Home
News Post

MySpace member ,El Conquistador, has posted a brand new video from Fight Night Round 4.

Quote:
"Fighting looks good, legs looks skinny, but they have like 6 more months in development, very promising. Enjoy!!"

Game: Fight Night Round 4Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 38 - View All
Fight Night Round 4 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Behindshadows @ 09/12/08 01:52 PM
That looked pretty damn good! WOW!!!

Really made me want to get this day 1. Nice find man, and thanks for sharing.

# 2 BSanders @ 09/12/08 03:08 PM
Nice find, Thanks..

# 3 TequILLa @ 09/12/08 03:19 PM
I like at 1:27 even though they was close they didn't clip through each other, it's like their bodies were really touching each other.

# 4 Vast @ 09/12/08 03:45 PM
Yeah man im officially hyped for this game!! I wasn't feeling the player models too much tho. It looked like ali's arms were way too long. other then that this looks like the one we've been waiting for.......

as long as the career mode is great.

# 5 HotSauce2k3 @ 09/12/08 04:48 PM
The new fight engine looks great, I just hope it's executed well. I agree that the player models, even at just 70%, don't look good.

# 6 allBthere @ 09/12/08 04:49 PM
I guess I'm the only one who was a little dissapointed here.

It still looks awkward and jerky imo. I didin't see smooth punches, I saw jerky position a-position b animations. Where's the body roll?
I could point out a bunch of specifc punches (especially uppercuts) but I think I'll wait until we get better vids in higher resolutions.
I was also expecting better ring movement, especially laterally.

we'll see, here';s hoping for the best...

# 7 Complex @ 09/12/08 06:29 PM
FINALLY, reach is a factor and some level of inside fighting.

I still need a good career mode.

# 8 slip3rman @ 09/12/08 07:49 PM
That presentation worked well as they pointed out things from FN3 that were problem areas and that they are trying to improve them, so that's a plus. It looked like the game could be turned into a slugfest though. Hopefully there will be situations where we'll actually have to box (and box well). And I somewhat agree with the player models and punching (looked PS1 like at first look).

# 9 SHAKYR @ 09/12/08 07:52 PM
I want to know how deep Fight Night Round 4 is going to be as far as career mode, one player and online experience.

# 10 LingeringRegime @ 09/13/08 01:32 AM
Mike looked real nice. I can't wait to see the improvements they have made to game modes.

# 11 SHAKYR @ 09/13/08 08:22 AM
I think Fight Night Round 3 spoiled alot of people with it's graphics. It seems like gameplay and realism means nothing. I watched the video and look how Tyson moves his head side to side to avoid some of Ali punches. There are going to be complaining no matter what they put in. I take my hat of to the Fight Night producers who are leading this project. They are actually trying to do more for the true boxing fans than.....Kudo!

# 12 lamoyou401 @ 09/13/08 08:58 AM
wow this doesn't come out til next year and it still looks 100000000000000 better than prizefighter

# 13 SHAKYR @ 09/13/08 12:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by abuC
Fight Night round 3 might have had great graphics, but it sucked to play. I think they're going about this the right way, the graphics look good in my opinion, most importantly is they are addressing the problems most of us had with the gameplay, the fact they point out strategy has me excited.

You are absolutely correct.

# 14 TequILLa @ 09/13/08 01:59 PM
People are looking at the graphics and seem dissappointed but the game has several months left in development. Seems like they are getting the ground work done on the gameplay side first then the graphics. If you look at it now all the bells and whistle missing in the back ground. This game still has some was to go, i wouldn't be surprised when it's all said and done it looks better then FNR3

# 15 kwas676 @ 09/13/08 06:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TequILLa
People are looking at the graphics and seem dissappointed but the game has several months left in development. Seems like they are getting the ground work done on the gameplay side first then the graphics. If you look at it now all the bells and whistle missing in the back ground. This game still has some was to go, i wouldn't be surprised when it's all said and done it looks better then FNR3
Thank U I'm not trying to b a jerk but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out this is a early alpha build.

# 16 phant030 @ 09/13/08 08:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vast
Yeah man im officially hyped for this game!! I wasn't feeling the player models too much tho. It looked like ali's arms were way too long. other then that this looks like the one we've been waiting for.......

as long as the career mode is great.
If u listen to the announcer, he states "exaggerated for effect"..so they were just showing how it would be effective. Not necessarily his actual reach.

# 17 Pappy Knuckles @ 09/14/08 04:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEFTFUNDAMENTALZ
Mike looked real nice. I can't wait to see the improvements they have made to game modes.
LOL @ parts unknown. Lemme take a wild guess where you're from.

# 18 BezO @ 09/14/08 12:34 PM
Looking good so far. Partial blocks, punches landing on shoulders, reach being a factor, and the ability to fight inside should greatly improve things. Body movement looked much more natural. That looked a lot more like boxing.

I would like to see more fluid footwork. Movement around the ring still looks choppy.

And I didn't see any clinching. That's an area that needs to be more dynamic than in the past. I hope to see seemless clinching animations and punching in the clinch.

And of course, there weren't any presentation elements shown. That's an area that needed a lot of help.

Any word on there being sliders in Rd 4?

Quote:
Originally Posted by slip3rman
...It looked like the game could be turned into a slugfest though. Hopefully there will be situations where we'll actually have to box (and box well)...
Some of the new features should help. The effectiveness of punches determined by how they connect, punches partially landing and punches glancing off shoulders should make for more realistic exchanges.

What we didn't see is how clinching will work, the effect of fatigue, how much chin fighters have, ect. But from what was shown, more realistic fights seem quite possible.

# 19 sunshinemind @ 09/17/08 11:33 PM
Nice opening with Tyson...my favorite fighter of all time. Devastating puncher!!

# 20 SHAKYR @ 09/18/08 12:11 AM
I hope they have his speed down packed.

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.