News Post

Game: NBA Live 09Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Xbox 360Votes for game: 38 - View All
NBA Live 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Hassan Darkside @ 09/15/08 03:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KDRE_OS

The guy at the beginning is not Brandon Roy. I thought so too until i saw he had on purple shoes... It was Deron Williams with a Utah practice jersey on.
The very first guy in the opening scene is Roy where the camera is looking up at him dribbling.

# 22 flyriceboii @ 09/15/08 03:10 PM
Quote:
The guy at the beginning is not Brandon Roy. I thought so too until i saw he had on purple shoes... It was Deron Williams with a Utah practice jersey on.
The very first player you see is Roy. You're right about Deron Williams tho, that's him dribbling down the court.

# 23 SageInfinite @ 09/15/08 03:11 PM
Well it'd be great if it was real gameplay

# 24 phant030 @ 09/15/08 03:11 PM
Played the demo. But noticeable things are different in other vids and demo tho. The guy also thought some post defense mechanic was fixed...but not in demo it wasnt. So can we be sure the demo is 95%? Prolly but we also dont know what was removed.

I DO think some things were fake...like Gilbert dribbling thru Haywoods legs...But the majority seemed legit, am i right? in live 06 u could jump over a players head..so IDK..Not tryna to argue..but the trailer was just pure hottness. Hopefully, most of the things in the vid are in game.

# 25 slvicick @ 09/15/08 03:22 PM
This looked real good. If I didn't play the demo and I saw that it would be an automatic purchase for me. Imma still have to wait and see what everybody thinks about it b4 I go buy though.

Now I can only wonder what momentous has cookin up...

# 26 23 @ 09/15/08 03:23 PM
Got it, that was a smooth switch up

# 27 Stumbleweed @ 09/15/08 03:25 PM
Yeah, some of those moves might be rare, and I'm sure that we didn't see most of them in the demo, considering that there were only 2 teams involved and the games were so short. But nothing in there looked to me like that CGI'd video from Live 08 with the Wizards... that was obviously made with the game engine but made to look and move better than it would otherwise (as well as edited to make the whole thing more dramatic)...

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt here just because there are some AMAZING animations in this game that I've seen in the demo, so it's not beyond the realm of possibility that they just grabbed some of the best-looking ones for the trailer.

# 28 Pared @ 09/15/08 03:33 PM
Quote:
Sheed complaining, Gil traveled big time and palmed the ball on that pass.. Tay's flawless takeoff and dunk, even the same with VC, although it was spiced up.
Tay's dunk was all one-handed too. Very, very nice.

You picked up on a lot of the things I was referring to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumbleweed
Yeah, some of those moves might be rare, and I'm sure that we didn't see most of them in the demo, considering that there were only 2 teams involved and the games were so short. But nothing in there looked to me like that CGI'd video from Live 08 with the Wizards... that was obviously made with the game engine but made to look and move better than it would otherwise (as well as edited to make the whole thing more dramatic)...

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt here just because there are some AMAZING animations in this game that I've seen in the demo, so it's not beyond the realm of possibility that they just grabbed some of the best-looking ones for the trailer.
I'm sure these moves are in the game. They're probably rare and when you cut trailers like this, it's very easy to trigger the move using a devkit.

# 29 Mintsa @ 09/15/08 03:35 PM
The KG block on Bibby was sweet.........

Has anyone seen that in the demo ???

If so, does it happen too often ??

# 30 PuntNL @ 09/15/08 03:41 PM
Wow that's a hot trailer...
I can't tell if this is what the game will look when playing it in a couple of weeks, but I do know one thing... 2K: This is what you call marketing!! I just fell in love again with live...

# 31 edubbs @ 09/15/08 03:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mintsa
The KG block on Bibby was sweet.........

Has anyone seen that in the demo ???

If so, does it happen too often ??
Anytime I attempt a block in the demo with KG, his momentum carries him maybe 5 feet away from the guy's shot he's trying to block.

The blocking animations in the demo are bad and often out of context, and that's putting it kindly.

# 32 kwas676 @ 09/15/08 03:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by edubbs
Anytime I attempt a block in the demo with KG, his momentum carries him maybe 5 feet away from the guy's shot he's trying to block.

The blocking animations in the demo are bad and often out of context, and that's putting it kindly.
Yeah I havent seen the block but I have seen the move that bibby did to adjust in the air in the demo.

# 33 Muzyk23 @ 09/15/08 03:46 PM
The trailer looked great of course but please tell me why didn't we see anything like this in any of the numerous gameplay videos that have been released? I'm just saying..

# 34 bateman11 @ 09/15/08 03:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muzyk23
The trailer looked great of course but please tell me why didn't we see anything like this in any of the numerous gameplay videos that have been released? I'm just hating..
Fixed.

That trailer was off the charts.

# 35 eDotd @ 09/15/08 03:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bateman11
Fixed.

That trailer was off the charts.
lol.

Hot trailer.

# 36 DC @ 09/15/08 04:06 PM
Quote:
LOL, what is Kevin Durant doing Clyde Drexler's famous in game dunk man?

Thats blasphemy
Same thing I was about to type.

I like the Rasheed-isms though

# 37 DC @ 09/15/08 04:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MomentousCeltic
lol.

Hot trailer.
Wish I could say that about something else

# 38 jewelz1132 @ 09/15/08 04:14 PM
I'm glad you guys like the trailer..I put a lot of hard work into it.....lol nah lemme stop but its dope tho

# 39 ThaGenecyst @ 09/15/08 04:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican
let's not take it there LMAO not here at least

# 40 Pared @ 09/15/08 04:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican
Damn.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.