Home
Madden 09 News Post

I'm back now and wanted to relay some news - we found and fixed the Franchise freezing issue that some have been seeing and decided to delay the patch a couple of days in order to get that in. Major thanks to this community ...a few folks here on OperationSports actually emailed me PS3 Franchise files which allowed us to track the issue down much more quickly. You guys rock - as always!

The patch is now at our internal quality control group, and then on to Sony and Microsoft by (we think) Friday.

We are still targeting about 2-3 weeks from now for the patch to drop, and of course I will keep you updated as things progress.

Ian

Game: Madden NFL 09Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: NDS / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 88 - View All
Madden NFL 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 BTLSBubbaArmy @ 09/04/08 02:42 PM
I am always very critical of EA, because of last year especially. But, IF...and I strongly emphasize "IF"...they have fixed the franchise freezing issue, on top of all the other issues addressed in this upcoming patch...then they've redeemed themselves...(albeit slightly). Now, if they can incorporate these fixes into the next Madden, so that it'll be playable from Day 1...then they've made progress.

And if people are really complaining about the patch being delayed, to get the franchise fix in there... this is a message to you.

Are you outta your mind? Why would you complain?? Them fixing EXTRA is great, in comparison to what they've done lately. Suck it up the extra few weeks, and play NCAA 09 and get yourself some draft classes saved up or something. The 1st day of this month, was the first time I even turned on NCAA, just waiting for the time to get closer for Madden to be fixed (if it was gonna be). So, you should try the same.

Anyway, while I am cautious to be optimistic at all (and who can blame me), this patch...for once...has promise. Lets see if what's good on paper, transfers over into something good on the consoles.

# 62 BrianFifaFan @ 09/04/08 03:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsfansiny79
I agree that Ea could of just said hold off on sending that patch out, but why. Couldn't they just let the patch go threw and sumbit the franchise patch later.
It's not that easy. EA is allowed two patches per game. That's why Ian and Co. are trying to sell MS on the DLC angle for the "sim" stuff. So see as the franchise issue was a pretty big "gamekiller" it was probably best to yank the submitted patch and get the franchise fix in. Brian

# 63 bigfnjoe96 @ 09/04/08 03:23 PM
WOW, the PATCH won't hit the airwaves to @ least the 1st week in OCT.... I guess once a sucker, always a sucker...

# 64 RoyalBoyle78 @ 09/04/08 03:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfnjoe96
WOW, the PATCH won't hit the airwaves to @ least the 1st week in OCT.... I guess once a sucker, always a sucker...
Really man, I was hoping to get my franchise going sooner, now I just will have to enjoy NCAA more because there patch 2 came out, 3 more weeks that's stupid.

# 65 aholbert32 @ 09/04/08 03:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfnjoe96

Maybe my calendar skills suck but Ian said the patch would be submitted tomorrow Sept. 5 and he said MS/Sony would take 2-3 weeks. That means at the earliest we would get the patch Sept 19th and the latest we will get it is the 26th. I dont know where you got the first week of Oct.

# 66 RoyalBoyle78 @ 09/04/08 04:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Maybe my calendar skills suck but Ian said the patch would be submitted tomorrow Sept. 5 and he said MS/Sony would take 2-3 weeks. That means at the earliest we would get the patch Sept 19th and the latest we will get it is the 26th. I dont know where you got the first week of Oct.
maybe because before this thread was listed, we all thought it was already in Sony/MS hands. Now we have to wait longer.

# 67 mercalnd @ 09/04/08 04:03 PM
Quote:
I was thinking the exact same thing.

# 68 masterkembo @ 09/04/08 04:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballForever
Really man, I was hoping to get my franchise going sooner, now I just will have to enjoy NCAA more because there patch 2 came out, 3 more weeks that's stupid.
that's stupid mature

Really man, wouldn't you rather have to wait another 2/3 weeks and have a franchise that works then to get the patch tomorrow, play for 3 weeks and have a franchise freeze??

# 69 aholbert32 @ 09/04/08 04:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballForever
maybe because before this thread was listed, we all thought it was already in Sony/MS hands. Now we have to wait longer.
You have to wait a week longer. Just a week.

Ian said it was going to be sent off on Aug 27th. A week ago and one of those days was a holiday.

# 70 ktd1976 @ 09/04/08 04:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJdaSportsGuy
If you've done any player editing at all (even just jersey numbers), you're going to want to restart your franchise anyway once the new patch is released. They fixed the problematic (non-existent) progression for any players who have been edited.

That, alone, is reason enough for me to restart. I don't edit player ratings or anything, only jersey numbers. Can't very well have someone wearing #12 or #78 on my Buffalo Bills, lol.
I thought Ian said that there were no database changes made, so there was NO NEED tp restart franchises, and that the patch would correct those, too

# 71 RoyalBoyle78 @ 09/04/08 04:53 PM
Quote:
You have to wait a week longer. Just a week.

Ian said it was going to be sent off on Aug 27th. A week ago and one of those days was a holiday.
I guess your right, but I'm sorry I'm a little inpatient right now, I just want to be able to play MY $65 game I paid for almost a month ago.

# 72 ScottD413 @ 09/04/08 05:27 PM
What about the DLC? The game is worthless to me without CPU sliders

# 73 nxt @ 09/04/08 05:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottD413
QFT!

# 74 bigfnjoe96 @ 09/04/08 05:40 PM
Quote:
He said he thinks it will be submitted tomorrow, which for me means sometime next week. Then add 2-3 weeks, with for me 3 weeks being realistic for Microsoft & Sony. That for me means 1st week in Oct.

Again this is just my analyze of what Ian posted

# 75 xV3L0CiTY @ 09/04/08 05:42 PM
Quote:
Sep. 26th vs. first week in October. Not a big difference. A one week delay is very possible especially with EA/MS/Sony.

Look what happened with NCAA.

So, for someone to say, patch first week of Oct., it's definitely reasonable.
Quote:
x2.

# 76 WorldWar3434 @ 09/04/08 05:46 PM
Thanks for the news/update Ian.

# 77 Cubfan @ 09/04/08 05:57 PM
Thanks for the update Ian.

# 78 ScottD413 @ 09/04/08 06:17 PM
I said in an earlier post way back when the DLC was announced that I did not think we would ever see it. Why wasn't it mentioned in Ian's post?? This is a classic EA move. They will say "well, Microsoft said no". They never had any intention of doing the DLC. It was just lip service.

Prove me wrong Ian.

# 79 BrianFifaFan @ 09/04/08 06:39 PM
Quote:
I said in an earlier post way back when the DLC was announced that I did not think we would ever see it. Why wasn't it mentioned in Ian's post?? This is a classic EA move. They will say "well, Microsoft said no". They never had any intention of doing the DLC. It was just lip service.

Prove me wrong Ian.
Might want to rephrase a bit. Thanks.....

# 80 coogrfan @ 09/04/08 06:58 PM
Quote:

Prove me wrong Ian.
If he does, will you promise to go away and never return?

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.