Home
News Post

The NBA 2K9 teaser video #4 is online. Check it out!

Game: NBA 2K9Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 72 - View All
NBA 2K9 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 Goffs @ 09/09/08 11:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican
I just say it is disrespect to your finances to buy both games
short and to the point

my hats off to you sir for not making it long winded lol

# 142 timotim19 @ 09/09/08 11:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KDRE_OS
You obviously thought what you said was more important that what it was. Spam isn't allowed on OS
Even though my opinion doesn't matter, I agree with him. I think your not grasping the difference between personal opinions and breaking the rules. He didn't break them and was just trying to provoke an isolated conversation, away from what the topic was about when he first posted it, as to not get off topic too much in the original thread. What you did was to take it upon yourself to deem hes attempt at that conversation not worthy which is not your job... you enforce the rules, and when you see the rules broke, you fix it and take the appropriate actions... you dont use your own personal opinion on a subject matter to lock a thread from someone who didn't do anything wrong, thats not your call.

PS: I guess Ill find out what your opinion of my opinion is in a second.

# 143 green94 @ 09/09/08 12:05 PM
No hands touching the rims on dunks, STILL? Come on 2k.

Rose looked nasty though.

# 144 HeavenlyTouch @ 09/09/08 12:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Furq
Doesn't have to do with defense, the simple fact is that Wallace is still twice his size

Either way it's not a huge deal it's still a videogame and so this stuff is expected. I can live with it
Man, what are all you people talking about? IT DOESN'T MATTER IF WALLACE IS TWICE HIS SIZE.

WALLACE WAS TAKING A CHARGE!

Have you ever watched an NBA game to distinguish what is realism? guys like Wallace, Varejao, and many others try to take charges all the time and when a player's momentum carries them into the other player, he will fall. Wallace didn't attempt to block it, he attempted to sell a charge. Want me to repeat it again? WALLACE WAS TAKING A CHARGE, C H A R G E, CHARGE!

And for the people who say Rose can't dunk like that on a guy the size of Wallace, you have to be kidding me. Go watch some Rose highlights on youtube, and tell me the man isn't one of the best dunkers you've ever seen just based on those highlights. I've never seen a PG pull off a wind mill, thats for sure.

# 145 TMagic @ 09/09/08 12:27 PM
We don't have information and there are those out there that complain about the lack of info and vids/pics that there is in the game.

Then they release some more vids and pics for the game and then there are complaints about the pics and videos shown.

I guess 2K can't win.

# 146 HeavenlyTouch @ 09/09/08 12:27 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PZxPPOjy1g

hands touch the rim in 2k9 teaser #2

cry?

# 147 Gmoney2002 @ 09/09/08 01:05 PM
The trailer was ok...I thought the Paul Pierce trailer was the best one. I'm just dissapointed 2k has not shown ANY gameplay videos whatsoever. Meahwhile you have the "other" game release a demo. Judging from these trailers alone, the graphics seem the same to me. Yes the texturing is better(basketball, skin etc... face models) and the jersey animation is good but overall it looks like refinement rather than improvement.

I will be purchasing 2k regardless because, as most of you do, I love 2k's gameplay. I just hope 2k does not try to get involved in a feature for feature competition. Concentrate to improve on what makes your product the best out there...GAMEPLAY.

# 148 Bornindamecca @ 09/09/08 01:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmagic_01
We don't have information and there are those out there that complain about the lack of info and vids/pics that there is in the game.

Then they release some more vids and pics for the game and then there are complaints about the pics and videos shown.

I guess 2K can't win.
The only thing 2k has released is the is the group of teasers. Everything else has been unsanctioned. 2k can and will win when they start openly discussing the newest installment of their series. There will be detractors, as there are for everything in the history of time, but a decent amount of the fanbase will be satisfied. Right now 2k is withholding info until they are ready, and some of the fans are unsatisfied with the timeline of their info distribution. It's not unreasonable this close to release.

# 149 DC @ 09/09/08 01:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavenlyTouch
I've never seen a PG pull off a wind mill, thats for sure.
I am sure there is at least one in here. Haven't watched it yet

# 150 black4sho @ 09/09/08 02:06 PM
Listen I played Live 09 demo, and its the same ol' game with bunch of stick figures and akward jumpshots. No where nears the smooth play of 2k. 2k has always delivered, they dont have to put out all these crappy commercials or non stop video clips to show there the best b-ball game. They know it and we know it that "live" is playing catchup and will always play catchup. 2k You got me vote on 2k10 without me even knowing what "live" is planning on doing for Live 2010 thats how suck they are

# 151 DC @ 09/09/08 02:11 PM
Live demo is trash. Remind me to delete that foolishness off of my harddrive when I get home.

# 152 Behindshadows @ 09/09/08 02:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by black4sho
Listen I played Live 09 demo, and its the same ol' game with bunch of stick figures and akward jumpshots. No where nears the smooth play of 2k. 2k has always delivered, they dont have to put out all these crappy commercials or non stop video clips to show there the best b-ball game. They know it and we know it that "live" is playing catchup and will always play catchup. 2k You got me vote on 2k10 without me even knowing what "live" is planning on doing for Live 2010 thats how suck they are
Good way to start your account here, another pointless post. We've all played the Live 09 demo and its not the same ole' and the player models aren't bad. And the jumpshots are far from akward.

Back on topic: These teaser are terrible! I wonder if they will do an On Da Spot Video with Gamespot, like they usually do every year. But usually during the summer.

I'm ready for some gameplay videos so I can hear the new presentation team.

# 153 DC @ 09/09/08 02:15 PM
No they aren't FAR from awkward. Those jumpshots feel horrible man. But you would never admit it.

# 154 Behindshadows @ 09/09/08 02:19 PM
Quote:
No they aren't FAR from awkward. Those jumpshots feel horrible man. But you would never admit it.
DC you my buddy and all, but you know EA could make the ultimate BB game and you would find something wrong with it, because you hate them as a whole.

And it feels bad to you, because you look for it too. And your not use to the EA style of BB or the controls.

Fact is its not 2k BB and never will be. But doesn't mean its anything less of a standard.

Both equally have great things to offer to gamers.

# 155 slvicick @ 09/09/08 02:24 PM
Quote:
Live demo is trash. Remind me to delete that foolishness off of my harddrive when I get home.
LOL

And yeah, the jumpers are awkward. I don't care wut anybody says.

# 156 DC @ 09/09/08 02:24 PM
Point blank the jumpshots feel awkward. They LOOK awkward. It is not because I am not "used" to the EA System. It is not because I WANT to find something wrong with it. It is because they ARE awkward.

You need to go to law school and be an in-house attorney for EA man cause you defend those dudes like no tomorrow man

# 157 kwas676 @ 09/09/08 02:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Behindshadows
Good way to start your account here, another pointless post. We've all played the Live 09 demo and its not the same ole' and the player models aren't bad. And the jumpshots are far from akward.

Back on topic: These teaser are terrible! I wonder if they will do an On Da Spot Video with Gamespot, like they usually do every year. But usually during the summer.

I'm ready for some gameplay videos so I can hear the new presentation team.
Man don't even waste your time as much as I like 2k basket series the fan boys that come with it can be straight up annoying and childish at times.
I like the video they did a good job on the skin textures and environment. At the end of day imo I think 2k9 gameplay wise is just gonna be a tweaked up 2k8.

# 158 Rebel_INS @ 09/09/08 02:40 PM
Sounds like the ball's going through a plastic net when u score a bucket

# 159 23 @ 09/09/08 02:41 PM
Some people are so bored they can't even understand that this isnt the EA NBA Live forums.

Take this talk to the Live boards

# 160 DakkoN @ 09/09/08 03:09 PM
The 2k vs Live talk is getting real annoying. There is really NO need for EVERY thread to turn into 2k vs Live.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.