Home
Madden 09 News Post

I'm back now and wanted to relay some news - we found and fixed the Franchise freezing issue that some have been seeing and decided to delay the patch a couple of days in order to get that in. Major thanks to this community ...a few folks here on OperationSports actually emailed me PS3 Franchise files which allowed us to track the issue down much more quickly. You guys rock - as always!

The patch is now at our internal quality control group, and then on to Sony and Microsoft by (we think) Friday.

We are still targeting about 2-3 weeks from now for the patch to drop, and of course I will keep you updated as things progress.

Ian

Game: Madden NFL 09Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: NDS / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 88 - View All
Madden NFL 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 Zuke @ 09/08/08 05:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by widoutkrew
Do i have to restart my franchise in order for the new patch to take effect that would fix the progression/regresion problem as well as the freezing problem?
no

# 142 tanis38 @ 09/08/08 07:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ab2c4
What is a Roster Update considered? Does it automatically download as soon as the game loads up, or do you have to DL it from the Marketplace for the ps3?
For roster updates, you need to start an online match. It will prompt you to download the roster from the Team Select screen. Once you download it and save it, you need to exit the match.

Very annoying. They should have a section to go download roster updates without having to begin to start a match. I always feel bad exiting and leaving my opponent thinking I just quit for no reason.

# 143 glitch3d @ 09/08/08 07:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuke
no
Is this confirmed? What's the franchise going to do? Start making players progress or regress despite the fact I started it before the patch?

# 144 TT Mc Dre @ 09/08/08 07:14 PM
The roster update is out already. You have to go to a Ranked match and it will prompt the download. Pacman is there, Marcus Mason is on the Ravens but Willie Anderson is in the Free Agent pool, HUH?
No Derrick Martin on the Ravens but the Rookie DT Divens is on the roster.They took Flacco down rating wise but I put him right back where he belongs. Those EA ain't that great with the ratings. Quote me, my team and I will talk about doing a new one and come out with an improved one. Good Job EA...it's out. LOL

# 145 Tweeg @ 09/08/08 10:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa_Bonami
The patch should include some gameplay slowdown....as it is now, the animations are much too fast. It makes the gameplay feel a little unpolished

Tone down the decleating mid air over the top collision tackles....this happens too often on 2 man tackles. Players simply dont tackle players by leaping horizontally across mid air up high on ball carriers....(well maybe in the the movies)

Tone down the ROBO AI Passing pinpoint passing accuracy

there's others...but fix these and thi game will be more enjoyable

as it is now, I think NCAA Football is a better playing game of football, even if it's game engine isnt as advanced
These are all rather subjective and you're a little late to the party.

# 146 GamingJones @ 09/08/08 11:25 PM
I was asked to download an update tonight.

Any idea what that was for?

# 147 xV3L0CiTY @ 09/09/08 12:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxAbbitt
I was asked to download an update tonight.

Any idea what that was for?
If it was online it should have been the roster update.

# 148 DrUrsus @ 09/09/08 12:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tanis38
For roster updates, you need to start an online match. It will prompt you to download the roster from the Team Select screen. Once you download it and save it, you need to exit the match.

Very annoying. They should have a section to go download roster updates without having to begin to start a match. I always feel bad exiting and leaving my opponent thinking I just quit for no reason.
I agree they should have just made another section, and Silver should be enough. I don't play online much anymore, so I don't have Gold anymore. Luckily some cool people here at OS post it in Xchange.

# 149 DrUrsus @ 09/09/08 12:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xV3L0CiTY
If it was online it should have been the roster update.
Yea, but it normally doesn't work that way. Normally you have to go to the start match screen and then back out and save, right?

# 150 DrUrsus @ 09/09/08 12:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa_Bonami
The patch should include some gameplay slowdown....as it is now, the animations are much too fast. It makes the gameplay feel a little unpolished

Tone down the decleating mid air over the top collision tackles....this happens too often on 2 man tackles. Players simply dont tackle players by leaping horizontally across mid air up high on ball carriers....(well maybe in the the movies)

Tone down the ROBO AI Passing pinpoint passing accuracy

there's others...but fix these and thi game will be more enjoyable

as it is now, I think NCAA Football is a better playing game of football, even if it's game engine isnt as advanced
Being able to slow the game down a little may be nice for some, the speed doesn't bother me, but it's too late for this year.

# 151 DrUrsus @ 09/09/08 12:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by widoutkrew
Great, thank you!
I'm new at this. What is the different between Patch, roster updates and DL?
A roster update is a roster update you get when you go to online matches, then you have to save it. Roster update 2 is out. You have to have xbox live Gold or get it from here in the rosters section in xchange format. You have to have an xbox 360 xchange kit for that which can be found online. If you have a PS3, same thing except it is free.

Patch 2 is supposed to fix some problems with the game. Just read up and you will see what the problems are. You just have to be online to get it when you start the game. Silver is enough for patches. Patch 2 is not out yet as you can see from the grumbling here. Same for PS3

DLC is downloadable content that EA may put in the Xbox live Marketplace and PS3 store. It is "extra" stuff like getting CPU sliders back and accelerated clock to name a few. Supposedly it is up to Microsoft and Sony to allow the DLC for Madden 09. It is supposed to be free.

Hope this quick synopsis helps.

# 152 Kramer5150 @ 09/09/08 05:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by billsjunkie
If your on the next gen systems there is NO WAY to get the patches with dialup. First time I ever heard that from anyone.
.....yea ok,I see you are completely clueless. Here's just a small sample of what I've been able to do using dialup....

1) Got both patches for NCAA,as well as downloaded rosters from the EA locker
2) Got the first Madden patch,as well as the 2 different roster updates
3) Got the patch for Bioshock

# 153 rippy987 @ 09/09/08 05:57 AM
hi, i am an nfl fan from australia. Ive watched the NFl and played Madden for years. Love the whole series.This years madden, i really like, i understand people have a lot of problems with the game,and i know they are there too , however, i still feel the game is very enjoyable to me. However.....The only thing i really want more than anything, is the accellerated clock, i love to play sim style football as well as the game can be played, and the only thing that is really stopping me is there is too many plays.from both sides.......I hear everyone talking about the patch #2 theyre waiting for....id also like that, but for me its not a necessity, but accellerated clock is. I hope this is somewhere on the cards,b4 NBA 2k9 otherwise, i might have to put it on the shelve and wait till next years edition again.

# 154 bdawkins20 @ 09/09/08 06:53 AM
If I edit players, and create players do I have to start over once the patch is released. My apologies if this has been asked and answered already someplace within these 17 pages. Thanks in advance for anyone that replies!

Have a great day!

# 155 BenjiA @ 09/09/08 07:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdawkins20
If I edit players, and create players do I have to start over once the patch is released. My apologies if this has been asked and answered already someplace within these 17 pages. Thanks in advance for anyone that replies!

Have a great day!
I'm wondering the same thing. I've edited lots of player's numbers and helmets/facemasks etc. Do I need to start over when the patch is installed or will those edited players progress even if I'm halfway through the season...??

Please anyone who REALLY knows reply!!

# 156 ab2c4 @ 09/09/08 10:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tanis38

I see what you mean. I have to pretend that I am going to play somebody and then basically quit when they are doing the coin toss? If so, they really need a better way of doing this and I agree there should just be a section in the online menu for "roster updates". Thanks for the info though.

# 157 billsjunkie @ 09/09/08 10:47 AM
No before you even go into the game it will have you update the rosters. Its not hard at all and its fine the way there doing it. Its painless.

# 158 bgdave39 @ 09/09/08 10:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ab2c4
I see what you mean. I have to pretend that I am going to play somebody and then basically quit when they are doing the coin toss? If so, they really need a better way of doing this and I agree there should just be a section in the online menu for "roster updates". Thanks for the info though.

You can back out at the team select screen. No need to go all the way to the coin toss.

# 159 ab2c4 @ 09/09/08 11:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgdave39
You can back out at the team select screen. No need to go all the way to the coin toss.

Ok, so I just need to enter a "room" and it will prompt me at that point? The reason I ask is because I have never played online and don't ever plan to, but I do want the roster update. I have the ps3 version, my ps3 is connected to my wireless internet and I do have an EA account. Last night I was looking around in Madden and I selected the online item from the Main Menu. One of the options in there was to join a room from a list of "rooms" (I forgot what they are called). So all I need to do is enter one of those "rooms" regardless if there are 10 people already in there or I am the first person in there and it will prompt me for the roster update at that point? If so that is fine, I just don't want to be rude to somebody by having them think I am playing them and then back out at the last minute.

# 160 ab2c4 @ 09/09/08 11:11 AM
Also, can't I just download the roster update with my pc, put it on a usb flash drive and copy it onto my ps3 that way? That would seem to make the most sense. Actually what would make the most sense would be to have a menu option in Madden for "Roster Update".

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.