Home
Madden 09 News Post

I'm back now and wanted to relay some news - we found and fixed the Franchise freezing issue that some have been seeing and decided to delay the patch a couple of days in order to get that in. Major thanks to this community ...a few folks here on OperationSports actually emailed me PS3 Franchise files which allowed us to track the issue down much more quickly. You guys rock - as always!

The patch is now at our internal quality control group, and then on to Sony and Microsoft by (we think) Friday.

We are still targeting about 2-3 weeks from now for the patch to drop, and of course I will keep you updated as things progress.

Ian

Game: Madden NFL 09Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: NDS / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 88 - View All
Madden NFL 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 RumbleCard @ 09/05/08 05:02 PM
I'm not expecting the robo QB to be addressed.

# 102 SolidSnake07 @ 09/05/08 05:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RumbleCard
I'm not expecting the robo QB to be addressed.

I think robo-qb will be addressed with the use of cpu sliders.

# 103 xV3L0CiTY @ 09/05/08 05:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cornstarch
TheFuture, can you please answer:

Will the progression/regression somehow fix the bloated ratings of rookies from NCAA draft classes?
I'm going to say no. Highly, highly unlikely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnake07
I think robo-qb will be addressed with the use of cpu sliders.
Yup that's what Ian said in another thread...providing the DLC gets passed.

# 104 Revolution42 @ 09/05/08 09:54 PM
Good timing....by the time the World Series is finished and we have access to the 2nd patch... I can get busy with Madden. That month after baseball ends is rough.

# 105 markprior22 @ 09/05/08 10:46 PM
"I think robo-qb will be addressed with the use of cpu sliders."

I wouldn't hold my breath for this. The silence in response to many, many update requests re the DLC is deafening.

# 106 ajwines64 @ 09/05/08 10:46 PM
Hey Ian just checking to see if you guys fixed the ps3 slowdown problem using the colts? This is a serious problem for my franchise and many others as the game is unplayable once it starts slowing down. Thanks and hope to hear from you about this.

Aaron

# 107 Moegames @ 09/05/08 11:01 PM
Im also a curious chap here wondering about the DLC and the status of it as of right now, any input soon would be sweet bros

peace

# 108 ForeverYoung @ 09/06/08 05:40 AM
off-topic.

# 109 edubbs @ 09/06/08 08:20 AM
Ian, I was really hoping you guys would have adjusted the Oline and FB blocking for online games with this update.

It's VERY difficult to establish a consistant running game online (even against the weaker teams) because of the horrible blocking by your AI teammates and the lack of fatigue for the defense.

I know this is you guys last patch for the year and the running game was not mentioned in the update but, I'm trying to find out was the issues with the blocking looked into at all?

The issues with the running game keeps me from playing to my team's strength for online games. Averaging 2 ypc almost everygame is not realistic at all.

IMO The running game was MUCH better last year when defensive fatigue played a better role and your oline and fb stuck to their assignments better.

# 110 Revolution42 @ 09/06/08 08:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFuture15
I'm back now and wanted to relay some news - we found and fixed the Franchise freezing issue that some have been seeing and decided to delay the patch a couple of days in order to get that in. Major thanks to this community ...a few folks here on OperationSports actually emailed me PS3 Franchise files which allowed us to track the issue down much more quickly. You guys rock - as always!

The patch is now at our internal quality control group, and then on to Sony and Microsoft by (we think) Friday.

We are still targeting about 2-3 weeks from now for the patch to drop, and of course I will keep you updated as things progress.

Ian
I have a question that concerns the patch(s) and any DL meant to improve any aspect of the game. I would like to preface the question by saying...I have read numerous posts in numerous threads...I have found alot of pertinent info but much of it contradicts what one post might say vs another. I play only offline...Franchise,.. 40G PS3. My question(s)...is the 2nd patch required for me to play in Franchise mode without the progression problems and all the other apparant problems? And...can the Patch #2 be DL'd from the 'net saved to a ScanDisk and then loaded to my machine? I have been told yes to both questions and NO to both questions. Can anyone tell me within reasonable certainty which is correct? Am I basically "on hold" until I can make the Patch #2 download and unable to play with some certainty that the gameplay...the freezes etc etc wont be a continual source of trouble? Any info and / or suggestions will be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

# 111 countryboy @ 09/06/08 10:28 PM
for all the guys curious about the status of the DLC, Ian said in another thread that at this time there is nothing to report. As soon as he has an update, he'll let us know.

# 112 +Chris+ @ 09/07/08 03:10 PM
That patch number 2 needs to be here asap. That wr glitch is hiliarious!

# 113 ChicagoBearsFan09 @ 09/07/08 05:06 PM
idk about anyone else but im a big fan of madden and ive been disapointed a lot with how hard it is to run this year. and also im a chicago bears fan and im very disapointed on how hard it is to return kicks and punts.. i played 2 season already and only returned 1 return for a td. maybe you could sugest that its that im bad but i have a lot of experience and theres only 2 or 3 people blocking for me while the rest of the people stand there after they only block one person. i was wondering if anyone is feeling the same way about this and if there would be an update to fix this.

# 114 freezeframe @ 09/07/08 05:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbrandon
I also play as the bears. I punt on first down and hope the other team fumbles and i pick it up and run it in.
WTF???

# 115 big_al @ 09/07/08 06:25 PM
It would be nice if they changed the AI for the first time and actually made the defense "dumber" it terms of eyes behind their heads, jumping up and swatting down balls unrealistically, and just basic run/pass coverage. When I play the Ai, the entire defense jumps and converges on me on a run, while when I play defense, my teammates keep running down the field and just act plain dumb. Also this rubber band Ai is just stupid. Please stop adding "features" to each years game and just fix the ai defense, playcalling especially in late situations (better clock management, no onside kicks when down by 30 with a minute left) etc

# 116 Revolution42 @ 09/07/08 08:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbrandon
I also play as the bears. I punt on first down and hope the other team fumbles and i pick it up and run it in.
Nice job....that WAS funny...

# 117 Revolution42 @ 09/07/08 08:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by big_al
It would be nice if they changed the AI for the first time and actually made the defense "dumber" it terms of eyes behind their heads, jumping up and swatting down balls unrealistically, and just basic run/pass coverage. When I play the Ai, the entire defense jumps and converges on me on a run, while when I play defense, my teammates keep running down the field and just act plain dumb. Also this rubber band Ai is just stupid. Please stop adding "features" to each years game and just fix the ai defense, playcalling especially in late situations (better clock management, no onside kicks when down by 30 with a minute left) etc
Yep...before implementing the gimmicks that just are not a big success obviously......begin with making just the basic gameplay...basic football philosophy....basics period....be functional straight out of the box...once this is done for a couple yrs.....then start with the cute gimmicks. Reinvent this game...ensure the online and franchise players get what is advertised in working order.....then you will be on to something...then you can get creative. IF the graphics and basic gameplay and basic philosophy was all EA focused on for one version..imagine this.....incredible graphics....the sim will be first rate....no freezes or glitches...basic working football philosophy and knowledge transfered to the gameplay.....holy "crap" this game would be what it is advertised as every year...plus a new found confidence in EA...plus I would think a new found consumer base....those that will only buy a product that performs as it is advertised to perform...win win for everyone...EA - The online gamers - the Franchise players.

# 118 Lightbarer @ 09/08/08 12:54 AM
Well. I'm glad to hear there's a patch comming.
Is there an alternative method to getting the patches because i don't have a cable modem? or am i just screwed.

# 119 roadman @ 09/08/08 01:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightbarer
Well. I'm glad to hear there's a patch comming.
Is there an alternative method to getting the patches because i don't have a cable modem? or am i just screwed.
Do you have a friend nearby that has a cable modem?

# 120 Lightbarer @ 09/08/08 03:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Do you have a friend nearby that has a cable modem?
No. But i mean, there has to be another way, majority of the people who play Madden don't have a cable modem, right?

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.