Home
News Post

Game: NBA Live 09Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Xbox 360Votes for game: 38 - View All
NBA Live 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 stizz @ 09/17/08 05:48 PM
I'm not sure if it's the same block. But in the gamplay video from gamersyde, there's a pretty huge block right at the beginning of the vid. That trailer was nice though, I just hope the final game is that smooth.

# 82 23 @ 09/18/08 01:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muzyk23
please tell me if you have seen e.g. such a block playing the demo?

I call this trailer FAKE and spiced up..if I'm wrong it's good for all of us..if I'm right it's the same old story with EA

can anyone from EA posting here explain?

Well I dont remember anyone calling out 2k and saying things like this when that KG CGI trailer came out.

They both do it, big deal

# 83 23 @ 09/18/08 01:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballForever
Just watched the trailer, pretty nice, but since when was traveling allowed in the nba, Look at the video and Look at Arenas, he travels the ball unbelievably...

From the pic I post, look at when it come in to play.

I saw it FF but that shot does it no justice.. he palmed the ball pas halfcourt... and its the start in that pic you posted, then he walked like 5 steps before he passed it...lol so funny but yeah guys in the NBA do travel as bad as that.

Check the slo mo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCEbuar7Qas

# 84 Jano @ 09/18/08 02:00 AM
^ That one was pretty bad but this one was worse to me:

I actually watched that game and I still can't believe Billups got away with that.

# 85 23 @ 09/18/08 02:02 AM
LOL WOW Chauncey.. he went full bore like a running back

# 86 SageInfinite @ 09/18/08 09:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KDRE_OS
Well I dont remember anyone calling out 2k and saying things like this when that KG CGI trailer came out.

I remember plenty of people calling out 2k on that. On top of that, this was before any real 2k footage had surfaced. NBA Live has a demo out, most of us have seen that it plays nothing like that trailer, its just....just wrong .

# 87 Muzyk23 @ 09/18/08 10:39 AM
Quote:

but it is not CGI...I guess

# 88 Pared @ 09/18/08 10:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
I remember plenty of people calling out 2k on that. On top of that, this was before any real 2k footage had surfaced. NBA Live has a demo out, most of us have seen that it plays nothing like that trailer, its just....just wrong .
I was just about to say the same thing...

Plenty of people posted how it was all CGI and not in-game graphics.

Then they went on to complain how we don't have any gameplay footage and the usual garbage ensued.

# 89 23 @ 09/18/08 11:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
You acting like they tricked you before hand then let you down.

# 90 SageInfinite @ 09/18/08 12:42 PM
Quote:
You acting like they tricked you before hand then let you down.
It's even worse that they released the demo, then tried to convince me that that's what the game looks/plays like!

Either way EA is getting my money this year. See and that's what makes it worse, they released a demo, which impressed me(by the way I thought that would be impossible), then released some BS when they already had me impressed! Now they just made the actual game look worse with that trailer

# 91 RoyalBoyle78 @ 09/18/08 01:08 PM
Quote:
I saw it FF but that shot does it no justice.. he palmed the ball pas halfcourt... and its the start in that pic you posted, then he walked like 5 steps before he passed it...lol so funny but yeah guys in the NBA do travel as bad as that.

Check the slo mo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCEbuar7Qas
Sorry, I meant Carry not traveling.

# 92 jmood88 @ 09/18/08 01:11 PM
I don't like their games but EA knows how to make some nice trailers.

# 93 jmood88 @ 09/18/08 01:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared

That song with Flip and Akon is hot.
Yeah I don't even like Akon but that song they had in the demo was nice.

# 94 23 @ 09/18/08 01:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballForever
Sorry, I meant Carry not traveling.

He did both, FF

# 95 texasgmr @ 09/18/08 01:26 PM
Damn only if the gameplay was like the trailer, it would be hands down EAs year.

# 96 bls @ 09/18/08 01:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumbleweed
Well, by CGI, I think he's referring to a scripted trailer like that Arenas-based one last year where he turned around before the shot fell. That was polished like crazy and was a scripted trailer... It was within the game engine but everything looked and moved better than Live 08 did... very obvious. It was a cool video, but I think that's what he was getting at...

Not like that 2K KG shot with his shoe and then grabbing the rim -- THAT one was obviously CGI. This Live video is definitely in the engine.. I don't see anything to say otherwise, you can still see some jankiness happening, so if it's CGI, they need to step their game up... Like Pared said, you can trigger whatever impressive moves you want to show off and rig situations to create exciting and impressive trailers with a devkit, but that doesn't mean that it's not gameplay (or in this case, probably a replay).

Well that bibby drive and Garnett block on him are definitely in game. I've saw both of those in the demo.

# 97 main @ 09/23/08 12:30 AM
Yall crazy. That is 100% gameplay, you can tell by the graphics. yes they added effects to it and slowed down the instant replays, but nothing was cgi.

# 98 23 @ 09/23/08 01:04 AM
You know it is gameplay.

Props to EA for this one

# 99 WTF @ 09/23/08 09:44 AM
Yep... other than the VC dunk, and dribble between the other guys legs.. I've seen everything else happen.

# 100 SageInfinite @ 09/23/08 10:50 AM
Yall are full of it

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.