Home
News Post

The FIFA Soccer 09 demo is available, please post your impressions here.

FIFA Soccer 09 screenshot gallery - Click to view FIFA Soccer 09 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: FIFA Soccer 09Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: NDS / PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 28 - View All
FIFA Soccer 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 Meazza @ 09/11/08 05:21 PM
It's finally on PSN. Downloading now

# 42 BrianFifaFan @ 09/11/08 05:26 PM
Well, I've played 5 matches so far. I've scored one goal with Ballack in the 80th against Marseille. I won that one 1-0. The other 4 have all gone to penalties with me going 3-1. This is on Pro, as I'm trying to get a hold of everything before stepping up. I'm just amazed by the amount of animations and the ball physics. Much more "sloppy" play. Man, I can't wait. I just hate that I have to send this turd of a console into the shop. Oh well, It ran faithfully without a hitch for over two years......Brian

# 43 Mad 69 @ 09/11/08 05:46 PM
What build is the demo? I'm sure we will see some differences in the final version.

# 44 Acid @ 09/11/08 05:56 PM
I don't like the curve on the free kicks.

It's ridiculous how it moves about 10 feet just as it's approaching the goal.

# 45 Bahnzo @ 09/11/08 06:26 PM
Just played 5 games on Pro level. Not sure I can add much that hasn't been said so far, but what really strikes me is the control is much crisper. The overall reaction times are so much better this year than last.

Headers are much better, not only due to the improved controls, but you don't have to stand right where the ball is going to win them either. And it's nice to finally have larger, stronger players have an advantage in heading also.

Fouls...hell yeah! I'd say they are mostly fixed. I've yet to feel cheated by the ref for a foul committed on me.

Also I've noticed the game using some cool animations when the situation is appropriate. I had a player take a shot in the box (with Milan, forgot the player's name) where instead of turning and shooting he made a neat little backheel shot. Last year that never happened for me.

One thing also...on PK's. Your keeper is controlled two ways. Right stick moves him left/right, and left stick is diving direction. It's not all on one stick like said earlier, you need to use both to move your guy in a direction.

# 46 Da-Man @ 09/11/08 07:07 PM
Can anyone tell me if there's a broadcast cam in the game? Thanks.

# 47 Krebstar @ 09/11/08 07:38 PM
Well, you certainly can not tackle like last year, because you will rightfully be given cards on horrible tackles.

In two games, I've seen five yellows and one straight red. The straight red was great, I went in for a tackle, and in stead of the sweeping motion you see with some sliding tackles in the game, this was straight in, studs showing. This made me happy to see.

Other things, hitting the woodwork gives you a much better sound this year. Also, the replays are just perfect, especially going back and showing replays of cards.

# 48 Moses Shuttlesworth @ 09/11/08 08:40 PM
I just downloaded the demo on PSN and I think it's pretty good. I like how they've given you more control over your player and the responsiveness has been touched on. Responsiveness of players was really my biggest itch in last year's, so it's good to see an improvement in that category.

# 49 PAPERNUT @ 09/11/08 08:46 PM
Love the way this is looking now. Players are responsive now and the AI is not too bad like in 08. I love the clearance by the cpu players and finally the reverse game feels great due to the responsive players enough to allow for true play instead of just pushing forward all the time. Shooting feels much better as well with more control.

# 50 Moses Shuttlesworth @ 09/11/08 08:47 PM
Can anyone give their insight on the best way to utilize the finesse shot button?

# 51 J-Unit40 @ 09/11/08 08:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da-Man
Can anyone tell me if there's a broadcast cam in the game? Thanks.
Yes. And in the retail version you will be able to adjust the zoom and height.

# 52 Blaxican8504 @ 09/11/08 08:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses Shuttlesworth
I just downloaded the demo on PSN and I think it's pretty good. I like how they've given you more control over your player and the responsiveness has been touched on. Responsiveness of players was really my biggest itch in last year's, so it's good to see an improvement in that category.
I really love this demo. The first thing that jumps out at you is the responsiveness.

I was playing as Real Madrid and received a pass with Ruud in the middle of the pitch. I turned and did a through pass down the wing. My winger ran after it with the defender coming towards the ball from the opposite direction. I got to the ball first, took control of it and cut back inside...all in one motion. The defender was spun around and I charged into the box where I laid a pass off to Raul who attempted a back heel that was saved by the goalie. I had to applaud the effort and run made by my players. It was awesome.

# 53 BrianFifaFan @ 09/11/08 08:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Unit40
Yes. And in the retail version you will be able to adjust the zoom and height.
Actually, you can adjust them in the demo,too. Just when you start a match go into the options and check your camera settings. Height and zoom are available. I lowered and zoomed the Pro Cam. Great stuff.Brian

# 54 Tomasperez9 @ 09/11/08 09:17 PM
All I have to say is that there was just a handball, or at least that is the only reasonable explanation I could think of, and a yellow card was given. A cross by Jankulovski hit of Bordon's chest and then his arm. Wow. This is awesome.

# 55 forensicd @ 09/11/08 09:21 PM
I like the demo, but man it is way too fast, and no longer smooth like 08. I understand they needed to make it more responsive, but cutting out frames of an animation isnt the way to do it. It just seems too much like they are going they way PES with ultra fast gameplay to get responsiveness.

# 56 emc12 @ 09/11/08 09:27 PM
that is the same way i feel forensicd it is way to fast and even if you put slow on the settings it doesnt really make a difference they also took away the Lt+Rt function when you have the ball i used it alot in 08 to setup plays

# 57 Bruins @ 09/11/08 09:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by forensicd
I like the demo, but man it is way too fast, and no longer smooth like 08. I understand they needed to make it more responsive, but cutting out frames of an animation isnt the way to do it. It just seems too much like they are going they way PES with ultra fast gameplay to get responsiveness.
Try setting the game speed to Slow.

# 58 ProfessaPackMan @ 09/11/08 09:39 PM
Did the demo freeze up for any of you guys when you first played it?

# 59 demencia_total @ 09/11/08 09:40 PM
I personally don't see anything wrong with the speed, specially since if you try to just run through people in World Class difficulty, you'll lose possession pretty easily. I am a fan of slower gameplay, and at least at the default speed that the demo is running, it seems pretty balanced. I like it how you have to build up or you're pretty screwed to get a change at goal. Lob crosses are no longer a sure thing as in 08, with defenders reacting much better.

The only thing I didn't like a bit was that while your teammates are much more intelligent, they still don't pressure the ball enough, even when you instruct them to. They also seem to be caught out of position at times if you don't switch fast enough. That's a minor gripe though, because as I kept playing more, I found it to be much more responsive and could position them well enough to make a play. Could improve a bit though.

# 60 sportsdude @ 09/11/08 10:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by demencia_total
I personally don't see anything wrong with the speed, specially since if you try to just run through people in World Class difficulty, you'll lose possession pretty easily. I am a fan of slower gameplay, and at least at the default speed that the demo is running, it seems pretty balanced. I like it how you have to build up or you're pretty screwed to get a change at goal. Lob crosses are no longer a sure thing as in 08, with defenders reacting much better.

The only thing I didn't like a bit was that while your teammates are much more intelligent, they still don't pressure the ball enough, even when you instruct them to. They also seem to be caught out of position at times if you don't switch fast enough. That's a minor gripe though, because as I kept playing more, I found it to be much more responsive and could position them well enough to make a play. Could improve a bit though.
did you try adjusting the custom tactics to make your team more aggressive?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.