Home
News Post

IGN has the details.

Quote:
"With NHL 09 finally making the jump to true online sports competition with multiple players playing the roles of every athlete on the court, pitch or field, don't be surprised if every sports game on the planet follows suit."

Game: FIFA Soccer 09Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: NDS / PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 28 - View All
FIFA Soccer 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 BrianFifaFan @ 09/10/08 03:28 PM
I'm up for it!

# 22 Matt Diesel @ 09/10/08 04:02 PM
Ill play goalie , human vacuum cleaner they call me. Big fan of 08 online. This should be crazy.

# 23 sportsdude @ 09/10/08 04:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mddst34
Ill play goalie , human vacuum cleaner they call me. Big fan of 08 online. This should be crazy.
pretty sure you can't play as the goalie.

# 24 KG @ 09/10/08 04:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinse
I'm down for any position if a team wants me.
My inner 12yr old found this to be very funny on the first go around.

My excitement for the CLub mode took a big hit after reading that all of the players will have the same attributes. That doesn't make any sense to me.

What's the point of having different teams then? Why not just upload our EA avatars and give them generic bodies instead of picking a Barca team that plays like DC United?

# 25 Altimus @ 09/10/08 05:35 PM
I'm up for this on the PS3.

# 26 TheDutchDad @ 09/10/08 06:12 PM
I'm in.

# 27 Posty-McPost @ 09/10/08 07:31 PM
I've been waiting two years for them to roll out 10v10. I'm sick of being the rover in 5v5.

# 28 demencia_total @ 09/10/08 07:59 PM
I'm up for it on PS3. However, given my current location, the lag/latency is probably going to be horrible.

# 29 Matt Diesel @ 09/11/08 04:31 PM
Dang. OK no goalie then. Maybe WB or DM then.

# 30 Tomasperez9 @ 09/11/08 06:07 PM
I'm in on the 360. Any position you guys want me to play, I'll be up for it...

# 31 Qb @ 09/12/08 08:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by demencia_total
I'm up for it on PS3. However, given my current location, the lag/latency is probably going to be horrible.
FWIW, I've played several games with Calcutta, who lives down under as well I believe. I never noticed any additional lag, nor do I remember him complaining of it...

# 32 goz @ 09/12/08 12:06 PM
Count me in! Defensive Midfielder, wing, or anywhere in the back line. I think this alone has switched me back to the FIFA side....

PEACE!
GOZ

# 33 calcutta @ 09/13/08 04:11 AM
I'm in for 360, depending on lag of course.

I predict we'll see alot of the Dutch total football offside trap/swarm the ball carrier in this mode as in this video

# 34 BrianFifaFan @ 09/13/08 03:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by P2K
I'll be down for the 360 version.

Hopefully, the damn thing will still be alive by then.

I feel your pain/fear, mine just took a dump....RROD!

# 35 Vince @ 09/13/08 07:53 PM
Can i use my own user created player?

# 36 Juice Malone @ 09/13/08 07:55 PM
I am going to spend alot of time with this mode.

If anyone would like an unselfish, disciplined defender or defending midfielder count me in.

# 37 rsnomar05 @ 09/13/08 08:39 PM
I'm down for 360 or PS3. I would prefer to be a winger (either LM or RM, but I can do AM as well), but I am flexible in terms of where I play.

It seems like everyone is saying "midfield or striker," so we're going to need some people to play defense or DM, maybe even WB or in a Clichy/Sagna type attacking defender role.

Either way, I can't wait. And I like that if you are selfish and don't play a team game, you can be booted from the team.

# 38 Matt Diesel @ 09/15/08 03:04 PM
I am all down for being a WB. Lets get this organized so we have some semblance of a roster and we can fill positions we need to fill.

# 39 Qb @ 09/15/08 04:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by calcutta
I predict we'll see alot of the Dutch total football offside trap/swarm the ball carrier in this mode as in this video
Ha! Me and a few other guys (blax, kgx, tp? not sure exactly who) played some random guys a few weeks ago who were offside trapping every chance they got, even as far up as midfield. It took us a while to adapt, but eventually we did and beat them down. We had several 3 & 4 man breakaways alone with the 'keeper once we got our timing down.

This should be really fun and I'm up for the 360 team. I liked playing CM or CDM the most in 08 OTP and wouldn't be opposed to playing in the back line. But I like to play positional defense, so I'm not sure if that translates well to online play, given the effectiveness of charging anything that moves, hence why I'm such a terrible 'any'...

# 40 Methlab @ 09/15/08 04:38 PM
I said striker or middy because my best weapons are my passing and abilities to make moves. I won some FIFA tournies back in the 90s, and this was my strength.

I started the demo with the default settings and the controls felt REAL nice. Like I can do all those sexy moves again

The difference this year is that I think the shooting is better. You can shoot from a little outside the box and have a good chance of knocking one in there.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.