, and then on to Sony and Microsoft by (we think) Friday.

We are still targeting about 2-3 weeks from now for the patch to drop, and of course I will keep you updated as things progress.

Ian

Game: Madden NFL 09Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: NDS / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 88 - View All
Madden NFL 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 roadman @ 09/03/08 11:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boooey
thanks Ian.

while it does stink to wait yet another 3 weeks to start my franchise..
I think everyone should be grateful that you are here listening to us and keeping us more informed than we have ever been in years past.

(what exactly takes Sony and MS so long anyway?)
Both companies don't want patches corrupting their systems. It takes approximately 2 weeks from patch to certification in MS/Sony's hands.

I'm willing to give up a week or two for the folks are suffering with franchise freezes. I'm glad there was a fix for that.

# 22 Vikes1 @ 09/04/08 12:39 AM
This is great News!

Franchise freezing issues being fixed with patch #2 was what I was most hoping for. This will be wonderful not to have to worry about lock ups now. Great work Ian & Co....and much thanks!

# 23 ktd1976 @ 09/04/08 12:54 AM
This is OUTSTANDING news. I have NO problem whatsoever waiting an extra 2-3 weeks for a patch that fixes these issues. I would rather have that, then have a patch out sooner that doesn't fix the issues that make this game umplayable.

# 24 MU ATO @ 09/04/08 12:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWSpalehoseCWS
Awesome, I can easily wait a few weeks to start my Bears franchise.

Me too. I waited weeks to start my NCAA dynasty. Might as well hold off on Madden into it's fixed!

# 25 Nepenthe @ 09/04/08 01:36 AM
Awesome! I was so worried because it appeared as if you guys were going to overlook this (what I think the biggest) problem. I will repurchase a copy of Madden once this patch is out and has been confirmed to work. Sucks that it's going to be a few weeks! It feels like the wait for the initial release all over again.

# 26 Darkside63 @ 09/04/08 02:47 AM
Well, not really beeing happy to wait again for the patch - though (hopefully) franchise freezing isues finally beeing fixed is the most important thing. So I guess I'll be just patiened and wait

Is it still valid that there is no need to start a franchise over after the patch will be applied? As I didnt have any problems into season 2 or even 3 so far, I might as well start one after the roster is updated. Not having that much time on a daily basis, shouldnt be a problem to play a bit AND wait for the patch at the same time

# 27 nookiebear @ 09/04/08 05:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFuture15
I'm back now and wanted to relay some news - we found and fixed the Franchise freezing issue that some have been seeing and decided to delay the patch a couple of days in order to get that in. Major thanks to this community ...a few folks here on OperationSports actually emailed me PS3 Franchise files which allowed us to track the issue down much more quickly. You guys rock - as always!

The patch is now at our internal quality control group, and then on to Sony and Microsoft by (we think) Friday.

We are still targeting about 2-3 weeks from now for the patch to drop, and of course I will keep you updated as things progress.

Ian
Does this solve the Play Now and in-game freezing?

I am unable to even complete one single game on my 360 at the moment

I am now at the point where I am using a Dummy profile to make it competitive and realistic (and spending money on a second controller), using rewind when the glitches appear

Last night, the game froze when I hit rewind after the CPU ran out of bounds like an idiot

# 28 countryboy @ 09/04/08 08:04 AM
Good to see the franchise freezing problems, though not everyone was seeing them, will be addressed in the second patch. Waiting an extra 2-3 weeks is tough but understandable. It will give me a chance to finish my NCAA first year dynasty.

# 29 Bascape666 @ 09/04/08 08:29 AM
I wanna know if there will be a possibility to download the patch for PS3 game without going online with the PS3 (for example to download the patch into a USB key).
Please let me know!
Thanks!!

# 30 canes2008 @ 09/04/08 09:13 AM
Thanks for the update Future keep up the good work

# 31 TJdaSportsGuy @ 09/04/08 09:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjiA
wow, 2-3 weeks is such a long time! Hope it goes faster...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jono078
Bummed about it being 2-3 weeks

I was under the assumption the original patch #2 was coming out mid Sept, so now it will be late Sept.
Believe me guys...as someone who didn't see the franchise freezing issue until Year 3, I am MORE than willing to wait 2-3 weeks for this patch. Nothing like dedicating 40 hours of your life to a video game only to find out you can't proceed on to Year 3.

Had it not been for this franchise freezing issue, I'm sure the patch would be in your hands much sooner...but that problem wasn't found until recently.

Ian and the rest of the crew at Tiburon...a very heart felt thank you!

# 32 Revolution42 @ 09/04/08 09:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFuture15

Ian
Thanks for the heads up....much appreciated.

# 33 Stacks @ 09/04/08 09:48 AM
Thanks for fixing this Ian as the franchise freezing was the biggest issue for me.

I would also like to know if we would have to restart our franchise after the patch for the freezing bug to be fixed.

# 34 TJdaSportsGuy @ 09/04/08 09:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyax
Thanks for fixing this Ian as the franchise freezing was the biggest issue for me.

I would also like to know if we would have to restart our franchise after the patch for the freezing bug to be fixed.
If you've done any player editing at all (even just jersey numbers), you're going to want to restart your franchise anyway once the new patch is released. They fixed the problematic (non-existent) progression for any players who have been edited.

That, alone, is reason enough for me to restart. I don't edit player ratings or anything, only jersey numbers. Can't very well have someone wearing #12 or #78 on my Buffalo Bills, lol.

# 35 Jono078 @ 09/04/08 09:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJdaSportsGuy
Believe me guys...as someone who didn't see the franchise freezing issue until Year 3, I am MORE than willing to wait 2-3 weeks for this patch. Nothing like dedicating 40 hours of your life to a video game only to find out you can't proceed on to Year 3.

Had it not been for this franchise freezing issue, I'm sure the patch would be in your hands much sooner...but that problem wasn't found until recently.

Ian and the rest of the crew at Tiburon...a very heart felt thank you!
No don't get me wrong, very happy they've fixed the issue. Just was already counting down the days til patch #2 and this puts it back a bit.

Although i'm sure the next 2-3 weeks will come by quickly and we'll be much more happier then.

# 36 TJdaSportsGuy @ 09/04/08 10:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jono078
No don't get me wrong, very happy they've fixed the issue. Just was already counting down the days til patch #2 and this puts it back a bit.

Although i'm sure the next 2-3 weeks will come by quickly and we'll be much more happier then.
Just do what I'm doing...revisiting an old friend called NCAA Football 09.

# 37 Revolution42 @ 09/04/08 10:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkside63
Well, not really beeing happy to wait again for the patch - though (hopefully) franchise freezing isues finally beeing fixed is the most important thing. So I guess I'll be just patiened and wait

Is it still valid that there is no need to start a franchise over after the patch will be applied? As I didnt have any problems into season 2 or even 3 so far, I might as well start one after the roster is updated. Not having that much time on a daily basis, shouldnt be a problem to play a bit AND wait for the patch at the same time
Good question...I was wondering the same. I had read somewhere that a Franchise could be started but with only minimal advancement without the second patch. By 'minimal advancement" I am thinking a little roster / player editing and a small number of trades and / or FA signings. Could someone please clarify this for me? OR...is it prudent to just wait until after the patch to begin? I have no prob waiting and would much prefer to be on track from the start then to be forced to delete my work and start anew. Any info / suggestions are and will be very much appreciated. Thanks!

# 38 kt-od @ 09/04/08 10:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJenness
I'm a little confused, though. I was SURE Ian said the patch was submitted a couple weeks ago to MS/Sony for release......how exactly can that be UN-done and back in your hands for added data??

I was wondering the same thing.

# 39 TJdaSportsGuy @ 09/04/08 10:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJenness
I'm a little confused, though. I was SURE Ian said the patch was submitted a couple weeks ago to MS/Sony for release......how exactly can that be UN-done and back in your hands for added data??
Quote:
Originally Posted by kt-od
I was wondering the same thing.
Uhhh...an e-mail?

Quote:
Hey, Mr. Microsoft and Sony Certification Guy,

Forget that patch we submitted. We're going to submit a new one. Thanks!

Signed,

Madden Guys
Pretty simple to me. You guys kill me sometimes.

# 40 kt-od @ 09/04/08 10:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJdaSportsGuy
Uhhh...an e-mail?

Pretty simple to me. You guys kill me sometimes.
Glad we could make you laugh.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.